PDA

View Full Version : Introducing our new Super Mod: ToastyRock!

GroupMagma
06-08-11, 04:41 PM
ToastyRock first broke into the videogame industry by announcing moves in Mortal Kombat.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-S5GDEMfTzM8/TXgIEILr-OI/AAAAAAAAEKs/7bIyWnrck1k/toasty+mortal+kombat+gamer+capsule.jpg

He was once a waiter at a diner, but moved when patrons confused him with pieces of slightly-charred bread. He moved back into the social gaming industry, and now is a proud employee of TeamLava.

ToastyRock will be here to answer questions along with myself, so be sure to give him a warm welcome to the TeamLava Community! Like myself, he will answer questions from the Community Manager thread, but prefers to be sent a Private Message or Visitor Message if you have any questions. :D

trenae
06-08-11, 04:50 PM
Such creative names. :p

Welcome TR, nice to see another super mod added to the forum.

greygull
06-08-11, 04:52 PM
Hello and Welcome!

ToastyRock
06-08-11, 04:57 PM
Yay me!

And now, an ice breaker question so I can get to know everyone.

Which would you rather own: a docile pet Trex you can play fetch with in the park, or a cat that can play guitar?

sterlingempire
06-08-11, 04:58 PM
Welcome to Team Lava!

greygull
06-08-11, 05:03 PM
Cat that can play guitar! Trex wouldn't quite fit in my house. Plus kitties are so cute!

ToastyRock
06-08-11, 05:04 PM
Good point! What if it was a pygmy trex, capable of fitting in most overhead compartments?

trenae
06-08-11, 05:06 PM
^^ but still not as cool because it doesn't have a guitar.

redbites
06-08-11, 05:09 PM
welcome to the forums!!!!:D;)

driftboutique
06-08-11, 05:49 PM
Welcome! To answer your question, I already have one cat that can play the upright bass but prefers not to and another that was cross-bred with velociraptors, so I don't really have to choose :D

lesleypsg1
06-08-11, 05:52 PM
What exactly is a trex? Guess I'm too old for this game?lol
Can I pick a dog that plays piano instead? I hate following molds, plus I'm more of a dog person.

mattdiner
06-08-11, 05:55 PM
t-rex ;) aka the dinosaur of dinos

lesleypsg1
06-08-11, 05:58 PM
Ah! Thanks Matt. Ok, I'll vote for a T -Rex that will play piano with my dog. What the heck, I already have a petting zoo in my house. Dog, cat, rabbit, skinny pig, bird, fish....not to mention the kid (human). What's one more mouth to feed

Mogwai4111
06-08-11, 06:47 PM
As much as piano cat could use a side kick, I've gotta go with TRex. I would name him Scratchy.

GroupMagma
06-08-11, 06:57 PM
I would go with a Piano cat. Mostly to follow me around and play mood music. I guess I'd have to rig up some sort of mobile piano transportation device...

driftboutique
06-08-11, 07:05 PM
I would go with a Piano cat. Mostly to follow me around and play mood music. I guess I'd have to rig up some sort of mobile piano transportation device...

You need a keytar :D

greygull
06-08-11, 07:05 PM
Even the Pygmy Trex (which I'm sure would be cute!), I still have to go with kitty. My hubby and song both play guitar, real and games, so he could join in!

GroupMagma
06-08-11, 07:20 PM
You need a keytar :D

Oops, I somehow thought piano when it said guitar. But keytar cat? Even better.

mattdiner
06-08-11, 07:55 PM
Guitar cat.
I need some nice theme music when walking around!
:cool:

driftboutique
06-08-11, 08:52 PM
Oops, I somehow thought piano when it said guitar. But keytar cat? Even better.

Ha! I somehow managed to forget that too, I was just thinking of mobile pianos. My brain is fuzzy. But let's be honest, everything goes better with keytars.

talyon
06-08-11, 10:57 PM
Welcome Toasty have a great time here.

seastripes
06-09-11, 01:45 AM
welcome welcome welcome :)

Rachael98
06-09-11, 02:29 AM
I've missed these forums:p

Good to see our promised SuperMod here!
Welcome!:D
I don't know...cats are sooo cute. And it might be able to play with me (I play a variety of different instruments:)). Yes, I think I'll go for the cat!

sissy8
06-09-11, 05:14 AM
welcom toasty, maybe you can give us a peacock:)

ToastyRock
06-09-11, 08:46 AM
Nobody ever picks the poor Trex. Even the pygmy Trex! He's really smart and WANTS to play the guitar, but his arms are just too short.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :D

elesia1
06-09-11, 09:00 AM
welcome ToastyRock. I pick the Trex but mainly because im allergic to cats. Maybe he can learn to play with his feet.

saintlover
06-09-11, 09:04 AM
Welcome Toasty and congrats

driftboutique
06-09-11, 09:08 AM
Nobody ever picks the poor Trex. Even the pygmy Trex! He's really smart and WANTS to play the guitar, but his arms are just too short.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone :D

Well, you've already learned the most important thing about us: we sure like cats. For further proof, read the "name five things" thread for farm. We require barn cats! But nary a vote for barn dinosaurs.

