PDA

View Full Version : cappuccino

starface8
06-11-11, 02:15 AM
If cappuccino gives the most coins of any gift why are people sending other items. I send only cappuccino and would like same in return. It's not like the gift items count towards mastery. Am I missing something???

cwmw
06-11-11, 06:30 AM
some people like to think they look cute and they like to gift different things to have more variety....

cwmw
06-11-11, 06:33 AM
this has been a very sensitive topic and lots of people have gotten into heated debates over this... the best thing to do if you like to gift cap and receive cap only is to put your id into those 'cappuccino only' add me threads :)

Rachael98
06-11-11, 06:35 AM
Or perhaps they don't know. You could always ask nicely. Otherwise, just put up with it! It's not really the end of the world to make a couple less coins is it?

wander1ust
06-11-11, 07:17 AM
I agree with cwmw. Everyone plays Bakery Story for different reasons. And likewise everyone views the purpose of having neighbors differently. Some have neighbors purely for gain. While that's not my motive, to each their own. I have a neighbor that gifts brownies everyday and it's perfectly ok. I think those who gift different things just thinks it looks cute. One of my neighbors sent me chocolate cake once cause at the moment I had all strawberry items and she said I needed some diversity :)

starface8
06-11-11, 09:30 AM
That's what I was thinking, no big deal, not sure if they want the same gift in return but I gift at same time daily and give capp so I guess if they want something different they'll have to ask and I'll gladly oblige. I guess I could add more neighbors who gift capp only. Thx for all your replies. :)

MissCeara
06-11-11, 09:36 AM
In short, who knows.

Like the members above have mentioned, maybe they are unaware of the benefit of cappuccino. Maybe they are deterred by the low quantity, without having done the math. Or perhaps something else altogether.

I have one neighbor who specified on her wall that she accepts all gifts except cappuccino. And that, of the remaining gifts available, her favorite gift was croissants. I really can't wrap my head around that one, but I never questioned her. To each his own. :)

saintlover
06-11-11, 10:19 AM
Agreed... When I first started playing I had no idea. And honestly never would have had I not come on the forums.

xSnowyOwlx
06-11-11, 03:13 PM
You can always decline gifts if you don't want them and can't you also just write on their wall and ask that they only send you cap?

mjwwonder
06-11-11, 04:53 PM
I've only just started playing and hadn't realised either, I've always just been going for diversity, or things they've already baked and so it can boost their stocks. I will be more aware now of what i'm sending.

Rachael98
06-11-11, 04:56 PM
I think we're really saying the same over and over here. In short:

Why care? It's not the end of the world!

bobbyrae
06-13-11, 02:25 PM
Lol...sometimes it's because I think that everyone, like me, has sooooooooooooooooo much cappuccino that maybe they would like some hot chocolate? 

Rachael98
06-13-11, 02:34 PM
Lol...sometimes it's because I think that everyone, like me, has sooooooooooooooooo much cappuccino that maybe they would like some hot chocolate? 

Admittedly I hate the taste of tea (very un-Brirish of me, isn't it?) and coffee! I much prefer Hot Chocolate in real life. But most of my neighbours are seasoned players and with 2 exceptions, everyone prefer cappuccino.

Rachael98
06-13-11, 02:35 PM
Admittedly I hate the taste of tea (very un-Brirish of me, isn't it?) and coffee! I much prefer Hot Chocolate in real life. But most of my neighbours are seasoned players and with 2 exceptions, everyone prefer cappuccino.

D'oh! *prefers cappuccino!:rolleyes: Sorry.

trenae
06-13-11, 02:36 PM
Some players may also send gifts based on the amount of time the item might take for their neighbors to make if they were going to cook it themselves versus receiving as a gift.

Rachael98
06-13-11, 02:38 PM
Some players may also send gifts based on the amount of time the item might take for their neighbors to make if they were going to cook it themselves versus receiving as a gift.

eg. Brownies: on a single oven (except most have more than that!), it takes about 5 minutes to get the gift equivalent.

xSnowyOwlx
06-13-11, 02:40 PM
I personally just gift based on different days. I start with the 1st and the next day the 2nd and so on. I hate just receiving the same thing over and over again because it stocks up and takes longer to sell.
Everyone likes to play the way they want and I respect that, of course.

driftboutique
06-13-11, 02:46 PM

Yeah, this is why I accept hot chocolate in addition to cappuccino. I like having it around but it takes so long to make. Also, it sells for nearly as much total as the cappuccino so it's still a high value gift.

I used to gift it every few days as well but what can I say, the people want their cappuccinos :D

trenae
06-13-11, 02:47 PM
eg. Brownies: on a single oven (except most have more than that!), it takes about 5 minutes to get the gift equivalent.

