PDA

View Full Version : New age poll

redbites
06-05-11, 07:28 PM
What age are you? Your name isn't shown to any other users

The idea of this poll came from Nekonight who wanted me to create a new poll that wouldn't display your id when you voted

nekonight
06-05-11, 08:35 PM
Thank you redbites...

driftboutique
06-05-11, 08:58 PM
Child privacy laws, still in effect since the previous poll. FYI.

SweetChikara
06-05-11, 09:24 PM
I own my own website and VBulletin Forum. There is a chance this is not anonymous. The Admin can still view every step you take, right down to the IP address. Don't vote if you don't wanna risk getting people banned.

Like I said, there's a chance, and I'm not sure what their coding is on here, but to my understanding, as long as you have an IP address, your linked. Your ID name has it's own identification. It's anonymous to the public, but not to the person who has master controls over everything, sorry. It was a good idea to show exactly how many people under 14 are infact playing, but nothing on the internet is truly private to the one that controls it all. :(

redbites
06-05-11, 09:32 PM
I'm not at risk as i'm over 14 but I don't believe Teamlava will just ban someone for no reason because they are under 14. Anyway i'm sure when GroupMagma returns they will probably lock this thread anyway, but right now i'm hoping they don't

SweetChikara
06-05-11, 09:52 PM
Yea I can see what you mean, I already covered that legality angle in the other thread poll. Fact of the matter is there is an age clash with these games. App store says it's a safe game to play purely on the understandings that there is nothing about it that screams 18 or older. There's no alcohol, drugs, etc. I do think that they should've bended their age requirements to better suit the app store. Too many kids love cutesy games, Bakery Story resembles colorful attributes that of Cooking Mama, Cake Mania, Diner Dash etc. We live in a world where it's more common for those under 14 to have a cellular phone, iPad, iTouch and more. It's near impossible to prevent underage people from doing underage things, especially online, moreso when they have good intentions.

This whole thing is getting out of hand because Lava allowed it to. If there were more control over what is being said on the story game walls, this wouldn't be such a controversial topic. FYI: You can now curse on the walls. Earlier today my friends and I came acrossed the F bomb. So on our own wall we experimented. On RS, F bomb, MF bomb, S word, P word, B word, and more are allowable on walls. I do not know when this came about. I'm not sure if it's temporary, but it's going to support Lava in the 14 age up section. If a parent comes forward saying their kid saw this or that, Lava can say "well, we did say 14 and older and you agreed to that when you installed, so we're sorry, you're not following our rules, bye" lol. -sigh-

nekonight
06-05-11, 11:31 PM
I agree with you Sweetchikra.. I mean really how do they know how old the person is? lol I heard someone clicked 13 and under for a friend...

nekonight
06-06-11, 09:36 AM
bump up, vote

xokay
06-06-11, 09:39 AM
What an uproar.

nekonight
06-06-11, 09:42 AM
Yup It is... Everyones tired of the profanity on walls..

Rachael98
06-06-11, 09:48 AM
I think that TL should have a link to the ToS in the FAQ.

nekonight
06-06-11, 10:43 AM
I think that TL should have a link to the ToS in the FAQ.

No link on app page.. Can you stop trolling me now, geez

nekonight
06-06-11, 11:38 AM
By clicking "Continue" you indicate that you agree to the terms of service and are 14+ years old Whats so hard about putting that up?

nekonight
06-06-11, 12:16 PM
COPPA RULES

An operator must post a link to a notice of its information practices on the home page of its Web site or online service and at each area where it collects personal information from children. An operator of a general audience site with a separate children's area must post a link to its notice on the home page of the children's area.

