PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE remove the flashing "NEW"

MissCeara
06-10-11, 04:50 PM
Come on now. :(

The new versions of RS and FS are a real pain because of that flashing "NEW" indicator beside the quests. A lot of us use iPhones or iPods, so our screen real estate is extremely limited.

These quests are optional enhancements, not requirements. I, for one, don't care to partake in them because quests/tasks just are not something that is fun for me. (I played enough years of Everquest to have had my fill, lol.) We shouldn't all be forced to open up the quest screens every time we load the game or come back from visiting neighbors just to remove those enormous distracting flashing letters.

We know that the quests are there. Those who want to do them will. But it's a real gameplay hamper to have to contend with those every time you go home to your site.

Rachael98
06-10-11, 04:55 PM
On BS there's just the flashing "NEW!". On my device certainly, there aren't any pictures! But it brings up the first mission if you tap roughly where it should be. And what a surprise it costs gems! But seriously TL, put a picture there!

iPod Touch, 4G, BS v.1.2.1. Latest iOS (whatever that is...lost count:p).

GroupMagma
06-10-11, 04:57 PM
Enough Everquest would certainly sate one's Questing needs for a lifetime.

I'll let our dev team know about this issue. Thanks!

MissCeara
06-11-11, 06:03 AM
LOL GM. From May 1999 until December of 2010. :) And I may return soon.

Thank you for passing it on!

Rachael98
06-11-11, 06:24 AM
LOL GM. From May 1999 until December of 2010. :) And I may return soon.

Thank you for passing it on!

Eek! And I think the "NEW" is still there, but the picture has been added.

Just another update issue though (on BS, don't know about the others):

When you get a notice saying

Oh darn!
BakeryStory is an online game and requires Internet access...I'll try again,

When you click "Try again", wherever you were viewing before losing connection turns completely green. The way to get around this is just to visit another place then go back, but you may wish to fix it.

seastripes
06-11-11, 02:05 PM
Ooh the never ending repeated quests that we've done a long long time ago :$
GM, can we please delete this quests for long time player? I already have 10 white oven why should I buy another one???

cakeandpie
06-11-11, 04:23 PM
Yes, I agree with sea******s--can we PLEASE have a way to turn off quests? I do not need, or want, the things it asks me to buy (many of which I already have) and I'm not spending gems, so my quests will sit there forever.

Rachael98
06-11-11, 05:04 PM
Yes, I think the quests are directed at new players. I just ignore them, but I suppose a way to turn them off in Settings might be favourable.

lesleypsg1
06-11-11, 05:13 PM
Never even got quests in farm lol. And I'm idevice on current o.s. And updated farm ver. Talk about a spastic server. But ya, that flashing quest thing is annoying. I'm not bothering with them in other games because I'd already max'd appliances, had my decorations and tables, etc., mastered all cooking items BEFORE quests were even introduced. So they added nothing but waste of screen space to game play. The flashing is really rather annoying too.

I vote do away with quests. If they don't do that, then please stop the flashing

Rachael98
06-11-11, 05:57 PM
Never even got quests in farm lol. And I'm idevice on current o.s. And updated farm ver. Talk about a spastic server. But ya, that flashing quest thing is annoying. I'm not bothering with them in other games because I'd already max'd appliances, had my decorations and tables, etc., mastered all cooking items BEFORE quests were even introduced. So they added nothing but waste of screen space to game play. The flashing is really rather annoying too.

I vote do away with quests. If they don't do that, then please stop the flashing

Are you sure that if you tap where the "NEW" is pointing to, the screen doesn't flash and bring up the quests? That's what happened on BS.

SlentNavo
06-15-11, 09:53 AM
I second/third/fourple the request to turn quests off. Even when I try to get rid of them by actually *doing* them, often the quest counters get reset and go back to zero. I've baked 6 batches of brownies three times now (no big deal, really, at level 47!), finished off a couple days' worth of lattes, baked strawberry cheesecakes up the wazoo, and the counters for those keep getting zeroed out. Besides which, these are really elementary things at this level--why should my limited screen real estate be burdened by having these show? And, yes, the NEW flags keep flashing every so often, taking up even more space. I vote to be able to turn off quests. Oh, a new one came up this morning: buy a daily menu! Like I need another one?!? I only use it to shut the door when I want to keep the riff-raff out :D