PDA

View Full Version : I want the count-down city cash sale OFF my screen!

xSnowyOwlx
06-10-11, 03:37 PM
I almost spent $40 on city cash because I entered the app, tapped okay on the announcement of the new weekly update and was just ready to tap on the factory that was finished with the order and boom!
Right as my finger hits the screen that popped up and of course the button for the $40 purchase was right there above the factory.
Thank God for the confirmation popup! If that hadn't popped up you would have stolen $40 that I don't have in my account. Yes, Apple would have taken that and when my card got declined I'd have to wait until my next check to pay it.
I hate the stupid count-down timer! There is no reason for it and you need to remove it NOW!!!!!!!!

jovenal
06-12-11, 04:07 PM
I almost spent $40 on city cash because I entered the app, tapped okay on the announcement of the new weekly update and was just ready to tap on the factory that was finished with the order and boom!
Right as my finger hits the screen that popped up and of course the button for the $40 purchase was right there above the factory.
Thank God for the confirmation popup! If that hadn't popped up you would have stolen $40 that I don't have in my account. Yes, Apple would have taken that and when my card got declined I'd have to wait until my next check to pay it.
I hate the stupid count-down timer! There is no reason for it and you need to remove it NOW!!!!!!!!

I don't think they'll remove that counter but you can protect yourself buy turning off the In-App Purchase to avoid accidental purchases.

HRH_Mia
06-26-11, 12:05 AM
Yeah, that countdown is annoying. Just when you think it's over, they start over!

IAmTired
06-26-11, 10:13 AM
If the everlasting gem-sales are not a bug there are two possible scenarios:
- TeamLava is spamming it's own users, not the best way to treat your customers...
- They are actually hoping you buy gems by accident, which technically is theft.

You can turn of in-app purchases but:
- The games sometimes hang after accidentally clicking the popup, so you have to force-close them
- I don't think that making people turn off in-app purchases, in a business-model that depends on them, is a very smart move.

If the everlasting popup is there on purpose can't you think of a better way to sell more gems? How about only being able to expand to a certain size unless you pay. Or more attractive purchase-only objects like farm-equipment (manual labour for 'free' players, machines for those that pay to play), or multiple sales-people in your bakery / restaurant so you can work faster, produce more, expand faster?

Those are just a few ideas, I'm sure the TeamLava team can come up with better ideas by just sitting down and thinking about it for a while.

The popup is a deal-breaker for me, everytime I see it I feel like I'm being tricked into buying something I don't want. Can we get some feedback on this issue? If it's a bug, just let us know you are working on it. Otherwise how about you ask your players what they would be willing to pay for, instead of trying to rob them?

xokay
06-26-11, 11:14 AM
Even with in-app purchases turned off, it's still intrusive and annoying ;/

xSnowyOwlx
06-26-11, 12:28 PM
@IAmTired, I don't want to turn off in-app purchases because I do in fact make in-app purchases but I am sick and tired of that countdown.
I guess the sales are like their little energizer bunny: it keeps going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going....

jovenal
06-26-11, 12:53 PM
@IAmTired, I don't want to turn off in-app purchases because I do in fact make in-app purchases but I am sick and tired of that countdown.
I guess the sales are like their little energizer bunny: it keeps going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going and going....

Then you just have to be careful where you tap! I don't believe TL will take this intrusive "feature". They need to make a living. It's a free game WITHOUT an ads running. Customers are demanding a weekly update. Coding those weekly updates takes manpower and money, and without real fixed source of income, they have to resort to the everlasting gem sales.

xSnowyOwlx
06-26-11, 03:19 PM
Then you just have to be careful where you tap! I don't believe TL will take this intrusive "feature". They need to make a living. It's a free game WITHOUT an ads running. Customers are demanding a weekly update. Coding those weekly updates takes manpower and money, and without real fixed source of income, they have to resort to the everlasting gem sales.

