PDA

View Full Version : Extortion

WarehamCity14
06-05-11, 03:32 PM
:mad:[/COLOR]
Dear Group Magma :
Please be aware that attempting to induce a person or persons to pay money for goods or services (game buildings) which have already been fully paid for, (and received), is EXTORTION, a Crime in most nations, and, as you are attempting to induce players of CityStory (and perhaps other games) which are Internet based, for "completing" buildings which have previously been paid for in full, and received, in many cases many months before, that IS a Federal Crime in the United States of America! Please REMOVE this offending action IMMEDIATELY before charges are filed. I will personally be contacting my local District Attorney on Monday morning, and, I am sure, he would be VERY glad to file Federal charges against TeamLava and YOU, whoever you are.

Please use some forethought from here on. I have truly enjoyed playing CityStory since the second week it came out, have been at level 96 for some time, with over 2 million population, maximum area, maximum factories and have mastered all the valuable contracts. I would probably continue playing, and had intended to, however this latest (of many) fiasco, and your continual harping on the need for City Cash, i.e., real money, to do so much, has truly turned my stomach!

redbites
06-05-11, 03:47 PM
It might be a crime in the US but teamlava is british

Mogwai4111
06-05-11, 04:57 PM
Fom the Terms of Service

J. Virtual Currency and Goods:

The Service may include virtual currency, such as cash, coins, points or similar that may be earned or obtained through the Service or otherwise purchased by you for legal tender or actual currency, subject to such as assets, commodities, abilities or other goods that may be earned or obtained through the Service or otherwise purchased by you for legal tender or actual currency, or for Virtual Currency, subject to applicable law (such virtual items, ?Virtual Goods?). * TeamLava reserves the absolute right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Currency and/or Virtua Goods as it sees fit, and TeamLava shall have no liability to you or any third party for the exercise of such rights. * You shall have a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use solely within the Service Virtual Goods and Virtual Currency that you have earned, purchased or otherwise obtained in a manner authorized by TeamLava. * You have no other right, tile or interest in or to any such Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency appearing or originating in the Service

crystalrayn3
06-05-11, 05:01 PM
it might be a crime in the us but teamlava is british

lmao!

driftboutique
06-05-11, 06:07 PM
Please don't annoy your DA. He or she has real crime to prosecute, for heaven's sake. GM has already stated elsewhere that it's a known issue that the dev team is working to fix, but in the meantime if you don't want to see the scaffolding, just force quit and restart the app.

And next time, ask a question before freaking out.

xSnowyOwlx
06-05-11, 06:11 PM
I love Mogwai41111's reply. It says it all, WarehamCity14.
I, too was surprised and dismayed when I saw that the police station and firehouse were now "under construction" but I'm just asking neighbors for materials. It's not like I earn any extra coins and xp from them, only when neighbors like them and I've got plenty of other buildings for them to like so I'll be patient.

driftboutique
06-05-11, 06:14 PM
I love Mogwai41111's reply. It says it all, WarehamCity14.
I, too was surprised and dismayed when I saw that the police station and firehouse were now "under construction" but I'm just asking neighbors for materials. It's not like I earn any extra coins and xp from them, only when neighbors like them and I've got plenty of other buildings for them to like so I'll be patient.

It's a bug. Read up.

evanb84
06-05-11, 06:34 PM
Get a life

Mogwai4111
06-05-11, 06:36 PM
Bug or not, it's certainly no federal crime :eek:

redbites
06-05-11, 06:54 PM
Get a life
Who are you saying this to?

evanb84
06-06-11, 07:08 AM
Who are you saying this to?

to Wareham

lesleypsg1
06-06-11, 07:34 AM
Really?where's the threat? Do you even know what constitutes criminal extortion, or fraud for that matter? I do. This ain't it.

Don't bother your DA, unless you want to provide them with their laugh for the day.

Being upset about something is one thing. I've expressed discontent on these boards as well. But really, try not to sound off with something that makes you lose credibility.

Do you have a right to your frustration...sure. Absolutely.

You even have a right to express it with ridiculousness.

But doubt that's how you want to be viewed...is it?

GroupMagma
06-07-11, 08:24 AM
As others have stated, this issue is a bug. Please restart the app. You do not need materials for buildings already built prior to this update.