PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning & Gifts Tip

Unregistered
09-04-10, 09:24 AM
Hi,

i like to clean my neighbours city's but was getting confused on who id max'd already. spent half me time that im able to log in going to peeps id already done :(

so i thought theres gotta be away of keeping track of who i not max'd yet. then it stuck me that i wasnt using the gift feature correctly as that keeps a track. so for a day i didnt send any gifts so the next day when cleaning refreshed approx 9.00am uk time i had a full board.

being doing it for a few day now and seams to work quite well.

when i have max'd a person i will sent a gift, if i can only do a few i will not send it and i will pop back laters. even if the person has had all there gifts for the day it reads that gift is sent and hence no cleaning is required.

the game could do with a proper cleaning flag but in the mean time it makes for a good stop gap.

name: Hemp City
id: zealot

Lancerock
09-06-10, 04:11 PM
Yeah i'd like to see an easier way to see who I,ve cleaned in the Social menu, so I don't miss any of my neighbors

Unregistered
09-12-10, 02:28 PM
When sending gifts it would be nice to have a 'select all' or send to all feature instead of the current clicking on each and every neighbour before clicking on send. I have over 500 neighbours and it is quite tedious.

Unregistered
09-14-10, 08:18 AM
Question about gifts ..... Do I have to pay for gifts or the are given to my neighbors for free, without to cut my coins?

Pancakes
09-14-10, 09:28 AM
Gifts are free, they don't cost you any coins. =]

I definitely agree on the 'select all', that would be a great feature to have. I try to/want to gift everyone daily, but it's 'horrible' to gift nearly 900 neighbours every day, when you can only click max. 2 at the same time.

addicted2
09-14-10, 06:25 PM
I was quite amazed to read that one player has over 900 nbrs, I've got approximately 100 and I find that a 24 hour ordeal, I don't think there are enough hours in the day if I had that many. I do agree some form of counting meter would save a Lot of time, I personally go thro my nbrs and write down the ones I was unable to wash and I normally end up with a small list of about 20/25 and use that list and so on and so on. I do however keep an eye open for any nbr that seems not interested or has only a small city and delete them, I don't mean to be nasty but going back several times to a city with only 7/8 houses grieves me.

Pancakes
09-15-10, 08:06 AM
Cleaning nearly 900 neigbours is impossible to do. It would take ages. I don't clean every single one of my neighbours. I basically only clean back the people that cleaned me first, which are quite alot + several names/people who I talk to frequently & happen to remember at that moment. When it comes to the rest - I gift everyone daily, so they'll atleast get something. Even just gifting takes quite some time. :o And indeed, every once in a while I delete a few people that seem innactive or something.

Unregistered
09-15-10, 09:16 AM
Why would you need more than enough neighbors than that which will get you to your next expansion? I have 30+ that I can recognize if they have made significant changes to their city. I visit and clean lots of other cities to see what they look like and to get ideas. I'm wondering if you all with lots of neighbors are the ones whose cities never have anyplace to clean? Unless you have a beautiful city generally a waste of my time!

Pancakes
09-15-10, 10:11 AM
You have -/+ 30, and someone else might have 100/500/1000+/you name it, no need to explain why... it's just up to you to decide how many you want. No reason needed. My city has things to clean most of the time (unless it's in the middle of the night or something/no time). I usually collect all the sparkles a few times a day/when I have time. The ones who never have anyplace to clean, either have a small city or are inactive, it doesn't really have much to do with the amount of neighbours... what'd you mean by 'Unless you have a beautiful city generally a waste of my time!'? =o

Unregistered
09-15-10, 11:25 AM
Cleaning nearly 900 neigbours is impossible to do. It would take ages. I don't clean every single one of my neighbours. I basically only clean back the people that cleaned me first, which are quite alot + several names/people who I talk to frequently & happen to remember at that moment. When it comes to the rest - I gift everyone daily, so they'll atleast get something. Even just gifting takes quite some time. :o And indeed, every once in a while I delete a few people that seem innactive or something.

People invite me and I accept and gift them. I keep between 700-800. Every couple of weeks I go through and delete the "O" Stars.

I gift all of my neighbors 6 days out of the week. A SELECT ALL button would be Primo!

Sometimes it takes several days, but I visit and attempt to clean everyone who leaves me a message. I generally don't leave a message when I clean, but I have a large number of faithful and new cleaners because they know I will get to them.

No need to get uptight and ****..."Enjoy the game and it will enjoy you." - Dudley Spud of AHH Spudtopia

Unregistered
09-15-10, 12:49 PM
Yup, same here... I accept & gift, and I go through my neighbour list every once in a while and delete the 0-1 star cities + I try to get back at everyone who leaves a message (and whoever is in the 'recent activity list' at that moment) asap. And indeed, there's a large group of people who drop by often/daily & know I'll get back to them. =]

Were you calling me 'uptight and ****' or was it just a random comment? o.o'

~Pancakes

Unregistered
09-15-10, 04:36 PM
I wasn't trying to be critical, I seriously wanted to know the point of that many neighbors. Just seems like a lot of work!

Unregistered
09-18-10, 01:47 AM
I try my best to keep stars up and water neighbors frequently, but I do have a fulltime job. Couldn't figure out why neighbors were disappearing. Now I know why. I wish I could play games all day, but I'm stuck in adulthood with no inheritance.

Unregistered
09-18-10, 02:31 AM
I'd rather have neighbours move to the end of my list
when they've been fully cleaned (or have nothing to clean).