Maybe I should explain this more slowly. I am referring solely to when the countdown timer appears after I've pressed my finger to the screen. This doesn't mean I have a choice where I tap. I don't knowingly tap on either of the 3 BUY buttons, they just appear as my finger is touching the screen.
Oh, and I am well aware that they need to make a living. Does that mean they have to ruin my experience with this game? I love that you mentioned "WITHOUT an ads running" because guess what? A sale countdown timer is an ad. No, it's not like other free apps that have ads but it's worse in my opinion. This has never happened until June for me. They used to have a sale and all they needed was that sale tag hanging down from the city cash box but now they have to keep giving out sales and making the countdown timer their little Energizer Bunny from Hell.
I'm curious as to when their sales will end because until then the games are making me more frustrated then entertained. Don't advise me to stop playing, either because that's not my fault that they won't stop the sale countdown timer and that shouldn't mean I have to stop playing in order to get away from it.

IAmTired
06-26-11, 11:43 PM
They need to make a living. It's a free game WITHOUT an ads running. Customers are demanding a weekly update. Coding those weekly updates takes manpower and money, and without real fixed source of income, they have to resort to the everlasting gem sales.
So do robbers and thieves but it's still frowned upon to try to take someone else's money without their consent ;-)

Personally I would rather see outside adds in the game than an inside add that pops up out of nowhere (it is quite random) and takes your money if you accidentally double-tap, and were logged into the app-store 15 minutes ago.

There are a million ways to promote the gem-sales without sneaking a button under your finger. And there are other, smarter ways to get people to buy gems like 'real enhancements' (not just a cute picture) you can't get without gems.

Everybody understands TeamLava needs to make money but that can't be used as an excuse to run an everlasting popup that can take real money out of your account if you are not careful enough. It's supposed to be a game, not a dark alley in a bad neighbourhood...

FlameyHawk
06-27-11, 08:25 PM
I am glad you didn't purchase $40 worth of gems!
Hopefully this gets fixed within the next few months before someone sues Norman for Theft which is not technically Norman's fault.
Then we would never get updates XD

jovenal
06-27-11, 08:55 PM
Maybe I should explain this more slowly. I am referring solely to when the countdown timer appears after I've pressed my finger to the screen. This doesn't mean I have a choice where I tap. I don't knowingly tap on either of the 3 BUY buttons, they just appear as my finger is touching the screen.
I'm curious as to when their sales will end because until then the games are making me more frustrated then entertained. Don't advise me to stop playing, either because that's not my fault that they won't stop the sale countdown timer and that shouldn't mean I have to stop playing in order to get away from it.

Then you have dilemma on your hand. The game is making you frustrated because of the pop up and it doesn't look like TL will cease the promotion anytime soon.

How often do you see these pop up sale come up on your screen? I get the pop up 3 or 4 times a day. Once when I first open the app in the morning and then maybe 2 or 3 more times the rest of the day depending my 3G signal. Plus, I've already figured out when that pop up will come up. maybe your situation is quite different from mine.

IAmTired
06-29-11, 12:33 AM
Would it be possible to get TeamLava's take on this? The everlasting popup might just be a bug but I don't know because there are no comments on this subject.

If it's a bug I'll just wait until it's fixed but if it's here to stay I would much rather hear this and just quit.

xokay
06-29-11, 06:20 AM
Then you have dilemma on your hand. The game is making you frustrated because of the pop up and it doesn't look like TL will cease the promotion anytime soon.

How often do you see these pop up sale come up on your screen? I get the pop up 3 or 4 times a day. Once when I first open the app in the morning and then maybe 2 or 3 more times the rest of the day depending my 3G signal. Plus, I've already figured out when that pop up will come up. maybe your situation is quite different from mine.

I get them EVERY time I open the game, which means I can understand everyone's frustration. Luckily, I have in-app purchases disabled until I want to buy something, then swiftly turn it back off, or else I'd have accidentally racked up $100's of dollars on my Mastercard. Is there even a confirm button for those who have in-app purchases turned on?

jovenal
06-29-11, 11:25 PM
I get them EVERY time I open the game, which means I can understand everyone's frustration. Luckily, I have in-app purchases disabled until I want to buy something, then swiftly turn it back off, or else I'd have accidentally racked up $100's of dollars on my Mastercard. Is there even a confirm button for those who have in-app purchases turned on?

if you're using iOS4, you can leave the game running on the background and when you return, you won't see the promo pop up. Any in-app purchase will prompt you to confirm.