PDA

View Full Version : Team lava please read!

LukesEmpire
09-01-10, 02:01 AM
Recently, I have noticed that most people who are high levels do not have nice cities! Level 41's with about 100 cozy homes. All they do is pile their citys up with houses etc and just make them look stupud! So I question, what is the point to this game? Get a high level? By doing what, overloading a city like everyone else?

So, here is my view... Instead of having the red 4 stars, why not have a star rating for other useers to rate on the way the city looks? Or something a long the lines of that?

Please reply: LukeMHardy@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you! Storm8ID: LukesEmpire

Unregistered
09-01-10, 11:04 AM
You can tell what kind cities people have by looking at the smiles. If someone has a gray or blue face, they are most likely to be one of those people who "farm" their buildings. However, some are able to maintain a big smile even though they just cram a bunch of buildings in their city.

Unregistered
09-01-10, 12:39 PM
The point of the game is for you to be the "mayor" of your own city and build YOUR city the way you want. To build good relations with other cities by cleaning/helping and they in turn clean/help your city.

Everyone plays the way they want and to some it is important to level up fast to others they like designing (you should see some of the very creative farms on farm story - designs out of bays of hay, timing of the crops to be ready at the same time is amazing). Everyone has different ideas as to what is right for their city/farm and it is just a game.

You have posted on similar threads complaining about how other cities look and wanting a ranking/leaderboard or TeamLave to do something about it. I have a question for you, why do you care what someone elses city/farm looks like? It does not effect you at all. You do not have to clean a city you do not want to, you do not even have to go and see it. Do you want all of the cities to look alike? That would be really boring. If you feel it is not fair that they have (what you call) "stupid/ugly" cities and are leveling up fast or getting alot of cash, feel free to do the same and have a city of all buildings for a while to you get to the level you want. Or is it that you feel your city is just so beautiful and you want everyone to see and appreicate it? Well...There is a city/farm of the week on the fourm if you feel your city is that great post a pic there (more people will see your city on the forum) and hopefully you will win some gems. Just remember "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". What you think is great someone else might not. Also people who have been playing longer will have more money/higher levels to buy bigger & better things for their cities. So than someone will complain that is not fair and demand something else. Plus there was a glitch and some people have a ton of money and so they can expand and buy anything for their cities. How would that be fair?

The 4 star rating is so other "mayors/farmers" know if you are a person that cleans/waters back. It gives everyone information about you, weither you are good to the community as a whole. For the most part people will remember you always clean their city, send them gifts and do not post bad comments on their wall more than that you have a great looking city.

So make your city what you want it to be and let everyone else do the same, without critizing or complaining about the look of others.

Unregistered
09-01-10, 01:29 PM
The point of the game is for you to be the "mayor" of your own city and build YOUR city the way you want. To build good relations with other cities by cleaning/helping and they in turn clean/help your city.

Everyone plays the way they want and to some it is important to level up fast to others they like designing (you should see some of the very creative farms on farm story - designs out of bays of hay, timing of the crops to be ready at the same time is amazing). Everyone has different ideas as to what is right for their city/farm and it is just a game.

You have posted on similar threads complaining about how other cities look and wanting a ranking/leaderboard or TeamLave to do something about it. I have a question for you, why do you care what someone elses city/farm looks like? It does not effect you at all. You do not have to clean a city you do not want to, you do not even have to go and see it. Do you want all of the cities to look alike? That would be really boring. If you feel it is not fair that they have (what you call) "stupid/ugly" cities and are leveling up fast or getting alot of cash, feel free to do the same and have a city of all buildings for a while to you get to the level you want. Or is it that you feel your city is just so beautiful and you want everyone to see and appreicate it? Well...There is a city/farm of the week on the fourm if you feel your city is that great post a pic there (more people will see your city on the forum) and hopefully you will win some gems. Just remember "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". What you think is great someone else might not. Also people who have been playing longer will have more money/higher levels to buy bigger & better things for their cities. So than someone will complain that is not fair and demand something else. Plus there was a glitch and some people have a ton of money and so they can expand and buy anything for their cities. How would that be fair?