The link to the privacy notice must be clear and prominent. Operators may want to use a larger font size or a different color type on a contrasting background to make it stand out. A link in small print at the bottom of the page -- or a link that is indistinguishable from other links on your site -- is not considered clear and prominent.

bawpotter
06-06-11, 12:19 PM
I know a lot of people under 14 that play, I mean profanity is bad, but not as bad for a 13 year old rather than an 8 year old. I don't think it's that hard for TL to put a filter, but who knows?

nekonight
06-06-11, 12:36 PM
Yes I agree. I have Contacted my lawer and he is looking into this to see if they are following COPPA..
The Censor really is weak if any at all, and the TOS and Privacy is not clearly stated on App page.

trenae
06-06-11, 12:56 PM
As a FYI the TOS and other policies for TeamLava apps can be found on the forum, as well as the homepage of the website (teamlava.com). If players have questions about those, they should be directed to TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com). It's not really a forum appropriate topic.

SweetChikara
06-06-11, 01:22 PM
Wow...this is in the Team Lava Discussion section. Here we go with the "it's not really a forum appropriate topic." Nothing is appropriate around here! It's lock here, lock there, don't talk about this, don't talk about that. Absolutely ZERO capabilities for freedom of speech for topics many care about for the most part. I see A LOT Of brown noses...waiting for the cult magic box pack to release soon.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp and http://www.coppa.org/

Fact is this: IT IS NOT available for those to SEE first and foremost where the app is downloaded trenae. Nekonight I look forward to seeing what your lawyer says.

And trenae, if you actually read what's being said, you'd realize there IS a clash with what Apple states and what Lava states WITH THE DOWNLOAD itself. THAT's the issue. The good non cussing kids are getting banned for playing a game mommie and daddy thought were meant for ages 4 and up. Observe:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/SenseiAmatsu/Story%20Games/BSrate.png

And what's this....a poker game WITH link to terms of service...gee that's smart, isn't it?? NOT misleading at all! Way to go Zynga woo!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/SenseiAmatsu/Story%20Games/poker.png

Seems to me it's far too easy to NOT confuse the ages on a game. It's called an ESRB. MANY parents and gaming companies respect the ESRB guidelines. I KNOW GroupMagma has said tons of times they and Lava realize there is a complication with the age requirement understandings, but Lava hasn't fixed something that requires a little simple effort. Instead they'd rather us buy Gems so we can get that pretty little fruit basket while kids and their parents are being BANNED for NOT seeing the TOS WHERE IT COUNTS. Simple as that.

driftboutique
06-06-11, 01:40 PM
Wow...this is in the Team Lava Discussion section. Here we go with the "it's not really a forum appropriate topic." Nothing is appropriate around here! It's lock here, lock there, don't talk about this, don't talk about that. Absolutely ZERO capabilities for freedom of speech for topics many care about for the most part. I see A LOT Of brown noses...waiting for the cult magic box pack to release soon.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp and http://www.coppa.org/

Fact is this: IT IS NOT available for those to SEE first and foremost where the app is downloaded trenae. Nekonight I look forward to seeing what your lawyer says.

And trenae, if you actually read what's being said, you'd realize there IS a clash with what Apple states and what Lava states WITH THE DOWNLOAD itself. THAT's the issue. The good non cussing kids are getting banned for playing a game mommie and daddy thought were meant for ages 4 and up. Observe:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/SenseiAmatsu/Story%20Games/BSrate.png

And what's this....a poker game WITH link to terms of service...gee that's smart, isn't it?? NOT misleading at all! Way to go Zynga woo!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/SenseiAmatsu/Story%20Games/poker.png

Seems to me it's far too easy to NOT confuse the ages on a game. It's called an ESRB. MANY parents and gaming companies respect the ESRB guidelines. I KNOW GroupMagma has said tons of times they and Lava realize there is a complication with the age requirement understandings, but Lava hasn't fixed something that requires a little simple effort. Instead they'd rather us buy Gems so we can get that pretty little fruit basket while kids and their parents are being BANNED for NOT seeing the TOS WHERE IT COUNTS. Simple as that.

I think you're confused. 4+ is not an ESRB rating. In fact, that rating is provided by Apple, which helps to explain why it doesn't have anything to do with TL's TOS.

SweetChikara
06-06-11, 03:51 PM
I think you're confused. 4+ is not an ESRB rating. In fact, that rating is provided by Apple, which helps to explain why it doesn't have anything to do with TL's TOS.

