PDA

View Full Version : Freeloaders?

deadpix
09-01-10, 02:29 AM
Both my sis and I were on FS last night making adjustments to our farms (both our farms were completely watered) when this FS player puts a message on both our walls, on mine followed by hers, that he had given us some water and that he needed a neighbor and perhaps we could water him back and add him.

We were about to add him when I went to the wrong tab (in the wrong grouping too) and noticed that his farm did not appear in the newsfeed, in fact, the last watering occurred more than 2 hours before he came in. When I checked with my sis, she noticed the same thing.

Just to be sure that the newsfeed was working, we plowed a single plot and planted a pineapple and got my nephew to water it from his farm.

It appears that this is one user who's hoping to make use of the small newsfeed buffer to get some free watering for his farm. Anyone else encountered something similar?

Unregistered
09-01-10, 02:41 AM
Regularly happens.

Unregistered
09-01-10, 04:56 AM
Oh yeah, I always check and return water or cleans for those in the News Feed first, then I check the Messages.

Unregistered
09-01-10, 11:04 AM
This is exactly why the news feed needs to longer and the ability to delete with older ones poping up after you delete one, just like the wall.

swati
09-04-10, 03:38 PM
Is it possible that this person actually did water, but because of the many FS bugs/glitches/crashes his message didn't get added to the news feed? I know that I have watered people, then had the game crash on me, and when I went back in, my watering had been undone. Just throwing this idea out there.

cherylene
09-05-10, 10:21 AM
maybe... it was being deleted from the news feed since there is only a certain number of news feed available to be displayed in this tab, whereas, the messages in the wall have the option to delete or retain and the capacity of messages being stored in the wall is bigger... just my thots...

jaxsLady1
09-05-10, 04:14 PM
maybe... it was being deleted from the news feed since there is only a certain number of news feed available to be displayed in this tab, whereas, the messages in the wall have the option to delete or retain and the capacity of messages being stored in the wall is bigger... just my thots...

I agree with the above writer since I had noticed the same problem that I had people claiming to have watered that were NOT on my newsfeed. But as I have been making good neighbours on both Farm Story and CIty Story, I notice that the newsfeed is often FAULTY. I am not sure of it's limitations but I have reliable and trustworthy neighbours who have cleaned who do not show on the newsfeed and if it wasn't for the fact that they had left me a message, I would never had known they had been in my farm/city!

So I guess the moral of the story is always leave a message if you wish your water donation acknowledged! On city story I have too many neighbours to accomplish this, so I acknowledge those who acknowledge me, and I just zoom down the rest otherwise I'd never get thru the 500 or so/ day. I do the same for gifting.

Unregistered
09-05-10, 10:14 PM
Its a bit of a pain, but I find that when I exit out of FS and then start it again there are often crops watered that weren't done when I exited... So when I plant crops like strawberries, or if I have been playing for some time, I will exit the app just before harvesting and then open it up again straight away, and there is often freshly watered plants ready to be harvested.

Unregistered
09-06-10, 12:23 PM
Is it possible that this person actually did water, but because of the many FS bugs/glitches/crashes his message didn't get added to the news feed? I know that I have watered people, then had the game crash on me, and when I went back in, my watering had been undone. Just throwing this idea out there.

This is TRUE and POSSIBLE...because it happened to me( both on FS &CS). Someone posted on another thread though, that it could be because two players are on the same lot or building at exactly same time. And only one makes it to the newsfeed.

If we would pay attention to the OP saying
in fact, the last watering occurred more than 2 hours before he came in it wont be the case of him dropping off the newsfeed coz if he is the last one to water... he should be on TOP of the newsfeed.

It appears that this is one user who's hoping to make use of the small newsfeed buffer to get some free watering for his farm. Anyone else encountered something similar?

I agree with most of the posters' comments about bug and glitches could be the cause of not getting on the newsfeed list. However, I have also encountered similar person who claims he watered my farm but same case with the OP, last one to water the last plot was way a few hours ago and yet demands me to water him back. Being aware of the bugs and glitches, I just watered back the same.

Funny thing was, just beneath the post 'I watered your farm, water mine back!' was my Japanese neighbour's post that says, 'mansui desu, mata kimasu' meaning... ' full, bbl '. -4 hours ago

deadpix
09-07-10, 02:22 AM
I decided to give that "neighbor" the benefit of the doubt and watered him for a couple of days but even though I kept a lookout for him on the newsfeed (I know it isn't very much) and on my wall, he just did not appear. I'm aware that he could have jumped in and out during the watering frenzy hours and not left a note, but his watering star rating is a nice round "O" despite the fact that his wall is covered with row after row of messages saying things like "Hi wtrd U back" or "wyb" or "emoji emoji emoji", etc...

This is one neighbor I'll be editing off.

Unregistered
09-28-10, 09:00 AM
Is it possible that he's tried to water but you have nothing to water when he shows up?