PDA

View Full Version : Building materials and new gifts don't work!

phoebesmom
06-05-11, 08:08 PM
On Farm Story, using my iPhone 3GS: I received several new gifts recently, including a brick, concrete, wiring, and welcome mats among others. These were placed into inventory, but when I went to place them on my farm, after I tapped twice, they simply disappeared. (They were not visible in the first place on the farm, and a couple were not shown in inventory either.) There was no information about any of these items, and no indication about how many of which item would be needed to build something. I gather the welcome mat is not a construction material, and should have shown up. Nothing did.

I hope my fellow farmers are not using gems for things that disappear. I hope team lava will straighten this out soon and either refund people their gems or cash, or at the very least reinstate the items which were lost.

This is either a major glitch or a major deception. I do not think team lava should roll out something new without first providing documentation about how things work.

lady_n66
06-05-11, 08:26 PM
Ghost gifts 

talyon
06-05-11, 09:28 PM
Once you receive the FULL update all shall come clear. Boo!

happyapples11
06-06-11, 07:07 AM
Make sure you are using version 1.7.4 of the app. I had 1.7.3 and once I changed i was able to use the gifts for the constructible items.

Hope this helps

happyapples11

mornolov
06-06-11, 12:21 PM
I have exact the same problems with my 3Gs...and i got 1.7.4!

rmburtram
06-12-11, 11:12 PM
I have an android phone and was gifted several of the items and it said they were put in my inventory but they never showed up... I also have a neighbour that says they never showed up as well???? Does anybody have any ideas as to where they are or Whats going on??

xSnowyOwlx
06-12-11, 11:29 PM
They aren't to place on your farm, they are towards buildings that require construction. Once you have a building under construction you will be able to see how they are used.

ariesblu
06-13-11, 03:15 PM
The point is there is not even a way TO GET TO the construction point of an item on the android phones, YET we can still send and receive those items. Pointless.

sailor22
06-14-11, 06:19 AM
I've sent some construction materials but my neighbors say they haven't shown up for them. I also had a neighbor send me something that never showed up in my gifts at all. If this is all due to an update, how do I go about updating my FS? :)

xSnowyOwlx
06-14-11, 10:51 AM
The point is there is not even a way TO GET TO the construction point of an item on the android phones, YET we can still send and receive those items. Pointless.

Why not let your neighbors know you are on an android and that there's no point in sending construction materials to you at this time?

badger8
06-14-11, 11:04 AM
As far as I can tell, the only way to receive "parts" gifts is to request them from your nbrs. In order to do this, you have to have the constructible appliance already on your grid. So if you are getting these gifts, you have requested them. OR you are being sent a request from your nbrs for parts. I don't think you can just randomly choose to gift appliance parts.

jovenal
06-14-11, 07:36 PM
As far as I can tell, the only way to receive "parts" gifts is to request them from your nbrs. In order to do this, you have to have the constructible appliance already on your grid. So if you are getting these gifts, you have requested them. OR you are being sent a request from your nbrs for parts. I don't think you can just randomly choose to gift appliance parts.

That's not true. You can also send them as a daily gift like the dog bowl.

badger8
06-14-11, 07:43 PM
Never noticed that. Sorry!

badger8
06-14-11, 07:47 PM
Just checked...you're right, jovenal. I guess I never scrolled to the right past the regular gifts!
Thanks!

jovenal
06-14-11, 07:50 PM
No problem. We're all here to help each other.

kellykuip
10-16-11, 12:49 AM
Where do you need welcome mats to build for i have never seen a thing where THE aks mats for to construct ??? Is That i a higher lever i am on level 46

Rachael98
10-16-11, 02:30 AM
Where do you need welcome mats to build for i have never seen a thing where THE aks mats for to construct ??? Is That i a higher lever i am on level 46

I can't quite remember. Haunted Barn? Tool Shed. I'm pretty sure there's something.

DRL23411
10-16-11, 02:42 AM
I use an android and recieve constructibles and am able to build without problem. I am not without a lot of other problems but not this one.

DRL23411
10-16-11, 02:45 AM
Welcome Mat is for things YET to come. Future update, hopefully the Android will be able to use it.

Rachael98
10-16-11, 02:49 AM
Welcome Mat is for things YET to come. Future update, hopefully the Android will be able to use it.

I see; thank you for correcting me and confirming that:).

callip
10-22-11, 07:18 PM
I have constructible items and received gifts for them- but I can't figure out how to use them to build?

kooky panda
10-22-11, 08:11 PM
I have constructible items and received gifts for them- but I can't figure out how to use them to build?

see post 2
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16823-Get-Out-On-the-Farm-(FAQ-for-Beginners)

ljsae
10-24-11, 01:11 PM
Those can only be used when u build something....dog bowls are still the way to go.