No, i'm FAR from confused; merely pointing out that there are TONS of companies who PROVIDE proper age guidelines with NO confusion what so ever like Lava has successfully failed at doing. Get it straight. I'm not oblivious, believe in that.

Point is you do NOT try to convince the world that a game is supposed to be for ages 14 and up when the place you advertise on, a place with TONS of traffic, is stating otherwise. YOU CORRECT THEM. You do what others do and LINK to the real TOS, it's that simple. For goodness sake why are you being so dense about what we are discussing? It's not hard to keep up...

This is geting beyond annoying. Lava screwed up getting the message of age guildelines clearly written where people download the game. It's that simple. They fix it, they have a chance to truly tell people to shut up. That poker game I posted is a GREAT example. Apple has their age suggestion, and Zynga posted TOS RIGHT THERE. PERFECT strategy for NOT getting rules confused upon installation. Topic at hand is BECAUSE apple suggests ages 4 and up and LAVA DOESN'T CORRECT IT, kids ARE playing this game AND being banned for reporting harassment when THEY are being good. WHY punish them for it? omg...people! I'm HAPPY I have plenty of kids tipping me and saying kind things, they set an example for the garbage the "approved" age rage has been spouting off with! There ARE very civil under age 14 kids playing these games, WHY ban them for it? Either get the age thing written properly or stop discriminating others for playing a game they thought they could play UPON INSTALLATION.

redbites
06-06-11, 03:56 PM
Everyone please stop discussing ages, i know someone that was just banned because of discussing ages

SweetChikara
06-06-11, 04:02 PM
yea well they shouldn't be banned for being an age they thought was ok to be when they installed the game. That's what we are saying. It's not fair to ban a kid for playing a game nicely with no troubles just because lava wants to say their TOS says it. People see the age guidelines when they install a game...IF lava posted a TOS along WITH the download, they'd have less people upset with the way they treat the good kids on these games.

driftboutique
06-06-11, 04:26 PM
Never mind. Not even worth my headspace.

nekonight
06-06-11, 05:45 PM
Wohooo Way to Go! Good Job sweetCikara. I think you explained it very easy.
Hi. There is a game called Bakery Story, Its an APP for Ipods and Phones.

Recently a mother was banned for letting her 12 year old daughter play the App on her phone, her account, She had just purchased items for the game.

The Game on Itunes Clearly States ages +4 Nothing stated From Team Lava..

There is no link to Terms of Service.

I contacted TeamLava . They said its against the rules for anyone 14 and younger to play and 14-17 need parental permission. Than i was told this cannot be discussed anymore. No where on the Web page(Main PAGE) or App page does it State the age.No where does it state CLEARLY Age Requirement wich is against COPPA. Itunes App page states +4 theres no link to the TOS or a pop up stating.(Example Below)

"By clicking "Continue" you indicate that you agree to the terms of service and are 14+ years old"

This game is geared towards young childern

nekonight
06-06-11, 05:51 PM
Everyone please stop discussing ages, i know someone that was just banned because of discussing ages

Did anyone mention their age on post?? NO!!! No idea what you talking about but if you dont like this discusiion theres no need to post her, just move on to a subject you like. Bye

nekonight
06-06-11, 05:52 PM
I really need clean my keyboard, exciuse the typos , should drink and eat at pc :)

nekonight
06-06-11, 06:04 PM
Dont worry sweetchikra
driftbotique has been attacking since post has gone up and sending me PM's hatefull ones
Shes needs to leave post alone and stop attacking everyone, All that will do is start a fight or harrassment wich I will not get involved in. In the mean time im going to ignore any further comments from her. If she doesnt like this forum she canleave it peacfully.
Thank you everyone who has discussed this touchy subject calmly..

Mogwai4111
06-06-11, 06:21 PM
TL should link the TOS in the app market, I think we're all in agreement there. But they do give their website in the app description, and their TOS can be found at the provided homepage. This complies with COPPA regulations.

