PDA

View Full Version : Latest Update...complaints (sorry)

DoubleZ
06-11-11, 01:04 AM
I was having problems getting this update to download, but apparently it took, because some things on my farm have changed. Since I don't know what bugs were fixed, I can offer no positive feedback yet. I promise to post when I do find the improvements.

Thus far, I've noticed 2 changes:
1. The look of the mission icons and a new flashing "NEW" icon.
2. MUCH larger bouncing stars when I water other farms.

Regarding the missions: I have 2 right now - Corn-A-Copia and Cucumber Salad. Prior to the update, I'd completed 2 of the 3 tasks on Corn-A-Copia and 1 of the 2 tasks on Cumcumber Salad. Now, it shows I've not completed any of the tasks! I'll never complete Corn-A-Copia because I refuse to spend hard earned gems on fertilizer I don't need, so not really worried about that one. However, on Cucumber Salad, now I have to replant and harvest more Lemon Cumcumber, a crop that I've long mastered and never had any intentions of planting again. Very frustrating! Also, the flashing "NEW" icon goes away when I open the mission box, but every time I leave my farm and return, it reappears without fail. So each time I return, I have to reopen the mission boxes each time to get that very annoying flashing to go away! Ugh!! Please make it stop. I got the message the very first time they flashed.

Regarding the bouncing stars: I've yet to figure out the purpose of these bouncing stars, but have learned to tolerate and work around their presence. This is going to be almost impossible to do now. As if the stars weren't annoying enough before, now they're twice the size they were, Completely blocking the view of crops that I may want to water but now can't see! Why was the size increased?? Double ugh!!

Sigh...when will I learn. Apparently, it does take whacking me on the head with a 2x4 for me to learn a lesson. I should've learned my lesson with the last major update a few months ago.

DoubleZ
06-11-11, 09:47 AM
The flashing "NEW" sign stopped! Yay!! If TL did this, THANK YOU!!

DoubleZ
06-12-11, 12:49 AM
Well, the flashing "NEW" icon that appears next to the quests was apparently a one-day only fix, because it came back right after reset and is doing the exact same thing. This also happens when I open my inventory and come back.

jovenal
06-12-11, 01:36 PM
The flashing "NEW" comes and goes for me. Tap on the quest and it disappears. I've never had that bouncing star...ever. The -1 water and +1 star still floats up for me every tap (good thing since I have to deal with that with other Story games). I have other issues with this recent update.

Farm Story V1.7.6, iOS4.3.3, iPhone4

talyon
06-12-11, 02:27 PM
I don't get bouncing stars either while I'm watering my neighbors. Hope I never do, just wouldn't work in farm as it's ok in Zoo and Fashion.

lesleypsg1
06-12-11, 03:20 PM
and STILL no quests feature on my farm...all software and ver. Up to date. (iPad)

Rachael98
06-12-11, 03:23 PM
and STILL no quests feature on my farm...all software and ver. Up to date. (iPad)

VALENTINE'S Day version DOESN'T get the updates I don't think.

Rachael98
06-12-11, 03:23 PM
I don't get bouncing stars either while I'm watering my neighbors. Hope I never do, just wouldn't work in farm as it's ok in Zoo and Fashion.

Same here...very glad.

lesleypsg1
06-12-11, 03:35 PM
VALENTINE'S Day version DOESN'T get the updates I don't think.

Not on valentine version. On ORIGINAL, with recent update from app store even. Never had quest on my farm. They wre told, they've never fixed.

I don't play any valentine versions.

Rachael98
06-12-11, 03:36 PM
Not on valentine version. On ORIGINAL, with recent update from app store even. Never had quest on my farm. They wre told, they've never fixed.

I don't play any valentine versions.

I don't play VD Editions either. There's no point. But you're not really missing out on that much:p

jovenal
06-12-11, 03:43 PM
Agreed! reward for doing the quest is not worth it. Who in the right mind would spend gems(fertilize, speed up) to only get coin and xp?