PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off with magic box!

cooreygirl
06-11-11, 01:14 AM
Thought I'd take a look at the magic box on Fashion Story to see if there was a clue as to what I would be getting if purchased but incorrectly thought touching it brought up an information window...Wrong! I got a notice telling me I had just spent 24 jewels on a coffee table that was awesome ...Wrong! Fair enough I was curious and shouldn't have touched the icon but my points are
:confused:Surely when your buying with real money it should be something really cool, not the smallest coffee table imaginable.
:confused:Surely it causes resentment and dissatisfaction having mystery purchases of differing values and appeal in the magic boxes rather than encouraging players to see what they could have. I won't be risking my own cash again, so customer lost now!
:confused:I now have a coffee table in green with magazines on which is smaller than any of the other furniture for the store so looks stupid sat in my inventory, probably until I decide to sell it, reminding me never to do it again!

On the plus side I'm really enjoying the game in-spite of the above:D
Has anyone else fallen into this trap??

xSnowyOwlx
06-11-11, 11:30 AM
I only ever spent gems to look in a magic box in Empire Story because Empire Story starts you off with over 50 gems and of course there is like nothing in that game that appeals to me to buy for gems and I got something cool which is a Trojan Horse but I'm certainly not going to be spending gems on a magic box unless I have a boat load of money.

shellybot
06-12-11, 12:16 AM
You are singing my tune. I was curious and lost gems for the same coffee table. Now I lost 25 gems on order tab! I tapped the tab by mistake. I wish game would ask for confirmation before the purchase went through. But it is unlikely TPTB will add this feature, when they can get people to buy more gems for real money.

kikboutique
06-14-11, 03:46 PM
Me too! I bought the magic box thinking it would be something awesome. Instead, I got a pair of shoes for my avatar! Why the heck do I need shoes for that for 24 gems! And when I emailed lava soft, they said they couldn't credit me. What a rip off... I mean, I paid for those gems!

Rachael98
06-14-11, 03:53 PM
Has anyone fallen into this trap?

Definately! You are not alone. So far I've been lucky. But most people have bought something by accident.

GroupMagma
06-14-11, 04:04 PM
Me too! I bought the magic box thinking it would be something awesome. Instead, I got a pair of shoes for my avatar! Why the heck do I need shoes for that for 24 gems! And when I emailed lava soft, they said they couldn't credit me. What a rip off... I mean, I paid for those gems!

Well, you wouldn't be able to return an item because you didn't like it. If that were the case, people would request refunds for every item until they got the Epic item.

Rachael98
06-14-11, 04:07 PM
Well, you wouldn't be able to return an item because you didn't like it. If that were the case, people would request refunds for every item until they got the Epic item.

All the same, accidental purchases (whether accidental or not can be done case-by-case, as per usual with Support) might want to be made refundable. Or at least partially. Or, even better, you could add in that much requested 'confirm' button for gem purchases:p

kikboutique
06-16-11, 03:45 PM
I'm just saying that it is a rip off to spend 24 gems on a pair of shoes for an avatar that doesn't have anything to do with playing the game. I would have been fine with getting something...ANYTHING... that could actually be used in my store....the credit wasn't the point of my post.

Rachael98
06-16-11, 04:07 PM
I'm just saying that it is a rip off to spend 24 gems on a pair of shoes for an avatar that doesn't have anything to do with playing the game. I would have been fine with getting something...ANYTHING... that could actually be used in my store....the credit wasn't the point of my post.

Many players regard decorating their avatar as one of the main features of the game, I believe.

xokay
06-17-11, 05:41 AM
This is exactly why this is the only game I won't buy magic boxes in. You never see your avatar, so it makes it completely pointless in my opinion to have items for it. Now, if your avatar was the cashier, it would be different. I bought one box before I realized a lot of the items were to decorate your avatar, and luckily got an item I could place in my shop that I'm happy with. Needless to say, I've spent my gems on items I definitely want, rather than leaving it up to chance.

talyon
06-17-11, 06:07 AM
If u all were to do the WORK, many have done the same thing, it's not going to change. Search thread on this subject it happened to most users. OH well! Remember your not the majority of people who can afford to buy Gems, because they want the odd items to make their habitats Unique. Sorry u got trapped. Not Gonna Change.

pinkster73
06-17-11, 07:53 AM
I too have accidentally purchased a box by tapping what looks like an "i" for information. What else could the letter "I" mean except information? Apparently "I" stands for purchase. :(

jn85
06-21-11, 03:58 PM
Now, if your avatar was the cashier, it would be different.

That's a good point about the avatar! I accidentally clicked on the Magic Box and got a fancy, but ugly fitting room. To make things worse, I tried to sell it to get some gems back and it just took it away and I got nothing at all in return.

