PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is the constructible silo? And whats in the new box?

bobbie629
06-03-11, 12:07 PM
Anyone know? Got the pop up on the constructible silo, but don't see it anywhere..

Also wondering what items are in the new box?

talyon
06-03-11, 12:08 PM
Possibly some of the updates can take a few days to roll out.

lauralafarm
06-03-11, 12:18 PM
Bought the constructible wellicht and you need your neighbours to send you building supplies to finish it, 4 supplies in case of the well. So now I'm hoping they will send these 

hectorloch
06-03-11, 01:44 PM
Does this explain why a nbr has "sent me wiring" ? I accepted - and it then appeared I had sent her the wiring. Interesting.

lesleypsg1
06-03-11, 01:50 PM
Is that the update? They just changed the silo? Already have two ....don't need more just to build.

And covered well? I bought that weeks ago. Is there actually anything new. I notice no new crops this round. Just wondering? Anyone see anything new?

Mogwai4111
06-03-11, 02:12 PM
There is a new magic box

lesleypsg1
06-03-11, 02:14 PM
Oh no! New boxes .....not a chance.

I'd be willing to buy gems as I have in the past....quite a lot...but not for that gamble that usually turns out to be soooooo not worth it. Too bad, bet that club/treehouse is in it I wanted. I'm not going to blow 100 bucks to end up with stuff I don't want and probably not get what I do want.

Seriously Team, you'd make more if you got rid of the boxes. I was ready to buy gems today if I saw new stuff out for sale that was nice, but not gonna buy for a box. Aside from that, I saw nothing new, so I'll save my money this week.

Nice to see update efforts tho. Please though, the material request to construct.....ick. Please don't get carried away in farm on this. It's a great game, please don't spoil it with that farmville type nonsense. Pretty please.

pluizje
06-03-11, 02:17 PM
Just noticed that the silo and the tool shed are now GEM stuff, they were coins before. Glad I already have them...and I have a feeling that the covered well got more "expensive" too...

MiniLaura
06-03-11, 02:19 PM
The well was a gem item before, wasn't it? So now you can buy it with coins if you "construct" it. I certainly hope that some people think that's an improvement.

MiniLaura
06-03-11, 02:22 PM
Just noticed that the silo and the tool shed are now GEM stuff, they were coins before.
The tool shed and silo are still coin items for me. Weird.

hectorloch
06-03-11, 03:12 PM
I bought the tool shed to see how it worked. Well, it's new and I am glad there are regular updates; 4 in 4 weeks. But old habits die hard and TL have added some of their elementary marketing ploys to the constructables. Buy it and you're stuck with it on the board - you can't store it. So there it sits - unfinished - until you gather in all the component bits from your nbr's OR, guess what, skip each of the stages for gems - or ALL of them for a bargain 40 gems !!! I sold it - at least there is a way out !

I agree with Lesley about the surprise boxes. TL's marketeers are having a laugh. It'll catch some people once, maybe twice if they were lucky first time. After that, it's a big switch off. Sell the stuff openly - dare I say honestly - I can't believe the overall sales of the stuff would be less.

bobbie629
06-03-11, 03:59 PM
I absolutely HATE constructible items! I stopped playing Farmville for this reason.. Looks like Farm Story is next to go! I hate building/breeding ****.. Not planning to build any, andi am sure neighbors will only gift those supplies so iwill lose out on gifts too.. UGH! I don't even have the option to buy the constructables yet.. Just the new box.

AngelsOnDollarBills
06-03-11, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I agree that it's an improvement that the well is now a coin item. I've been wanting it but unable to get it. I question the whole tool shed and silo though, so I better buy it and build it now in case they do that coin to gem item thing >.>''

blt1218
06-03-11, 04:45 PM
I got an I love mom sign from the new box. 4th place. What a waste of gems. BLT1218

lesleypsg1
06-03-11, 04:52 PM
Feeling a little ripped off since I bought the well for gems, now they switched it to coins.

Kinda makes me wonder if I should buy anything for gems again just in case it's offered for coins at some point

bobbie629
06-03-11, 08:45 PM
I got an I love mom sign from the new box. 4th place. What a waste of gems. BLT1218

Omg!! I'd be beyond upset! Not ***na spend any $$ on the new box!

blt1218
06-03-11, 09:44 PM
Yeah I know, seems like I always get the crappy prizes, 2 rabbits, a swing and now a sign! Where the heck are all the houses and pretty silos that everyone else gets?!

blt1218
06-03-11, 09:47 PM
Also can someone explain to me the process of "building" a well? I got bricks and tried to put them on the well and then they just dissapeared. Not in my inventory and well says I still have 0/10.

Bogglesfarm
06-03-11, 10:27 PM
Omg!! I'd be beyond upset! Not ***na spend any $$ on the new box!

I'm sorry I wasted my gems. I got the sign as well, along with a moose and a gazing ball that's broken and looks like the yellow house. I won't ever buy another box >.<

DoubleZ
06-04-11, 12:50 AM
I don't get the construction supplies. Someone gifted me planks of wood. Exactly what am I supposed to do with them? Tried placing them on my farm, but they're invisible...?? Put them back in inventory and now they're nowhere to be found.

I purchased a tool shed, covered well and silo long ago. Why would I want to build one? Why make the game so complicated? Please keep it simple. If I wanted complicated and involved, I'd be playing Farmville.

I do appreciate that you're now giving the promised weekly updates, but why not stick to things that we've asked for? I'd love to see a pond (there are ducks but nowhere for them to swim), blue flowers, a chicken coop, a combine and things like that. There also needs to be more expansion options for those over level 75. New crops are great, but that's still not much incentive to continue playing. We've still yet to see the option to delete invitees that never responded, either, something that should be accomplishable since you can already delete neighbors. I guess I don't get why so much time is being spent on adding unnecessaries, but zero time is put towards much needed and handy features.

Food for thought...

DoubleZ
06-04-11, 12:56 AM
Feeling a little ripped off since I bought the well for gems, now they switched it to coins.

Kinda makes me wonder if I should buy anything for gems again just in case it's offered for coins at some point

Same here! 

hectorloch
06-04-11, 05:18 AM

Just as well I didn't. I'd have given up farming and taken up coal mining - more illuminating by far :)

Solangel14
06-04-11, 11:03 AM
I don't get the construction supplies. Someone gifted me planks of wood. Exactly what am I supposed to do with them? Tried placing them on my farm, but they're invisible...?? Put them back in inventory and now they're nowhere to be found.

You don't do anything with them. When you accept it as a gift it will just count as you having it. You don't have to place it.

HerMadJesty
06-05-11, 06:42 AM

I got the same thing, I am disgusted. What a waste if gems.

bobbie629
06-05-11, 09:31 AM
They put out a chicken coop but guess what? It's in the box! Annoying! I didn't buy it but a neighbor did.

I agree with the PP about making things complicated. I have 2 tool sheds, a silo & a well.. No need for me to build them. Frankly they are making it more complicated like Farmville. I had given Farmville money weekly for over 2 years and just STOPPED playing all together when they made everything so complicated. I like the simplicity.

For me, I am sick of seeing all the things people request in boxes. But them in the store for gems if you are THAT hard up to get people's $$ no one wants to buy gems to get an unknown (and usually duplicate item). A box here and there is okay, but seriously, there are like 5-6 boxes! Each containing items we've begged and asked for. I don't want to gamble. Just sell em to me for gems and we are both happy!