PDA

View Full Version : Gifts Questions? How it works?

Ginger14u
05-31-11, 04:55 PM
New at the game of TL. Whenever I get gifts, I swap back as soon as possible. My questions are:
1. I clicked , sent the gift item , then you get this box that says they have already max out the 20 gifts allowed daily, and tomorrow something? Does it mean they 'll get it the ff. day? I tried checking their site, and click the gift flag, it says i already sent it? But w/c one? The old one or new one?
2. Another is, I clicked, accept the gift and got this box that says "ZERO MESSAGES". No options box to choose what gifts to sent. I feel horrible if my neighbor will think that I did not sent back gifts. I did post messages about the situation. This happened 2x today for the first time. Is something wrong?
3. Is there time expiration on gifts if u don't put it on racks or tables right away? If so, how long can u keep it on the catalog slots? I'm still level 18, so still plenty of slots.
4. How many gifts can u send a day? Is it 20x, same as receiving? And it doesn't matter what gift items u sent?
5. It get really confusing when u received gifts, click accept, choose gift items, then choose....Darn... u get scroll of neighbors... i lost track who send me the gift. I had to click "X" as it won't allow me to go back and check who. So, I just check the catalog slot and go back to main button, find neighbor and sent the gift.

Any Help???

bobbyrae
06-02-11, 06:31 AM
New at the game of TL. Whenever I get gifts, I swap back as soon as possible. My questions are:
1. I clicked , sent the gift item , then you get this box that says they have already max out the 20 gifts allowed daily, and tomorrow something? Does it mean they 'll get it the ff. day? I tried checking their site, and click the gift flag, it says i already sent it? But w/c one? The old one or new one?

Any Help???

They don't get the gift at all i think. But not to worry, just wait until you can send a gift the nxt day. You cld probably write on their wall that you tried to send gift but they maxed out for the day and just leave tips/likes instead.

GroupMagma
06-02-11, 09:59 AM
They don't get the gift at all i think. But not to worry, just wait until you can send a gift the nxt day. You cld probably write on their wall that you tried to send gift but they maxed out for the day and just leave tips/likes instead.

This is correct, as I understand it.

bobbyrae
06-03-11, 08:55 AM
Do gifts or for that matter, mastery items expire, though?

talyon
06-03-11, 09:36 AM
1. Once a neighbour has received a max of 20 gifts for the day they can't receive any more for a 22 hour period. So they can't receive more then that. The gift icon well re highlight after the 22 hour time period then you can send.

2. If your neighbour is eligible to receive gift your neighbor list well highlight each neighbor to gift in the list.

3. Unclear about this as I've had gifts go bad, early in release of the game. This was in my slots. But I've left gifts recently in my slots for a day or so and they didn't go bad so???

4. 20 gifts isnthe max to receive. Their is no max that I know of as to how manynu can send. If u have 2000 neighbors you can send 2000 gifts. But some or many of them might have already received their max of 20.

5. Simply after you receive all your gifts just use your neighbor list and return gifts to all in that list.

Hope this helps a bit.

talyon
06-03-11, 09:36 AM
Do gifts or for that matter, mastery items expire, though?

Not that im aware of.

saintlover
06-03-11, 10:41 AM
Gifts dont go bad and stay in your inventory until you use them. I have saved up gifts for weeks and weeks til i had a freed up table.

You can send every person a gift in your neighbor list once per day. You can receive only 20. If you want your gifts to be received, then you need to send them as early in the day as you can. Which may mean you have to skip a day in order to get into an earlier slot. The gifting ability resets itself every 24 hours so if you gifted at 3pm you cant send gifts again til 3pm the following day regardless of whether they received them or not.

I gift first thing in the morning to everyone in one fell swoop then come back through out the day to tip/tour/like/etc those reset at 12am PST every day.

Ginger14u
06-04-11, 05:37 AM
Thanks a lot!!! Now I can initiate in sending out gifts, instead of waiting as I was in bind whether there is enough gifts in reserve to swap w/. LOL.

talyon
06-04-11, 05:49 AM
Yvw. Enjoy your gift giving exp.

bobbyrae
06-06-11, 10:15 AM
Thanks a lot!!! Now I can initiate in sending out gifts, instead of waiting as I was in bind whether there is enough gifts in reserve to swap w/. LOL.

Well, remember that it doesn't cost you anything to send a gift. It doesn't come out of a gift reserve. Neither do "likes". They don't cost you anything either.