Phthon
06-09-11, 09:24 AM
One sympathy vote for T-Rex. (I'd prefer da feline, but I've already got one...and he doesn't do anything except soak up the sun and sleep for 98 hrs a day.)

You could always add him to the zoo story!

SunflowerMeadow
06-09-11, 10:11 AM
Welcome TR! Maybe you could try to convince TL that we all want our tiny house back. A " problem" that was fixed, even though everyone wanted this to not be fixed. So many issues that players have complained for ages about & still no solutions. But let one Android player mention the gazing ball/tiny house, & they fix it ASAP. So please work for us on this.

moratorro
06-09-11, 10:23 AM
Welcome ToastyRock!
We're glad to have another moderator in this board.
Have a good job!

ToastyRock
06-09-11, 10:43 AM
I appreciate the welcome, Sunflower, though please remember to stay on topic ;) this thread is for everyone's hopes and dreams about Toasty possibilities, while your thread in the Farm Story forums (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?12781-Very-disappointed-in-tiny-house-gazing-ball-change!) is the best place to discuss this particular change.

On a Tyrannosaurus note, it's awesome to see him gain the sympathy vote! Magma and I had a detailed discussion about whether the guitar-playing cat would actually be able to play Juilliard-level classical music, or if it would just learn four or five chord progressions and stick to pop songs. We'll conduct more research and get back to y'all with the results.

Phthon
06-09-11, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking heavy metal...what with the claws to scratch the strings! :)

SunflowerMeadow
06-09-11, 10:59 AM
preciate the welcome, Sunflower, though please remember to stay on topic this thread is for everyone's hopes and dreams about Toasty possibilities, while your thread in the Farm Story forums is the best place to discuss this particular change

You're right TR, & I actually thought about this after I posted. Although I was stating one of my hopes & dreams for you in working with TL. :) I do send you a warm welcome though. And my preference? A guitar playing cat of course!

ToastyRock
06-09-11, 11:08 AM
Ah ha! In that case, you'll be happy to know that I've adopted a pro-gnome platform. This of course in no way refers to crystal balls, homes or other changes :P My official stance on gnomes is that they are pleasing and jovial creatures that make great travel buddies. Teach them to play guitar, and it's over.

hippoberry
06-09-11, 05:04 PM
Salutations Toasty Rock ! Welcome to the forums !

Can you do a pygmy T-rex fed on a steady diet of guitar playing cats ? Free range guitar playing cats, I meant. Or maybe just cupcakes shaped like free range guitar playing cats ( just to keep this whole thing abit more realistic ) The occasional fetching is pretty alright too, I guess. Um, but the cat cupcake diet is slightly necessary.

farmerrobbo
06-09-11, 10:02 PM
Welcome! Good to have some more support!

lauralafarm
06-11-11, 07:58 AM
Welcome! I'll go for the cat because I fear the trex will eat my cats and kids for lunch and that would **** the weekend spirit for me. Plus I would love some music!

karen_heng12
06-12-11, 10:24 PM
welcome ... welcome ....

Rachael98
06-13-11, 03:24 PM
preciate the welcome, Sunflower, though please remember to stay on topic this thread is for everyone's hopes and dreams about Toasty possibilities, while your thread in the Farm Story forums is the best place to discuss this particular change

You're right TR, & I actually thought about this after I posted. Although I was stating one of my hopes & dreams for you in working with TL. :) I do send you a warm welcome though. And my preference? A guitar playing cat of course!

Ah ha! In that case, you'll be happy to know that I've adopted a pro-gnome platform. This of course in no way refers to crystal balls, homes or other changes :P My official stance on gnomes is that they are pleasing and jovial creatures that make great travel buddies. Teach them to play guitar, and it's over.

Weren't you with TL before? But you've only just joined the forum community?

elliejean
06-14-11, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

sterlingempire
07-17-11, 09:18 AM
Is that actully a picture of him??

bawpotter
07-17-11, 03:40 PM
Where is there a picture?

oap99
07-21-11, 12:36 PM
Welcome. Couldn't we have catrex with wings and gills?:p

darkcouture
07-28-11, 06:09 AM
Is he here still? I don't see recent posts.

kooky panda
07-28-11, 06:22 AM
Is he here still? I don't see recent posts.
Yes he is still here.....think he is busy hanging with his gnome buddies....

Rachael98
07-29-11, 03:38 PM
Yes he is still here.....think he is busy hanging with his gnome buddies....

Rofl. What's Toasty's reaction going to be to that:p!? Lol!!! But yes, he's still here.

darkcouture
07-29-11, 04:46 PM
My bad, lol, apologies to Toasty :)