PDA

View Full Version : Really? A gnome and 5 measly percent bonus?

Gunregistered
09-03-10, 01:22 PM
So you're telling me that, for all the time it takes to master most crops, all we get for filling up the mastery slots for each one is a freaking yard gnome and a 5 percent bonus? That's the best you could come up with, TL? Jeez. It's depressing. One already-existent item -- not for the first crop you master but all of them -- and a bonus so insignificant most players won't even notice it.

At least in World War when you master a mission tab completely you obtain something you cannot elsewhere.

Get on it, TL. Release something that makes gameplay better.

Unregistered
09-03-10, 03:07 PM
Everytime I read a rude, jerky demand like this I'm not surprised TeamLava doesn't implement the "request."

Unregistered
09-03-10, 06:47 PM
Remember that this is a free app people from TeamLave, so while they have asked for feedback and suggestions there is no reason to be mean, offensive or rude about what you have to say.

I for one, am grateful for the new mastering of crops. I have be playing since May and this adds a new challenge to the game. I like that you can get an item that can normally be purchased with gems only and 5% is better than no increase. But after mastering 6 crops -fruits and veggies I am more than a little disappointed that you get the same thing -a gnome, for each. And only the boy gnome. That will be way too many gnomes. Maybe have a group of items that can be picked from. Or master a grain and get the grain silo or grain trough, you know something different for each catogory at least ie. fruits, veggies, grains.

Jessies Farm
09-03-10, 07:29 PM
I love playing farm story. I was glad when they made a new way to earn gems. I guess you can't please everybody

Unregistered
09-04-10, 01:46 PM
What are you guys talking about ... gnomes are the most cool great thing ever and it really changed this game in a big way that we can get them a different way now. I mean, think about it, gnomes. How can you get better than gnomes?

Unregistered
09-04-10, 08:48 PM
just a thought....it would be a sure crowd pleaser

Farmerrobbo
09-05-10, 02:59 AM
Yes, I second the call for Zombies!

Unregistered
09-05-10, 08:41 AM
They are the best ever... Keep'em coming

Bunglation
09-05-10, 06:25 PM
I've never seen anything in an iPod game as innovative as getting a gnome for achieving something that takes a lot of time. It blows the roof off Farmville or anything else out there. I say, if you collect all 78 (or whatever) gnomes, you should be able to exchange them for Voltron, Defender of the Universe. Imagine, just imagine, how great your farm would be with Voltron watching over it.

Oh, and can you add spaceships?

Seriously, TL. Still can't believe this is all you've come up with so far. Well, I'm off to add to my collection of 420 dog bowls gifted to me by neighbors. But, hey, I heard someone in the game turned their farm into Papa Smurf! Neat-o!

Sincerely,

Your pal.

Unregistered
09-05-10, 09:37 PM
Wait, wait. The masteries only give gnomes? Not even gems or something special like in city story? Just... Just gnomes?

Ahahahahahahaha

so glad I haven't bothered trying to master any crops...

Unregistered
09-05-10, 10:04 PM
Maybe, instead of a garden gnome, we could have a list of a few items to choose from. And maybe one of the choices could be diamonds, so that those of us who cant afford to buy diamonds can earn them, save them and buy something we may not have had the chance to get.

I know that this may seem unreasonable to those farmers out there who do spend their hard earned cash on diamonds, but some of us really cant afford it, and I am only suggesting an option.

I also suggest this same idea for City Story.

Unregistered
09-06-10, 04:55 AM
Well, I'm off to add to my collection of 420 dog bowls gifted to me by neighbors. But, hey, I heard someone in the game turned their farm into Papa Smurf! Neat-o!

Sincerely,

Your pal.

sell them pal, they're a good quick cash

deadpix
09-06-10, 06:34 AM
Wait, wait. The masteries only give gnomes? Not even gems or something special like in city story? Just... Just gnomes?

Ahahahahahahaha

so glad I haven't bothered trying to master any crops...

You get one gem at the second level of mastery of each crop and the second level is fairly easy to attain.

BTW, I don't know if this has been fixed, but you get the 5% increase after the third level of mastery, even though you get the message after the fourth.