Not sure exactly you are getting at the same point I was making.

If an item takes a player 16 hours to make and that is offered as a gift, some might send that item as a gift over the one that takes 1 minute to bake. Meaning they may send the item in the gifts list that would take the longest to make (not brownies).

Yeah, this is why I accept hot chocolate in addition to cappuccino. I like having it around but it takes so long to make. Also, it sells for nearly as much total as the cappuccino so it's still a high value gift.

I used to gift it every few days as well but what can I say, the people want their cappuccinos :D

I just ask my neighbors what they want since I live with most of them. :P The others just get whatever I'm in the mood to send (they're not playing anymore anyways, but I still have to send lol).

Rachael98
06-13-11, 02:49 PM
Not sure exactly you are getting at the same point I was making.

If an item takes a player 16 hours to make and that is offered as a gift, some might send that item as a gift over the one that takes 1 minute to bake. Meaning they may send the item in the gifts list that would take the longest to make (not brownies).

I'm along the same lines as you. But I'm also including quantity.

cubbish
06-13-11, 03:09 PM
Personally, I always send cappuccino to neighbours, but I don't really mind what I receive back. I just accept the first 20 gifts I get regardless of what they are :)

bobbyrae
06-14-11, 11:07 AM
Personally, I always send cappuccino to neighbours, but I don't really mind what I receive back. I just accept the first 20 gifts I get regardless of what they are :)
Me too...it's free, no matter the value

driftboutique
06-14-11, 11:59 AM
The only gift that I never accept is valentine cupcakes. If it ain't February, I don't want em :D

trenae
06-14-11, 12:00 PM
The only gift that I never accept is valentine cupcakes. If it ain't February, I don't want em :D

I do because that's what my nephew sends to me. <3 :D

driftboutique
06-14-11, 12:06 PM
I do because that's what my nephew sends to me. <3 :D

Haha, aww. Well, if my nephew was sending them to me I'd accept them too :)

milkdribbly
06-16-11, 01:52 PM
I had a neighbor leave messages on my board over and over to "send cappuccinos only!" to them after I would send other things. I removed them from my neighbor list, they pissed me off so much. It is a *gift* and as such if they don't like it they can always quietly decline it, but don't come to my bakery and tell me how to play my game.

I have over 15,000 caps and hot chocolates stocked in my bakery strictly from gifts received. I don't mind but seriously, a little variety is ok folks.

xSnowyOwlx
06-16-11, 03:46 PM
I had a neighbor leave messages on my board over and over to "send cappuccinos only!" to them after I would send other things. I removed them from my neighbor list, they pissed me off so much. It is a *gift* and as such if they don't like it they can always quietly decline it, but don't come to my bakery and tell me how to play my game.

I have over 15,000 caps and hot chocolates stocked in my bakery strictly from gifts received. I don't mind but seriously, a little variety is ok folks.

Yes, that can be annoying. You don't have to accept a gift if you don't want it. I'm glad none of my neighbors ever ask me to send them a certain item or anything. I don't mind receiving all of them and I gift each in daily order and no, I'm not going to be gifting the materials unless someone ask me for them anymore because too many people don't want them or don't have the easy appliances.

KIALea
06-19-11, 03:40 PM
I honestly didn't think about the value of caps till I visited these forums....I also thought gifting was eating into my xp and id never go up levels!

Question...can you only receive 20 gives a day in total? I know you can't go over 20 at any one time but if you receive those in does that free up space to receive more gifts?

xSnowyOwlx
06-19-11, 05:22 PM
I think I figured out a way for people to get a bunch of gifts, but it would be annoying each time you enter the game.
What I think is that you have to accept a gift before it counts towards your totals and prevents others from gifting you once you've accepted 20. So, if you just leave that gifts received notification alone and can stand looking at that icon that say # gifts until it's gone over 20 and then accept them all, try seeing if you CAN accept them all. I think it will work because if I've been away I'll receive over 20 gifts and I can accept them all.

driftboutique
06-19-11, 05:27 PM
I think I figured out a way for people to get a bunch of gifts, but it would be annoying each time you enter the game.
What I think is that you have to accept a gift before it counts towards your totals and prevents others from gifting you once you've accepted 20. So, if you just leave that gifts received notification alone and can stand looking at that icon that say # gifts until it's gone over 20 and then accept them all, try seeing if you CAN accept them all. I think it will work because if I've been away I'll receive over 20 gifts and I can accept them all.

You can accept more than 20 gifts at once, but only 20 from one day. So if you've been away 3 days, you can accept up to 60 gifts. Not sure I'm explaining that as well as I could, haha...

xSnowyOwlx
06-19-11, 07:07 PM
I know that, I was just explaining if you don't accept the gifts you can probably wait and accept a bunch more the next day.