PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Gems - Money was charged; but no Gems turned up - frustrating

Huayong
06-05-11, 11:14 PM
Hi,

Frustrating is what it is: yesterday morning I made a purchase of a few gems (after noticing that they were on sale). The payment has been charged against my credit card account instantly; however there has no Gems shown up until now (over 36 hours already).

I have E-mailed support@teamlava.com requesting for an investigation and to advise where the Gems went; or alternatively I need the money to be refunded. No response as yet.

I wonder has anyone made such a purchase before? How long normally would it take to get the Gem showing up after the purchase? Or is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

sterlingempire
06-07-11, 12:20 PM
I have. It took me about five min. for the gems to turn up.

GroupMagma
06-07-11, 12:28 PM
I would wait back for a reply from Support -- they would be able to compensate you if the Gems never turn up.

talyon
06-07-11, 12:51 PM
Also try the usual,reboot etc.

MMSIsaac
06-07-11, 01:10 PM
My gems usually come up fine. I've bought gems about 10 times, and have never had any issues. Anyhow, I hope you get gems. :)

Huayong
06-07-11, 11:31 PM
Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all your reply; really appreciate it.

I have received a reply from Support@TeamLava.com yesterday. They were asking for a receipt. When I looked through my E-mail account registered under iTune store, there has been no such a receipt issued against this transaction. However, my credit card account was charged for this purchase. It has been 4 days since I purchased this, but somehow the charged money is still showing under "Pending Transaction" category.

Another thing really strange was: since I have made this purchase, every time while I was playing Farm Story, iTune store password authentication screen always popped up. That made me think the password I entered to finalize that purchase was incorrect. However it shouldn't, because my credit card account has been showing this transaction...

Now, it is really annoying: the password verification screen will just turn up out of nowhere...

If I want to "re-boot" farm story, should I delete it from my iPhone and re-install? Am I able to log back in and start from where I was?

Thansk a lot ~

Mogwai4111
06-07-11, 11:48 PM
Yes you can delete and re-install and resume your game where you left off.

As for the purchase, have you purchased gems before this, with the same card, without this issue?

Huayong
06-08-11, 03:47 AM
Yes you can delete and re-install and resume your game where you left off.

As for the purchase, have you purchased gems before this, with the same card, without this issue?
Dear Mogwai4111,

Thanks for your message.

If I delete the game and re-install it, all I need is my Storm8 ID, right?

This is the first time I have purchased Gems.

Cheers

talyon
06-08-11, 06:08 AM
FYI iTunes always emails you a reciept I've bought 1000's of dollars worth and have always gotten reciept and I have kept them all also I've got them backed up just in case. So u should also have one. I know from many other threads it's hard to get your purchase verified without the official email reciept from iTunes. GL.

talyon
06-08-11, 06:09 AM
I've also had trouble with the pop up u speak of. It well go away. U might have to email iTunes for another reciept.

talyon
06-08-11, 06:11 AM
Dear Mogwai4111,

Thanks for your message.

If I delete the game and re-install it, all I need is my Storm8 ID,
This is the first time I have purchased Gems.

Cheers

you don't need ID for a reinstall.

Mogwai4111
06-08-11, 09:21 AM
If your payment is still 'pending' I think it could be your credit card company investigating this as a suspicious online purchase. You might try calling them and explaining what's happening, verify that the payment is indeed yours and not a fraudulent one, and ask them to push it through.

Banks/cards used to be very suspicious of online payments, some still are at least a little.

GroupMagma
06-08-11, 09:24 AM
You can also take a screenshot directly within your iTunes Purchase History and email that to Support. They should be able to match this up with your purchase and provide you with the missing Gems.

Huayong
06-10-11, 03:49 PM
Hi all,

Thanks a lot for all your messages and support. I have finally received a receipt from iTune and forwarded it on.

Yesterday got a reply from TeamLava; after investigation, they put the missing Gems into my account.

Case closed - finally

Thanks again all. However iTune password verification screen still keeps popping up; pretty annoying......