PDA

View Full Version : I cannot breed my alligator/croc/whatever the green dude is

totsandtrinkets
06-01-11, 07:53 PM
Can someone please help? I DO have TWO crocodiles, both purchased with gems of course. I specifically "budgeted" my gems in such a way that I would have exactly 2 gems leftover in order to BREED a third Crocodile. However, whether I attempt to breed by clicking on the actual animal and managing it, or by clicking on the "Breed" icon on the bottom right of the screen, it does not work. The crocodile DOES show up as one of the available animals for breeding. It DOES show that I have 2 gems, and the crocodile costs 2 gems to breed (again, I already have 2 crocodiles). However, when I choose the crocodile, all it does is go back to the breeding nest screen. It does NOT place an egg in the nest and it does NOT subtract gems from my balance.

I know this is not an issue on my end, as I have tried the following remedies:
1. I rebooted my iPad in order to refresh the game. Still no change.
2. I have had success breeding every single other animal. I even bred another one just yesterday in order to ensure that it was not a glitch with the breeding process as a whole. Every other animal breeds perfectly (although I am a bit disturbed by the fact that lions and llamas and bears and such are laying eggs in nests....hmmm....if only humans had that ability, then perhaps I wouldn't be suffering through morning sickness...anyway...).

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Storm8 ID: totsandtrinkets
Zoo Name: The ZOO for YOU

elliejean
06-02-11, 02:07 PM
I have the same problem with trying to breed my eagles :(

talyon
06-02-11, 02:58 PM
Make sure your zoo is big enough and that you have enough service structures fully built this is needed to breed and add animals.

avgirl927
06-27-11, 08:50 PM
Same problem here. 2 crocodiles, 2 gems, 3 habitats available, but no breeding allowed.

Rockinkitten
07-03-11, 08:09 AM
I think I worked out what the problem was. I also had 2 gems and tried for weeks to breed the croc. Then I had 52 gems and tried again, and it worked!
So I think that although the baby croc only costs 2 gems, you need at least 3 to breed it. Probably a glitch somewhere... The baby croc is cute though!

aliceplayer
08-07-11, 08:08 PM
same issue, 2 crocodiles, 2 gems, cant breed..... :(

saintlover
08-07-11, 08:43 PM
I get the same thing too. The game won't let you breed down to 0 gems

Swiminn6
08-08-11, 07:12 PM
Thanks for letting me know! I just told the team about it.

For now I am going to move this thread to the "TeamLava Bugs and Feedback" for further discussion.

denance11
08-18-11, 08:20 AM
I have the same problem - 2 tigers, 10 gems and I can't breed a new tiger.

The same by turtles and crocs.

denance11
08-29-11, 11:32 AM
I think You don't interessted to care about this problem, because so you get more money :(

Leire22
08-30-11, 12:05 PM
I have also same problem, i have 2 diff animals for gems, and could not bread even had enough gems. Later i spent gems for something diff, cuz i was really angry, that i cant breed. To me if there would not be enough of Services or so, system would tell me, cuz it did in past. So to me this is bug.

Leire22
08-30-11, 12:07 PM
I see it is old thread and TL does not care to fix this, thats really unbelievable. Instaed they make mad players on them cuz are taking recipes and content away without let us know in advance, it is big BS.

Hawaiianmomma
08-31-11, 02:41 PM
It's a bug honey and they are shuffling their feet on fixing it..........you will have to wait til they get around to it.

lilnightowl7
10-08-11, 09:13 PM
I guess they( teamlava) have not fixed this problem. I have more then enough services and more the enough gems . I bought two dragons at 50 gms ea. and added an additional 50 gms to breed, which was only 25 gms I had a total of 47 gms. I think I will no longer buy gems from Zoo story until they fix this. Its a shame to, I only needed to get the pandas.

ariesblu
10-08-11, 09:43 PM
At this point it's unknown when or if they'll ever get around to fixing it.