PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with some players?

Farm and city player
09-04-10, 06:53 AM
I have been playing fs and city and following the forum. What I'm noticing are a lot of rude and demanding comments. Not feedback. Feedback is suggestions, constructive comments. Designed to let programmers know kinks or wishes. Not a bunch of whiney sucky babies dissing a program because it's not full of ****ing things, stealing things, beating or getting ahead of other players.

Also, what part of is it's a free game aren't these ppl getting? Then whining because there are things that cost in app so that the programmers can make a little money from those willing to pay a little something. Do any of you that whine have any concept how much it costs to keep and maintain servers required for these types of games. As well as the time the programers put into this. What? They should do all this for free? How come I think most of these rude and selfish suggestions are coming from kids who are locked out of paying with mommy or daddies credit card info? And are jealous of other ppl who have stuff they don't. There is that competiveness coming into play.
Grow up. It's not always about you, it's not always about being better than some one else, and not everything in life is free.

Try being polite with your suggestions if they really would enhance the games....for everyone, not just you. Maybe take a moment to slow down and just enjoy the games for what they are.

One more thing, if you're looking for neighbours, try using "please" to "add me" because otherwise it reads like a demand, and I don't know about others, but I delete all demands.

To the programmers: thank you for two games to relax by. If I may, could we please have a hospital? Also, i think city could use more levels now as I think many players have reached the highest expansion. Lastly, can we have the ability for polls on the forum, especially in regards as to helping prioritize what enhancements players would like to see next. Keep up the great work, and thanks again.

Unregistered
09-04-10, 09:58 AM
I could not have said it better. There are some really selfish, rude and disrespectful people out there. Please be kind & grateful to TeamLave.

Unregistered
09-04-10, 10:35 AM
I totally agree

carolinebr
09-04-10, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the great game that has sucked in the OCD people like me full force!!  I would like to throw out a couple of suggestions that I think would be fun options: a transportation aspect (i.e. airport, train track and station, buses and station with the buses already attached to a piece of road, taxis, school buses); 360 degree rotation of properties at 90 degree intervals; a gourmet restaurant; a market or grocery store; ability to trade in inventory for coins; ability to trade in coins for gems; a post office; a university; a bridge; a hospital. Thanks for your time!!

addicted2
09-17-10, 11:29 AM
I also totally agree with everything that's been said. I'm 54 yrs old and this is my first game of this type, I play it on my iPad which is a perfect size and I'm loving the the experience, all the comments made regarding extras are right on track, expansion being what I would like to see.

If anyone knows of any similar games ( not Farm ) I would be very interested,

Thanks Peter

Unregistered
09-17-10, 01:00 PM
i have also been playing for awhile and reading the forum. i'm not a little kid i'm a grown man. but my biggest complaint about teamlava is they don't listen to sugestions so it does get frustrating. iv'e seen people ask for something as little as a cat and what does teamlava do they put out more dogs. iv'e read some really good sugestions and they just don't listen to them and now they are doing the same thing in city story. and if people want to be stupid and keep supporting teamlava then to each is own. i like playing but i won't spend another dime (my choice) and i bet if more people stopped spending money you watch how fast teamlava starts listening.

Unregistered
09-17-10, 02:02 PM
If there was no forum and access to the developers, I am sure that everyone would accept the game "as is" - much like we do with most software we buy. But as they have created a forum asking for suggestions and feedback, then at least they should be responding to the comments in forums.

The game is fun and addictive, and many just want to make it flow better. For me, 20 levels of creativity and solid enjoyment then 55 levels of boringness. I keep playing in anticipation that Teamlava will keep expanding the game, will listen to the feedback, and will make this the game of choice for those who like this type of game.. An alternative game has been mentioned - We Rule, well after 100 attempts getting Server overload, considered it a poor alternative. City Story is fast, always available, and if you are reading Developers, I have spent lots of money on this game up to level 20 but nothing since ... But I want to .... You are ****ing your own profits and alienating your fan base.

x8xOneWingedAngelx8x
09-17-10, 02:55 PM
Yeah, also those people who just get to your city and say cyc, COME ON!!! I read the News Feed xD, I know who cleaned, the Wall is to leave suggestions, compliments, friend request, anyone knows migual, AlaskaVille, Fishers Island or Danbridge♥? Those are real neighbors :D

Unregistered
09-17-10, 06:26 PM
Yeah, also those people who just get to your city and say cyc, COME ON!!! I read the News Feed xD, I know who cleaned, the Wall is to leave suggestions, compliments, friend request, anyone knows migual, AlaskaVille, Fishers Island or Danbridge♥? Those are real neighbors :D

Actually the news feeds only keep a few names then they drop off. That's why ppl write cyc. The whole pt of the thread was talking about how rude some ppl are when commenting to the development team. They're not providing positive input like suggestions but are arrogant, rude and childish. If they don't get a personalized response it seems they sulk, because it's all about them. A simple cyc to let someone know they were there I don't think is wrong as some ppl don't check the feed. I rather wish everyone left a simple note. I'm not really into cyber friendships so keep my own interactions to the point.

Lia
09-17-10, 08:51 PM
Actually the news feeds only keep a few names then they drop off. That's why ppl write cyc. The whole pt of the thread was talking about how rude some ppl are when commenting to the development team. They're not providing positive input like suggestions but are arrogant, rude and childish. If they don't get a personalized response it seems they sulk, because it's all about them. A simple cyc to let someone know they were there I don't think is wrong as some ppl don't check the feed. I rather wish everyone left a simple note. I'm not really into cyber friendships so keep my own interactions to the point.

What does 'cyc' mean? I'm a very active "farmer" (4stars) and this seems to be a negative comment from what others say. Plus, how do folks get the 'droplets' and other icons into their wall comments?

Unregistered
09-17-10, 09:08 PM
Cleaned your city. Another is ntc - nothing to clean.

Pancakes
09-18-10, 06:11 AM
I fully agree. Couldn't have said it better myself. =]

Unregistered
09-18-10, 06:56 AM
... The whole pt of the thread was talking about how rude some ppl are when commenting to the development team. They're not providing positive input like suggestions but are arrogant, rude and childish. If they don't get a personalized response it seems they sulk, because it's all about them.

Yes, I agree that the arrogant, rude and offensive posts are entirely unacceptable and are not an approach designed for a positive response. However, the frustration is entirely understandable. Consider the following:
- The threads on this forum contain many excellent suggestions, all of which are apparently being ignored
- Support for iPad users (I guess quite a few but only a guess) seems to be being withdrawn; the free game splashed this morning is an iPhone game, not sized for iPad; Game Center has been chosen as as the community interaction tool but this is not available to iPads so iPad users are now excluded from parts of the game.

So, yes, keep it clean and non-offensive but at the same time (TeamLava), understand why those feelings arise.

How about a regularly updated entry in Help/FAQs (not game centre for the reason given above) listing next and future enhancements? At least then it would be possible to see which if any suggestions are being worked on and might help to alleviate some of the frustration.

Unregistered
10-01-10, 10:28 PM
What is wrong with some players? What is wrong with you? The fact that you bothered to post this tirade suggests your own immaturity. Posters are allowed to speak freely.

Get over it? Get over yourself, "whining" posters at least aren't self-righteous snobs.

And it's ironic that you wrote so much about people "whining" (again, it requires quotes because your accusations make no sense) yet used all that space to WHINE.