PDA

View Full Version : Server Restarts

farmerrobbo
06-04-11, 06:47 PM
Hi there, can you please post here when you are going to do a server restart so we can plan around it. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to access our games only to be told that the game will not work for some reason. Also not everyone lives in your time zone, so what may be 2am for you and prefect for maintenance, may well be 6pm and perfect for game play for others. A simple post on this wall will alleviate most people's issues.

GypsyLeeM
06-04-11, 06:54 PM
I'll ditto that request. In addition, it is beyond frustration to know your crops are spoiling, orders expiring, etc., but you can't even get into the game to take care of it. There ought to be some way that when you are doing maintenance, your down time can be added to the time everyone has to harvest, collect, etc.

Also, because your incredibly long and frequent server restarts also throw our gifting schedules off, it seems to me you ought to allow people an extra gifting day. To make that more concrete, I typically gift my neighbors in all my games as soon after midnight as possible. That means both that I know when I'm done for the day, and that most of my neighbors actually get their gifts. I already got bumped back to 1:30 a.m. due to server downtime earlier this week, and last night, you were down for hours at right about that time. Now I'm stuck. I can either gift people in the middle of the afternoon today, with many of them not getting the gift, or I have to skip a day of gifting, so that I can get back to the midnight schedule. If you basically gave a free day of gifting, I could gift today, and still gift again at midnight.

GypsyLeeM
06-04-11, 06:55 PM
And if I gift today, then I'll have to continue to gift mid-afternoon, because I'll be blocked from gifting at midnight tomorrow.

myporcelainlife
06-04-11, 11:56 PM
I fully agree, this is the only app I have that doesn't let the users know ahead of time when it's going down.Please either post on the forums or upon start up screen for the app.