PDA

View Full Version : Children being banned?

SweetChikara
06-03-11, 09:34 PM
Hey there...I have a very important question. I started a petition which has yielded a lot of responses and feedback in comments. I actually received an email from one of the people that signed the petition. Their childrens account has been banned! The parent reported their 12 year old child's wall for profanity and their child cannot play the game at all since it was revealed by the parent that their child is 12.

Now this is upsetting to me. YES I know that it's in TOS that kids under age 14 are not allowed to play, but to ban the kid instead of the person, aka aged 14-18, that cursed their kid out is a bit much. Let's keep in the mind the account belonged to the parent, and the parent chose to share it with their child. They play together. They sent me a fwd of the email lava sent them :(
[email removed -- please do not post Support emails in the forums]

This parent had a good kid play the game, purchased their child gems to enjoy, and now their child can't play anymore. The parent said they played the game with their child, meaning THEY the adult play the game as well, and one of their neighbors was harassed and then went after their account. The mom said she posted on their wall leave them and their child out of it, and they got cursed in return. The parent asked the abuser numerous times to leave them alone, only to find that they are banned instead of their abuser :(

Does lava realize how many people play the game that are under the age of 14? Are they going to ban every single kid "admitting" that they are under 14? I mean I think it's neat the parent gave the child's age on their own, and shared their account with them under supervision, but wow....I honestly don't know how to feel about this one. Why are they banning the wrong people first???

saintlover
06-03-11, 09:55 PM
Wow that's really sad. . Poor kid. I agree the parent is the account owner and if they let their child play with them supervised they should not be banned. Has the parent appealed the decision to TL? Clearly they are a reasonable company and will look at this on a ace by case basis, no?

trenae
06-03-11, 10:08 PM
As unfortunate a situation as it is, this topic really isn't forum appropriate. Matters/issues that involve player specific accounts/TOS should be handled directly through Support. If the parent has not already done so and would like any additional information, they should email TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com) for assistance or to discuss the matter further.

nekonight
06-03-11, 10:20 PM
This upsets my stomache. Im sick that you allowed the abuser to go UNPUNISHED!!!! And The Child did not install the game the mom did. Wrong Just Wrong... I agree the parent is the account owner and if they let their child play with them supervised they should not be banned. Parent bought the gems, parents account parents phone, SO TECHNICALLY YOU BANNED A PARENT FOR REPORTING ABUSE> YES IM AWARE OF CAPS> IM FURIOUS AT TEAM LAVA

nekonight
06-03-11, 10:22 PM
As unfortunate a situation as it is, this topic really isn't forum appropriate. Matters/issues that involve player specific accounts/TOS should be handled directly through Support. If the parent has not already done so and would like any additional information, they should email TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com) for assistance or to discuss the matter further.

I Disagree , Its Foum Appropriate
This is where we leave feed back.. How About Banning The Right People The Abusers...

SweetChikara
06-03-11, 10:31 PM
Yes, the Mom has tried for almost 2 weeks to get TL to ban the person who was degrading her wall. She received NO information at all UNTIL receiving that email saying what the rules are. They didn't tell her she was banned in the email. She found out trying to log in. They are on a banning spree, but it seems the people that are not cursing are going first for "spamming" and asking those who bother them to leave them alone.

I agree with nekonight, feedback is Lava should seriously ban the right people first and foremost, then go down the list of petty offenders. It's a backwards system. I honestly don't understand it. The parent did show me the 3 emails she sent lava with updates on the matter. Lava didn't respond up until reminding her of the TOS.

We do come here to offer feedback, support, or simply to read the updates going on :) I've seen more bad than good recently. It saddens me to see more and more responsible parents trying to share some fun times with their kids get punished for things they cannot control. If this parent had an option within the game to control the matter herself, I highly believe she wouldn't have a banned account.

It ruins the faith people have in playing anymore. It makes them want to drop it entirely and give up. But worst of all, it stripped them bare to the bones AFTER TL accepted their money. If she didn't have a single issue up until now, why ban her for what she didn't start? Her kid was with her :( It's her cellphone! Her kid can't use it without her :( Just makes no sense to me how this works :(

GroupMagma
06-03-11, 10:37 PM
Trenae is correct -- this topic is not forum appropriate. Violations of the Terms of Service, and information regarding an individual's account, are confidential matters between the user and TeamLava.

Information regarding violations of the Terms of Service should be handled directly with Support, at: support@teamlava.com. However, please note that writing in about another user's disciplinary action will likely not yield much of a response, as this information is confidential.