PDA

View Full Version : Gems

David911mx
09-04-10, 07:15 PM
Can you only buy gems with money, or can you earn gems with you points?

Unregistered
09-04-10, 08:55 PM
Okay, I must resist my urge to say something mean because you may be new. If you have original farm story, when you go to select a crop you will see four leaves and a progress bar. The bar will fill as you plant and harvest each crop. Once you get two leaves for a crop, you will receive a gem. I suggest starting with raspberries and straw berries. Also, very occasionally, when you open farm story, you wil get a pop-up window that will ask you to download a certain free app. This will also give you gems. Just remember, you don't need gems. You can get cool stuff with them, but they are not necessary.

Unregistered
09-10-10, 11:30 PM
Okay, I must resist my urge to say something mean because you may be new. If you have original farm story, when you go to select a crop you will see four leaves and a progress bar. The bar will fill as you plant and harvest each crop. Once you get two leaves for a crop, you will receive a gem. I suggest starting with raspberries and straw berries. Also, very occasionally, when you open farm story, you wil get a pop-up window that will ask you to download a certain free app. This will also give you gems. Just remember, you don't need gems. You can get cool stuff with them, but they are not necessary.

I dont see t he four leave progress bar? where am I looking? How much harvesting should I be doing to get gems?

Unregistered
09-11-10, 02:55 PM
I dont see t he four leave progress bar? where am I looking? How much harvesting should I be doing to get gems?

Leaves show above each crop in the store. I read in another post that they start showing up after you reach level 8.

Unregistered
09-13-10, 09:36 PM
I don't have any leaves above any of my crops and I have stopped getting requests to download free apps to get gems. What can I do to get more or to see the "leaves"?

deadpix
09-13-10, 10:20 PM
Leaves show above each crop in the store. I read in another post that they start showing up after you reach level 8.

They should show up immediately at level 1; this is assuming you have the right and latest version of Farm Story.

deadpix
09-13-10, 10:30 PM
I don't have any leaves above any of my crops and I have stopped getting requests to download free apps to get gems. What can I do to get more or to see the "leaves"?

Do you have the right version of Farm Story? You should be playing the version called "Farm Story", not "Farm Story Summer", not "Farm Story Flowers", not "Farm Story Snap", just plain "Farm Story"; this is the latest most updated version.

Telynau
09-14-10, 05:47 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?1253-Farm-Story-1.6-Crop-Mastery

According to Norman's linkie above, it is LVL 8 where the Mastery Leaves appear.  DeadPixel is spot-on otherwise. Plant crops. Earn Gems.

From what I've found, at the second Leaf, we earn a Gem. That's pretty good!

Unregistered
09-17-10, 01:25 AM
I receive 2 leaves all the time, but never got a gem (apart from the free apps).

Unregistered
09-20-10, 08:34 AM
I would like to be able to either trade some of my gifts in or widen the selection. I have 30 dog bowls and no dog. Also the items should be able to be rotated freely. I wanted to put two chairs across from each other and can't. Still love the game and I still keep on playing. What is the latest version of Farm Story?

Unregistered
09-20-10, 08:36 AM
How do you insert icons when posting to someone's wall?

Unregistered
09-21-10, 06:58 AM
I would like to be able to either trade some of my gifts in or widen the selection. I have 30 dog bowls and no dog. Also the items should be able to be rotated freely. I wanted to put two chairs across from each other and can't. Still love the game and I still keep on playing. What is the latest version of Farm Story?

The great thing about gifts/gifting is that if you can't use them, you can keep them in inventory until you can use them or, if you wish, cash them in. Dog bowls are perfect for this because they are tiny and since you have to place on empty land to sell them, it is easier with small items if you have ltd empty land. Also, dog bowls generate 400 coins, a lot for not having to buy it yourselfThat's why I almost always gift dog bowls and prefer to receive them. Have fun

Unregistered
09-21-10, 08:34 PM
dog bowls are worth more, if sold, than anything else. sell them to buy what you want!

Unregistered
10-01-10, 02:03 AM
U should sell your dog bowl as u get 400 coins!! It's beta dat way dan hav it sit there!!

lkl1776
04-15-12, 12:31 AM
How much crop do you need to get the leaves?

WendingWanderer
04-15-12, 09:05 AM
How much crop do you need to get the leaves?

The leaves mark levels of Mastery.
Level one requires planting and harvesting 167 squares. This is 7% of the total level 4 mastery. When you master level one, you get one leaf on your crop bar, $2,000 coins, and 20 XP points (which are what get you to higher levels of the game, open new crops, and eventually let you buy more land.) If you mono-crop a 10X10 plot of land, that will take you 1 1/2 plantings.

Level two requires planting and harvesting 500 squares. This is 20% of level 4 mastery. When you master level two, you get 1 gem and 50 XP.

Level three requires planting and harvesting 1,167 squares. This is 47% of level 4 mastery. When you master level three, you get $4000 and 100 XP.

Level four requires planting and harvesting 2,500 squares. 100% mastery. When you master level four, you get a second gem, 200 XP, and a female garden gnome. If you were mono-croping a 10X10 piece of land, this would require 25 full plantings. With a 24X24 piece of land (the largest available), this would require 4 1/3 full plantings.

If someone waters your plants, each water droplet (one per square) will give you an extra $20 and 2 extra XP. The more you water other people's crops, the more they water yours. You can not water your own crops.

WendingWanderer
04-15-12, 09:49 AM
There are two types of leaves. There are leaves that appear as you plant - these indicate that you are working towards mastery and are not the leaves we are discussing.

The mastery leaves are on the bar above the crop in the store. When you open the store to purchase the crop you are about to plant, there should be a bar with 4 leaves above the crop. The leaves are dim. Each leaf brightens as you earn that level of mastery. Thus, if you have 2 bright leaves, 2 dull leaves, and the bar is bright for about 1/3 of it's length, you have level 2 mastery and are about 1/3 of the way from level 2 to level 3 mastery.