PDA

View Full Version : Feedback

WarehamCity14
06-04-11, 11:00 AM
I have posted several times elsewhere, since the Forum reorganization is just as messed-up as the latest update! This most recent CityStory Update is an ATROCITY! I don't care about every new and just-out device, so forget Android for me. What IRRITATES me is that you dropped this LOUSY update on us without ANY information, without ANY warning, and MESSED up the entire game!!!! Somehow you decided to turn two of my banks, which have been in place and functioning for MONTHS (since the second week CityStory was available!!!!) and now you make them "Under Construction"???? I could see perhaps a NEW building, although after paying two million coins for a bottom of the rock UGLY apartment building, if you wanted me to provide additional materials I would probably DROP OUT in an INSTANT!!!! In fact, although I have reached Level 96 (and have been holding there for some time NOW) 2 million in population, max size, max factories, and have maxed all valuable contracts, I had intended to keep playing for awhile, just to see if you people at TeamLava EVER do anything RIGHT! Now I guess I know, you really just want to collect the MONEY from idiots who are willing to pay Real MONEY for nicely drawn, yet low population/happiness factor space-fillers! As I have said BEFORE on this forum (although it Is nice to be able to put my name on a post now - thanks, a YEAR LATE) DROP the constant Magic, Holiday, Halloween, Spring, etc..., Cases and focus on making the games WORK!!!!! Sign Me : SOON to be GONE if you don't BACK OUT this update and try doing something your user base WANTS!

GroupMagma
06-04-11, 11:38 AM
Moved to its own thread, and to the appropriate forum.

For your police station issue, if you restart the app, the problem will fix itself.

GypsyLeeM
06-04-11, 01:53 PM
To Group Magma,

You might want to post this info about the police station, fire station and banks somewhere in the City Game -- either FAQs or as a pop-up. Or at the very least, put an appropriately labeled sticky in the forum about it. I was pretty livid about the banks, etc., that I have owned for weeks suddenly disappearing and turning into "under construction," and I've had some traffic on my wall about it too. I don't mind if you want to try changing to the "construction materials" model for some of the buildings, but it should only apply to new buildings you are trying to acquire, not to ones you have already bought and paid for weeks ago. A better idea might have been to come up with some cool new buildings you could only get by collecting the construction materials from your friends. But even if you're going to apply it to the police and fire stations and banks, you should only change the rules going forward, not to buildings people have already bought and paid for.

I stumbled on this thread almost on accident, and you are right it works. But I really think you should consider getting the word out on the game site.

lesleypsg1
06-04-11, 02:03 PM
To Group Magma,

You might want to post this info about the police station, fire station and banks somewhere in the City Game -- either FAQs or as a pop-up. Or at the very least, put an appropriately labeled sticky in the forum about it. I was pretty livid about the banks, etc., that I have owned for weeks suddenly disappearing and turning into "under construction," and I've had some traffic on my wall about it too. I don't mind if you want to try changing to the "construction materials" model for some of the buildings, but it should only apply to new buildings you are trying to acquire, not to ones you have already bought and paid for weeks ago. A better idea might have been to come up with some cool new buildings you could only get by collecting the construction materials from your friends. But even if you're going to apply it to the police and fire stations and banks, you should only change the rules going forward, not to buildings people have already bought and paid for.

I stumbled on this thread almost on accident, and you are right it works. But I really think you should consider getting the word out on the game site.

Agree on all.

thirstytulip
06-05-11, 02:49 AM
GypsyLeeM - Very well put.

I recently started Zoo Story where the materials sharing thing was a new thing to me, but a clever extension of building/social aspects of the game. Had I not started the zoo, I would have been completely in the dark when a neighbour sent a bolt to me yesterday. I too have lost a couple of buildings - fire station and the bank - constructed some time ago, that need materials to complete. I don't know if this is a programming glitch, but the idea seems rather odd, that we are rebuilding long established buildings.

Rebooting does nothing for me...any advice, or direction to a section on faq for the new feature, Mods?

Thanks x

cristiej2
06-05-11, 06:53 AM
iPhone 4
I rebooted my phone as suggested by Moderator and that worked; however my previously owned fire station and bank keep going back to Under Construction every few hours. I haven't been able to figure out what triggers it....inactivity, working on the one fire stations I did purchase as a constructable. I keep rebooting but eventually it goes back.

sophiacml
06-05-11, 07:17 AM
As GM stated is a bug. So, forget about it. Just let it be till they fix the bug. I face the same thing as you but is quite annoying to restart my device just for the game for every few hours. We, basically can't do anything about it. Even we restart it, as you stated, it'll back to the bug thing. So, don't bother it till it's fixed.
iPhone 4
I rebooted my phone as suggested by Moderator and that worked; however my previously owned fire station and bank keep going back to Under Construction every few hours. I haven't been able to figure out what triggers it....inactivity, working on the one fire stations I did purchase as a constructable. I keep rebooting but eventually it goes back.

GypsyLeeM
06-06-11, 03:45 AM
The moderator said closing the game and restarting it would fix the problem, but this isn't completely true. It solves the problem temporarily, but the next time you collect, it reverts to "under construction." Having to reboot every time you collect is a pretty inelegant "solution."

Garfieldville
06-07-11, 12:59 AM
I agree, it's not so nice having to reboot every time, but it's not so bad either, I guess that the problem will be fixed soon.
I am happier to be able to get a police station without having to spend gems on it! :)
Another petition.... PLEASE can you put the stars back where they were? Cleaning cities became a pain since you put up the stars... And since then a lot of my oldest neighbors just abandoned the game....
On expansion... PLEASE do we get another expansion? I am on level 84, I have 18,5 million coins, tons of gifts I don't know what to do with (even selling them is difficult, since you have to place them before, and where, if I have no room?). I do not want to start buying a lot of skyscrapers since it will spoil my design...
I am a very happy user but with these few changes I will be even happier! :)
thank you

Garfieldville
06-07-11, 01:02 AM
Sorry forgot a positive remark... The French Restaurant is gorgeous!!! :)

xcellent
06-08-11, 10:15 PM
New updates huh! Upon learning frm a friend that there are new items in the list i went to check my abandoned city. Only to be disgusted with what i find out! The police station which i bought gems for is now by coins and materials can be collected thru friends! How is that?! And my fire station and bank are under constructions!restarting the game will show only a built bank/fire station, then the annoying termites will come creeping and return it to constructions again!

Upsetting is the police station where i spend gems on it! If u guys will give some thing new at least make it really new! Not renovation! Darn gems wasted!

Rachael98
06-09-11, 03:51 AM
The moderator said closing the game and restarting it would fix the problem, but this isn't completely true. It solves the problem temporarily, but the next time you collect, it reverts to "under construction." Having to reboot every time you collect is a pretty inelegant "solution."

It is a temporary solution until they can fix it!

berrie7020
06-10-11, 01:31 AM
Well said I agree it's a complete pain