Unregistered
09-06-10, 04:41 PM
I'm sort of happy that the mastery gift is always a gnome AND that you get a gem at level 2 rather than level 4. I'm keeping myself busy getting to level 2 in all the crops and not worrying about reaching level 4.

(Also, I'm still laughing over the dog bowels.)

Unregistered
09-06-10, 08:08 PM
I think I just had a dog-bowel movement reading that.

Word on the street is, the patriach of Lava Enterprises, Theodore M. Lava IV, unveiled the plan to give away gnomes, gnomes and only gnomes for crop mastery at a top secret meeting held at the family's underground bunker, the Lavatican. Young Timothy Lava had attempted to upstage his grandfather and his brownnosing uncle, Thaddeus Lava, by suggesting a comprehensive system of dynamic enhancements that would occur when certain crops were mastered -- and surprising rewards when certain crops were mastered together that would remain a secret until uncovered -- but according to our inside sources, Old Man Teddy shot him down angrily.

"THEY'LL TAKE GNOMES OR THEY'LL TAKE NOTHING!!!" he belowed, fingering his personal stash of rare emeralds as he sneered at his futile underlings.

Unregistered
09-08-10, 05:58 PM
at first i was also confused when some neighbors sent a dog bowl everyday. how many dog bowls can i use i thought. then i realized that they are worth 400 coins, more than any other on the gift list. now i send one everyday and think of it like a gift certificate. i wonder if all the neighbors who send apple trees and chickens realize that, probably not. knomes are worth 600 coins if sold btw.

Telynau
09-08-10, 08:29 PM
My Gnomes are in a fit of apoplexy! They have sent out a "Gnome Alert" to all of the radio & television broadcast units. This is a travesty? a nightmare of epic proportions. Gnome Lovers Unite. We must defend our fair friends!  Poor unwanted and sold-off Gnomes? 

Unregistered
09-08-10, 09:25 PM
I really dont need more than two gnomes so I sold the others. Wish I could have gifted you one. :)

Gnomebuster
09-11-10, 08:37 AM
I have 5 Gnomes as a reward for mastering crops. Before selling it though I want to know do we get ofor it? Gems or coins? Actually giving out dog bones is more useful than any other gifts like trees or cows. Dog bones sell for 400 coins. The highest so far I observed compared to Coconut which sells for 240 coins. Hope this tip works for everyone.

Unregistered
09-11-10, 09:13 AM
This game is one of coolest games for the Ipod and it's free. I love getting dog food bowls as gifts. I easily make $4,000 or more a day just by selling dog food bowls. I also love getting gnomes as a prize. They are so cute. I can't wait until the next update. Thanks Teamlava!!

Idytme
10-10-10, 11:12 PM
I was very happy when I got to second level strawberry and I got * one* diamond. I couldn't wait to get to the other levels. Then I get to the end and I get a gnome. OK, cool, I say to myself, because strawberries are a FREE crop, so just imagine what I will get for the better crops.
Now I find out that all I will get is a gnome in mastery for every single crop?
I understand this is a free game but we already accidentally used up diamonds by slightly touching an enhancement screen and getting something we didn't want because there was no "are you sure?" question, and so have a lot of other people. People want diamonds. Or give something different for each level, like the Labrador Dog. Or add a Farm Dog like a Bernese Mountain Dog. Or give us a pond we can put ducks in.
With all the creative people creating this game, I can't imagine there would be a brain freeze at "mastering a crop and getting a gnome".
There is just too much work to get to level four to just get a status symbol. Listen to the folks here, we aren't after showing everyone our gnomes, we want different cool stuff, or just more diamonds, or increase the % of crop to 15% instead of 5%. You make a lot less money getting to level four mastery than you would for just planting other higher value crops. What you are offering isn't worth the work.
Thank-you

Unregistered
10-11-10, 11:11 AM
I've only bothered getting to crop mastery level 2 to get the gems as I don't want a load of gnomes on a FARM. And then I was really annoyed when I accidentally lost 10 of them for only 5000 coins because there is no confirm tap.

Really used to enjoy this game but getting bored now.

Aristote
11-04-10, 09:57 AM
need gems!

please do something, it becomes boring.

Unregistered
11-04-10, 05:13 PM
Let's **** two birds with one stone: Instead of gnomes, give away cats! ;)