PDA

View Full Version : Pavlova-please!!!!!

redbites
06-01-11, 04:01 PM
Pavlova is my most favorite food in the world!!!! can you please add it? I will do anything
Here is an image:
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/kodymelba/pavlova.jpg

GroupMagma
06-01-11, 05:19 PM
I have personally never heard of this dish. Apparently (according to Wikipedia), it has origins in New Zealand.

I know there are a lot more highly requested items in Bakery Story right now, so you'd have to get a Pavlova campaign going for this to make the cut. But I'll definitely let the dev team know. :)

redbites
06-01-11, 05:24 PM
Are you really going to believe everything wikipedia says? It was cooked and invented by an Australian chef in the 30s and my family has been cooking it for years

GroupMagma
06-01-11, 05:25 PM
Are you really going to believe everything wikipedia says?

It got me through college...
(joking!)
(mostly)

redbites
06-01-11, 05:27 PM
yeah wikipedia has helped me a fair bit, but it is very easy to edit text other people have created (I have tried and suceeded)

driftboutique
06-01-11, 06:04 PM
Regardless of whether it originates in Australia or New Zealand, I think GM is right to think this is a regional dish most people will not be familiar with. Also... umm... it sort of looks gross :(

redbites
06-01-11, 06:12 PM
Regardless of whether it originates in Australia or New Zealand, I think GM is right to think this is a regional dish most people will not be familiar with. Also... umm... it sort of looks gross :(
Of course it looks gross to you, obviously I can tell all you eat is junkfood and you definately can't eat anything healthy

GroupMagma
06-01-11, 06:15 PM
Of course it looks gross to you, obviously I can tell all you eat is junkfood and you definately can't eat anything healthy

Reminds me a bit of trifle, actually -- one of my favorite desserts (though I believe it's English in origin).

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090224180353/uncyclopedia/images/1/1a/Berry-trifle.jpg

Can't tell from the pic, but I've always had it with kiwi and mango as well. Delicious...

redbites
06-01-11, 06:17 PM
Reminds me a bit of trifle, actually -- one of my favorite desserts (though I believe it's English in origin).

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090224180353/uncyclopedia/images/1/1a/Berry-trifle.jpg

Can't tell from the pic, but I've always had it with kiwi and mango as well. Delicious...
That looks very delicious, how about adding it to bakery story? Or perhaps scones or english muffins

cwmw
06-02-11, 06:45 AM
Parfait is also a yummy suggestionhttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RSsHZGuITFo/TLuMOmutUUI/AAAAAAAAAoA/CtlyXoI2WLI/s1600/parfait.jpg

bobbyrae
06-02-11, 06:49 AM
Pavlova is actually pretty good..

honane
06-02-11, 07:02 AM
I would love pavlova so much!

driftboutique
06-02-11, 09:18 AM
Wait, what?

bobbyrae
06-02-11, 09:44 AM
Lol...drift, the pic doesn't do it justice :)

driftboutique
06-02-11, 09:50 AM
Lol...drift, the pic doesn't do it justice :)

It definitely looks tastier in some of the other pictures on google images! I'd still rather see a key lime pie... Mmm, key lime pie ;)

nekonight
06-02-11, 11:43 AM
OMG!!! Post the PAVLOVA recipee now that you made me very hungry.. It looks Good

Larich45
06-03-11, 10:06 PM
Nothing like trifle. It's made with egg whites and sugar - it is soft gooey meringue inside with a hard meringue crust on the outside. Top it with cream and fruit. Traditionally with passion fruit kiwi and strawberries but any fruit goes. Google Donna Hay's Australian masterchef recipe. It's the best one I've tried so far. Got my vote for pav at the bakery!

bawpotter
06-04-11, 05:30 AM
I prefer to have parfaits with blackberries, but if you were going to add it into BS, then you should do strawberry.

lesleypsg1
06-04-11, 05:35 AM
Ok, now that I've seen a pic, looks yummy.

Oh ya, trifle....love that, pls add

I can make trifle .
But what the recipe for pavlova? May want to try that 

Generica
06-04-11, 05:40 AM

Wow fancy learning about another culture from a game. Who on earth would think that's a good idea? :confused:

I'm not a pav fan, but hey, I would never have thought to make pumpkin pie either, each to their own tastes and regional dishes. Put down my vote for pav to be included.

driftboutique
06-04-11, 06:53 AM
Wow fancy learning about another culture from a game. Who on earth would think that's a good idea? :confused:

I'm not a pav fan, but hey, I would never have thought to make pumpkin pie either, each to their own tastes and regional dishes. Put down my vote for pav to be included.

Oh, yes, that's exactly what I said, I'm a xenophobe who hates learning. You sure have me pegged.

cubbish
06-04-11, 12:24 PM
Meh, I'm not really a huge fan of Pavlova - too sweet for my liking. They should create some nice British dishes, like bread & butter pudding :)

redbites
06-04-11, 12:27 PM
They could add english muffins