PDA

View Full Version : gifting building materials--why?

cakeandpie
06-10-11, 08:35 AM
Can someone please explain to me why one should gift or accept gifts of building materials? Neighbors are sending me building materials I didn't ask for that I don't need. I am building an easy grill, and for that, I specifically asked for what I needed for that to be built. From what I can tell, if neighbors send you the materials you specifically request, when you tap to manage your easy appliance, it just shows that your total building materials are higher, but it doesn't say who sent them and when. I have accepted some of the building materials my neighbors sent as gifts just in case I needed them for something later. Even though I get a message saying I can find them under "my gifts," the building materials NEVER appear there. So even when I do accept them, I don't actually get them.

And why would neighbors bother to gift random building materials that you haven't asked for? Am I correct in understanding that you can BOTH gift AND fulfill a materials request to a neighbor in the same day? It certainly seems that way. So why would you gift building supplies when you can gift food AND give them the building supplies they specifically asked for?

Color me confused about this.

greygull
06-10-11, 09:11 AM
As far as receiving the parts, they don't show up under my gifts (don't know why it says that). They are stored until you start building the appliance they work on. Once you start a different one, you will see them there. You can always ask them to send food, or just decline the gift. You can do gifts and requests in the same day. I have a few neighbors who are building several at once, and have asked for just parts as gifts to complete them faster. In return, they ask which we would prefer as a gift. I've noticed some people jump on anything new, and seem to assume everyone does the same. I accept all parts, and some foods, but I always tip anyone who sends me a gift. Hope this helps!

parallex
06-12-11, 01:08 PM
I think it would be neat/creative for users to be able to gift the unused materials/building supplies to our neighbors.

Playing: Zoo Story
Currently if you want to view Storage, you have to use Design -> Storage .. I think we should have a "My Storage" button on the "Main Menu" page it would really help the users :)

Thanks! Fun games!