PDA

View Full Version : Tips - what do you do (ones/twos/threes or fours?)

suzysuzy34
06-05-11, 11:28 AM
Hi

I'm quite good at tipping all of my neighbours. I actually write a list and tick off everyone I have tipped, so I can be sure I have tipped, all of my three and four neighbours, but this is getting quite long, and time comsuming. I have over 90 neighbours on bakery, 50 on nightclub and I've only just started adding neighbours to restaurant.

What I'm wondering is, do you only tip back your neighbors that have left a message on your wall?

I find that if I haven't wrote down who I have tipped then I forget exactly who I been to, as there is no graded out option available if you have visited someone.

Also if a neighbor of three and four level doesnt leave a message and then its gone of your wall, then you may not get to tip them back if you dont get there in time, as it doesnt say that long on your wall. I want to try and be fair to everyone, but make it less time comsuming.

Advice appreciated. thanks.

lesleypsg1
06-05-11, 11:32 AM
I send out gifts really early in the morning...I'm up at 4 am most days.
Then during the day, I tip anyone who gifts me back first, then anyone who appears in my news feed, then anyone who left a message on my wall (if theyre not already covered in my feed).
That's the only way I can manage. Sort of my own bring forward system. I don't accept the gifts until I've tipped,watered, liked, whatever

suzysuzy34
06-05-11, 11:39 AM
thanks, its good to know what other people do. Anymore advice from other players appreciated.

dirigibl
06-05-11, 11:54 AM
I have the max number of neighbors (2000) in both RS and BS. There's no manageable way to tip them all, so I don't even try. I check my news feed once or twice in the morning before work, and several times throughout the evening. After i tip the people on my feed, I tip anyone who leaves a message on my wall, and I JUST DON'T WORRY about those that tipped and didn't leave a message when I wasn't checking. I do try to gift all my neighbors every day, though, since that can be done en masse.

greygull
06-05-11, 12:18 PM
Similar here. Gift everyone daily (except when needing to reset the time), tip all I can on the news, tip all from the wall, tip all those that send gifts. When I'm going through my neighbors list, I start in the Z's. If I need to take a break from it, I finish the letter I'm on (like S), then when I come back I start again with the R's. Since I can't remember all those I tipped before I started on the list, I do sometimes visit some twice. Once in a great while, I can leave extra tips for a few. It's very random, doesn't happen every day.

I've also seen some do it a different way. They visit someone to tip, and they gift at the same time. Gifting and tipping one at a time wouldn't work for me, but then you can just go to the next available gift person to see where you left off. I see how it's effective, you know exactly how many people you've tipped.

Hope some of this helps!

saintlover
06-05-11, 12:24 PM
Hi

I'm quite good at tipping all of my neighbours. I actually write a list and tick off everyone I have tipped, so I can be sure I have tipped, all of my three and four neighbours, but this is getting quite long, and time comsuming. I have over 90 neighbours on bakery, 50 on nightclub and I've only just started adding neighbours to restaurant.

What I'm wondering is, do you only tip back your neighbors that have left a message on your wall?

I find that if I haven't wrote down who I have tipped then I forget exactly who I been to, as there is no graded out option available if you have visited someone.

Also if a neighbor of three and four level doesnt leave a message and then its gone of your wall, then you may not get to tip them back if you dont get there in time, as it doesnt say that long on your wall. I want to try and be fair to everyone, but make it less time comsuming.

Advice appreciated. thanks.

I wish you were my neighbor in fashion, zoo and bakery... i dont play resturant :(

suzysuzy34
06-05-11, 12:36 PM
thanks, for the advice, I think I need to stop with writing everyone down on a list, its too time comsuming, i'll try going with all your advice and see if its any less time consuming, thanks.

suzysuzy34
06-05-11, 12:41 PM
ps to saintlover, I have sent you a private message with my storm id if you would like to add me. thanks.x

moratorro
06-06-11, 01:12 AM
I simply gift every day ALL of my neighbors (I have 50 or so) and I tip every day ALL of my 3/4 stars neighbors.
But I don't usually write on walls, because it's too much time consuming.
I write on walls only for three or four of my neighbors, the ones I'm more familiar with...