Rachael98
06-21-11, 05:13 PM
I too have accidentally purchased a box by tapping what looks like an "i" for information. What else could the letter "I" mean except information? Apparently "I" stands for purchase. :(

I think that's a (deliberate?) glitch. If you don't have enough gems/coins-usually gems-then it give info. If you do, it takes the money away.

fsshlmsh
06-25-11, 07:01 AM
Actually, I wanted Rolita Display. I bought quite good amount if jewels and opened Magic Box. What I get were 3 cashers 3changing rooms, dresses, and so on. I was so disappointed. How could the team Lava make such program?? I already had coffee table and changing room. I wanted different thing. I think I will not buy Gems again.

kirby_C
03-21-12, 01:59 PM
I purchased the magic box.....then as usual it forced closed on me nt to mention it didn't even give me the option to wait/report/ect. So force close! I went back into the game (it took 25 gems from me)searched in every nook an crany in my boutique and of course in my design tab! NOTHING!! So pissed team lava better give me my 25 gems back or gift me!!

kooky panda
03-21-12, 02:12 PM
I purchased the magic box.....then as usual it forced closed on me nt to mention it didn't even give me the option to wait/report/ect. So force close! I went back into the game (it took 25 gems from me)searched in every nook an crany in my boutique and of course in my design tab! NOTHING!! So pissed team lava better give me my 25 gems back or gift me!!

You will need to email support@teamlava.com . give them your storm ID and the game. Tell them when this happened, they can check in your game to locate the item that came from the box.

rengirl1978
03-22-12, 07:04 AM
Yes, this has also happened to me. I just clicked the pop up out of interest, it was in FS about a magic box, and all of a sudden I had a big huge crystal as store decor that I had no use at all for. I did sell it and it gave me some coins back, but nothing even remotely near the equivlant of 24 gems!

Moldeen
03-23-12, 07:10 AM
I learned my lesson on the magic box... and even worse I accidently hit the buttom twice and wasted all of my gems on something I didn't even want. It should NOT be so easy to purchase twice in a row. I didn't like the first ugly couch I got, why would I want to purchase a second one?!?

kesxyslm83
03-25-12, 07:37 AM
Point blank, there should be a confirm option but on top of that, there should be better items available also

lady_n66
04-03-12, 05:40 PM
It always happens to me too! I have spent my gems on those boxes and got only shoes and acessories for my avatar! Im very dissapointed!

linp825
08-04-12, 05:44 PM
The boxes are a gamble. U never know what yr going to get. its always a surprise and u CAN end up with many repeat items even if things u already have or don't want. It is like gambling. Just the way it is ...take it or don't go there! it is hard tho sometimes I have MANY duplicate items but that's part of the fun when u get something u really wanted its great!! Good luck!! ; )

friskymust
08-04-12, 08:22 PM
guess what? FIFTY of my gems magically DISAPEERED today. I didn't buy anything! team lava games are a rip off and should be more caring of their customers.

kiraalex
08-10-12, 06:40 PM
Same here..bought the Groovy mystery box in error. I was curious as we'll (the mystery boxes DO have a small "i" in the bottom right corner, which I thought meant "info". Duh...lesson learned. All I got was a cheesy necklace for my Avatar AND it's So ugly I'll NEVER wear it. :-(

marrrina
08-10-12, 09:04 PM
I think it's pretty well known that when you buy a Magic Box item you're doing it at your own risk. There are lame prizes (and those you're more likely to get) and awesome rare prizes. There's a thread out there somewhere in which a master list of every box in various games is described in detail.

merryston
08-10-12, 09:11 PM
Same thing happened to me with Bakery Story - although I didn't mistakenly buy the coins using gems - it did it itself during one of its many "processing" bugs. Lost but not forgotten.

Kooky Panda - why has people to email?

mattyboo1
08-28-12, 04:43 PM
That magic box can be annoying in any game

cozytime
09-09-12, 01:26 PM
ME TOO!!! I didn't even know what I was clicking, just looking around and I lost 24 gems for a stupid item that costs only 15 gems in the regular catalog. This is just bad business in my opinion. I will continue to play the game, because I do enjoy it, but there is NO way I'll ever actually spend money for gems. I refuse to throw away real money if they are going to let it be SO easy to get something you don't want or even know what you're doing.

anketam
09-13-12, 07:42 AM
I had a better suggestion than a confirmation box that I gave on Monster Story. Add an option in the config settings that while checked disables all diamond purchases. In theory what would happen is you click the magic box, and a popup says 'Sorry you have diamond purchases disabled.' It would also fix the tap to manage issue people in Farm Story are frustrated over.