The 4 star rating is so other "mayors/farmers" know if you are a person that cleans/waters back. It gives everyone information about you, weither you are good to the community as a whole. For the most part people will remember you always clean their city, send them gifts and do not post bad comments on their wall more than that you have a great looking city.

So make your city what you want it to be and let everyone else do the same, without critizing or complaining about the look of others.

Here, here. I made a similar comment within the forum. Why do ppl care so much, care so much to ruin someone else's version of the game or way to relax. Really, what's it to them? Play the way they want, and leave others alone to do how they wish. The comments about fairness confuse me as this is NOT a competitive game. If it were it would not be on my iPad.

No offense lukes empire, but if this is what u really want for the game...dictate how others enjoy and spend their relax time, I hope the team doesn't give u the mod job u were looking for. Sorry, but there's many ways for ppl to enjoy things, and each of us is so different. Cheers

Unregistered
09-25-10, 07:58 AM
how do you expand your land so that you can avoid building everything so close together?

Unregistered
09-25-10, 06:56 PM
I think some players doing the pile/farming, just to level up - may have these reasons:
- new to the game
- have not come across a beatuiful city (such as mine )
- too lazy / can't invest the time & effort
- thought this is a race to the higher level / population
- trying too hard to earn game coins
(understand that they can buy "real" items and/or more factories ... later on in the game)

So my view is to ignore them if you don't like them...
Personally; I don't add these players as my neighbors.

My backgrounds:
- have been playing over a month, level 50+ with a 6 figure populations
- from day 1; the primary goal is A Nice City -- for myself & my neighbors
- there is absolutely no "repeated" items > 5, except flowers/hedge/factories/roads..etc

My suggestions to make this game more Interesting and rewarding:
Instead of just cleaning... YES, we should have a system to rate a city
I.E., from 1 to 6 for the design ... then teamlava average it out and combine with the other 4 stars. For a single rating of 10.
-- there should be some kind of reward/recogition/incentive for the players who spend the time and effort
-- this will also help me to find "good" neighbors
-- this may stop other players just to put rows & rows of gifted items
(bottom line, there is really no reason to do it after level 41)

 I believe this should make the game better !!!

Unregistered
09-27-10, 02:08 PM
^^^ High horse: get off it.

Just because you play a certain way, doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you. Also, without repeating items, your city is going to end up being pretty limited.

Unregistered
09-27-10, 03:49 PM
May be you did not "read" my stuff carefully before your reply.
I am not the OP.

And where do I ask others to agree with me?
{Side Bar: Is being the majority ... Always make it right !?}

I am just stated my views and suggestions ... As I said before; you can play the way you want.
And I will just ignore you --- and It is my choice.

Since I done it already (yes; it do take time & effort) , so I am sure you are wrong as in "limited" city without a lot of repeated items. I have only 90 tag-able items on a 20x20 cities.

So.. You are saying??? Let's assuming some numbers here:
- when 80% players behave one way and the rest 20% explore another
- may be 95% don't care 1 way or another
- but when that particular 5% speak up... They were shut down

Now; Who in the high horse??? I think you smell like one 

^^^ High horse: get off it.

Just because you play a certain way, doesn't mean everyone else agrees with you. Also, without repeating items, your city is going to end up being pretty limited.

Unregistered
09-27-10, 04:15 PM
What? Your punctuation is so abysmal, I can barely comprehend what you're driving at. The ellipsis, triple hyphen, random bullet points, etc just get in the way. Try a normal sentence ;)

My point was that you made some snide comments, such as the one about "helping (you) find 'good' neighbors". You sound as though you think you're better than other players.

Unregistered
09-27-10, 05:04 PM
Yes, I can't write properly now, so don't brother to reply...

I may not be able to read your garbage.

I am NOT better than others, but keep in mind:

I AM BETTER THAN YOU. 