Besides, nobody reads TOS before downloading an app anyway. It's only after they have a problem with the game that they do, if at all. Most just rush to claiming they are going to talk to their lawyers and sue, unaware that they'd only be wasting their lawyer's time.

As far as clearly stating 'you must be over 14 to play this game', well.. that isn't TL's only Term of Service, so why should it be the only one they point out? They'd have to point out ALL Terms, which would end up being that long list of text that you ignore as you scroll down to the 'accept terms' button.

I'm sorry you don't agree, but TL has completely done what is required of them as far as providing Terms of Service. Your "4+ rating" issue really is an issue with the itunes app store, not TL, so go bug them for not reading TL's TOS before rating the app.

driftboutique
06-06-11, 07:04 PM
Dont worry sweetchikra
driftbotique has been attacking since post has gone up and sending me PM's hatefull ones
Shes needs to leave post alone and stop attacking everyone, All that will do is start a fight or harrassment wich I will not get involved in. In the mean time im going to ignore any further comments from her. If she doesnt like this forum she canleave it peacfully.
Thank you everyone who has discussed this touchy subject calmly..

I haven't attacked anyone, including by PM, and as far as PMs, all I have done is reply to the ones you have sent me. I have no problem with this forum, but I do have a problem with you following me around and making up lies to try to smear me, just because I don't support your campaign.

redbites
06-06-11, 07:06 PM
How does this forever lasting argument have anything to do with the age poll?

driftboutique
06-06-11, 07:06 PM
TL should link the TOS in the app market, I think we're all in agreement there. But they do give their website in the app description, and their TOS can be found at the provided homepage. This complies with COPPA regulations.

Besides, nobody reads TOS before downloading an app anyway. It's only after they have a problem with the game that they do, if at all. Most just rush to claiming they are going to talk to their lawyers and sue, unaware that they'd only be wasting their lawyer's time.

As far as clearly stating 'you must be over 14 to play this game', well.. that isn't TL's only Term of Service, so why should it be the only one they point out? They'd have to point out ALL Terms, which would end up being that long list of text that you ignore as you scroll down to the 'accept terms' button.

I'm sorry you don't agree, but TL has completely done what is required of them as far as providing Terms of Service. Your "4+ rating" issue really is an issue with the itunes app store, not TL, so go bug them for not reading TL's TOS before rating the app.

Thank you for saying this far better than I could.

driftboutique
06-06-11, 07:07 PM
How does this forever lasting argument have anything to do with the age poll?

I'm sorry, but I am going to dispute serious allegations like these wherever they are made, even if that means being off-topic.

redbites
06-06-11, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry, but I am going to dispute serious allegations like these wherever they are made, even if that means being off-topic.
Ok, if that's what you want to do go ahead. I was just thinking why not argue on each others walls

driftboutique
06-06-11, 07:11 PM
Ok, if that's what you want to do go ahead. I was just thinking why not argue on each others walls

Because I feel like letting that stand is tantamount to admitting it's true, and I want everyone to know it's a lie.

redbites
06-06-11, 07:12 PM
I and lots of other people know you are telling the truth

SweetChikara
06-07-11, 12:42 AM
On Topic: Age poll was the posters way to help nekonight show lava lots of people under age 14 play. Til it was known that lava can ban the ID of the person admitting it on the poll. Everything else has been stipulative topic relation by extension of argumentative standpoints. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'm tired of it anyway. Right now my neighbors are still being slammed by foul mouthed "underage" game players and Lava still has yet to clean up the mess. It's just pointless to argue; however when over 135 people sign a petition and comment how they feel about wall harassment, at some point Lava's going to have to realize they are not doing a good job keeping walls clean. It's a mess. It's unsightly, and if kids shouldn't play, lava should stop banning them for 3-5 days and just **** their account already. Dangling them about to unleashe them 5 days later to repeat the process isn't going to change anything. It just shows lava does NOT uphold what they say. They issue a ban, and it is not a permanent suspension.