mattscorner
09-24-12, 05:53 PM
:( just fell into my first gem slot trap. came here to feel sorry for myself. i worked so hard to earn those over two months. i understand that a confirmation button would lose revenue from the impressionables...but, geez, couldn't a player who's been around for a while or reached a certain level be offered the courtesy due to loyalty? commence self-pity party...where's my wine to go with my whine? ooh, it's over there! please at least consider this compromise, t-to-the-l!

rowayyah
09-27-12, 11:56 PM
😭I did!!! I bought a groovy delivery box by mistake and all I got from it is a stupid, useless quad sofa!!😭

celerbrate
12-08-12, 04:44 AM
I actually like getting clothes from boxes for my avatar.i have got heaps of clothes from boxes for my avatar and I'm really happy

notmacys
09-05-13, 11:10 PM
The thing is the game maker could make LOTS of money if they understood the way to get customers to spend more...and more. I was going to by a chest until I came here and read what a rip off the are. Fact is, if you by a chest or magic box they should produce a prize daily until you get all that chest or box as to offer. If that's how it worked players would buy multiple chests or box's instead of none. The other feature we should have is the ability to purchase those prizes as individual items for 3 to 5 gems each. I have a neighbor who has a beautiful jewelry case I would love to have but didn't see it pictured as a prize from any of the chests but now that I read how so many players get some stupid little prize I would not have bothered anyway.

SharminsMagic8
01-24-14, 07:51 PM
Oh believe me, I've lost gems on it all. I've accidentally opened a chest after opening the game for the day and getting all of the pop ups and trying to clear them out. 24 gems (gem trap). On separate occasions, I've accidentally bought catalog slots. 49 gems each (gem trap). I have a total of 24 slots now. AND, most recently....lost 80 GEMS! when hitting the back scroll button to try to get back to the first catalog slot and change my order, somehow instead of "cancel this order and start a new one" pop up, the pop up that says "expand for 80 gems?" came up and I hit it. Of course I had just made it to 80 gems that day. Soooo very frustrating. Of course the answer was NO when I asked to try and reverse it. of course to get the answer no, do not post your question here on the forums. You must create a support ticket to get the answer NO.

andromedablack
01-29-14, 05:39 AM
I can't understand why people don't like to get avatar items from boxes or even don't want to spend gems for avatar items, this is half a dressing up game, not only decorating a boutique game. I opened some boxes with avatar items lately hoping to get one but didn't make it.:(

yolandatorres28
06-16-14, 04:03 PM
I bought a magic box and got nothing! !!
Thought I'd take a look at the magic box on Fashion Story to see if there was a clue as to what I would be getting if purchased but incorrectly thought touching it brought up an information window...Wrong! I got a notice telling me I had just spent 24 jewels on a coffee table that was awesome ...Wrong! Fair enough I was curious and shouldn't have touched the icon but my points are
:confused:Surely when your buying with real money it should be something really cool, not the smallest coffee table imaginable.
:confused:Surely it causes resentment and dissatisfaction having mystery purchases of differing values and appeal in the magic boxes rather than encouraging players to see what they could have. I won't be risking my own cash again, so customer lost now!
:confused:I now have a coffee table in green with magazines on which is smaller than any of the other furniture for the store so looks stupid sat in my inventory, probably until I decide to sell it, reminding me never to do it again!

On the plus side I'm really enjoying the game in-spite of the above:D
Has anyone else fallen into this trap??

yolandatorres28
06-16-14, 04:17 PM
There's a person on fashion story and other games too. That does not participate in playing the game. You can not delete this person or write on his/ her wall. This person does not tip or leave gifts. Stormies shop. Very unfair player. U relay on tips and gifts to expand and this player is a *****. I cant delete him/her so I just stop visiting. He/ her is a o level. We like our neighbors to b a 3 or 4 . Beware of this because he/ she will only take your tips.

kooky panda
06-16-14, 04:38 PM
I bought a magic box and got nothing! !!

You can send an email to support@teamlava.com and an agent can tell you what you received from the box.

There's a person on fashion story and other games too. That does not participate in playing the game. You can not delete this person or write on his/ her wall. This person does not tip or leave gifts. Stormies shop. Very unfair player. U relay on tips and gifts to expand and this player is a *****. I cant delete him/her so I just stop visiting. He/ her is a o level. We like our neighbors to b a 3 or 4 . Beware of this because he/ she will only take your tips.

Stormie is a computer generated neighbor. He cannot be deleted.

Meet your new neighbor, Stormie! (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?32775-Meet-your-new-neighbor-Stormie!&highlight=meet+stormie)

Closing this thread since it is an older thread and now gone off topic.