PDA

View Full Version : Island & Empire Of Two Weeks

sophiacml
05-29-11, 04:58 AM
Maybe there wasn't too many posting on both stories last week to win the contest. My question is are we allow to post twice? It doesn't really make sense to combine 2 weeks even if is not that many postings. Beside, is not like just one post! TL shouldn't combine it!

sophiacml
05-30-11, 08:07 PM
Groupmagma, i need answer from you!

GroupMagma
05-30-11, 09:56 PM
Please note that I'm not always around to check the forums on weekends (Monday is a US holiday, so we have an extended break). I do try to check sporadically during the weekend, and I usually check my PM/VMs, so don't hesitate to send me one of those if I don't get to your message.

Also, I sent you a VM with this info just now, but I didn't see this thread, so I'll go ahead and paste my response.

Less people compete in those two Story competitions, so it did not seem fair to the entire TL community to allow those participants more chances to win Gems. Consider participants of the Bakery of the Week, who usually get 10+ pages of entries for their threads; it doesn't seem fair to limit their chances of success as compared to Empire and Treasure (who might get 2-3 pages), particularly when its generally the same people competing every week, most of whom have already won Gems anyhow.

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with this arrangement, but these are the new limits set by TeamLava for these events.

sophiacml
05-31-11, 06:56 PM
You should change the thread title then! Not WEEKLY EVENT/CONTEST but FORTNIGHT! You TL is just one good manipulative deceptive company all the times! First Weekly Updates! Now even the contest & event! You guys only think about your company fairness but neglecting customers' satisfactions. Very well done!

P.S. - For those who would like to know more info, visit my message board & you'll see how GM replied me.

GroupMagma
05-31-11, 07:10 PM
One could also state that the title is misleading since *two* winners are chosen in that span, whereas the titles are singular.

Again -- I'm sorry that you are not happy with the new arrangement, but these are the new rules for these contests.

driftboutique
05-31-11, 07:26 PM
One could also state that the title is misleading since *two* winners are chosen in that span, whereas the titles are singular.

Again -- I'm sorry that you are not happy with the new arrangement, but these are the new rules for these contests.

I just wanted to say that I appreciate that TL even offers these contests. I know I might be biased as a recent winner, but it's fun and exciting and a good way to let people have a chance at free gems. And I think doing the low-traffic games every two weeks is totally fair.

That said, maybe it just seems less fun because you don't get that excitement at the end of every week -- maybe it could be one winner every one week instead of two winners every two weeks?

Mogwai4111
05-31-11, 08:07 PM
There's a radio personality here in the US named Adam Carolla (one of the most clever, witty people in radio), and one of the segments on his show is a bit called "What can't Adam complain about?".

People will call in to suggest something seemingly impossible to complain about, such as "baby puppies" so as to challenge him to come up with a complaint. Everytime, without fail, he is able to craft a pretty lengthy rant on the given subject. Impressive stuff, highly entertaining.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that, were Sophia to do a guest spot on that bit, I believe she would put Adam Carolla to shame. (And I mean that in the nicest way possible)

sophiacml
05-31-11, 11:50 PM
Driftboutique, do you even play both Empire & Treasure Stories?
I just wanted to say that I appreciate that TL even offers these contests. I know I might be biased as a recent winner, but it's fun and exciting and a good way to let people have a chance at free gems. And I think doing the low-traffic games every two weeks is totally fair.

That said, maybe it just seems less fun because you don't get that excitement at the end of every week -- maybe it could be one winner every one week instead of two winners every two weeks?

sophiacml
05-31-11, 11:54 PM
Is facts I'm stating. Sound sarcastic, so that's how it is supposed to be when I felt being *****ed by TL. You probably think I'm the second chvchv. Honestly, even the game itself is free but TL indeed trying to earn money from players & there we go *****ed again & again for WEEKLY UPDATES till the forum has been floating with complains for more than half year. Was it players problems that we didn't get the weekly updates? I doubt it. I appreciate the weekly event/contest, but I absolutely felt being misled, misguided, mis whatever by TL along the way with the word WEEKLY! I might not a caucasian with perfect English but I do understand the word WEEKLY!
There's a radio personality here in the US named Adam Carolla (one of the most clever, witty people in radio), and one of the segments on his show is a bit called "What can't Adam complain about?".

People will call in to suggest something seemingly impossible to complain about, such as "baby puppies" so as to challenge him to come up with a complaint. Everytime, without fail, he is able to craft a pretty lengthy rant on the given subject. Impressive stuff, highly entertaining.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that, were Sophia to do a guest spot on that bit, I believe she would put Adam Carolla to shame. (And I mean that in the nicest way possible)

Mogwai4111
06-01-11, 12:34 AM
Your english is just fine, don't worry about that :)

Just saying, TL has given you a free app, and events to earn free gems, and still you find a way to complain. Impressive, really!

Mogwai4111
06-01-11, 12:36 AM
And I know.. I know, if I don't like your complaining I should stop reading your posts. I'm working on it, promise!

sophiacml
06-01-11, 04:11 AM
Funny, even though is a FREE app, they still earn money from the game! And that's exactly the point! Unless everything is free, otherwise what makes you think I ain't the only person who is complaining? Is the way how TL advertised & manipulated gamers to fall for it. Maybe you're so rich not to bother to spend money on the games. Or maybe you don't even ever use a single dime to buy gems or anything. But there are tons of us who did!
Your english is just fine, don't worry about that :)

Just saying, TL has given you a free app, and events to earn free gems, and still you find a way to complain. Impressive, really!

driftboutique
06-01-11, 09:16 AM
Driftboutique, do you even play both Empire & Treasure Stories?

Why would I have to play both of them in order for my opinion to be relevant?

sophiacml
06-01-11, 06:20 PM
Cause if you do play both the games, you'll feel we, the players' feeling that maybe you can be a little consideration!
Why would I have to play both of them in order for my opinion to be relevant?

driftboutique
06-04-11, 09:21 PM
I still don't understand why playing both games would be relevant. I play Treasure but not Empire, so I guess my opinion is worthless, eh?

sophiacml
06-04-11, 10:16 PM
Cause you actually agree that TL should have 2 weeks contests seem to be fair to you. Why don't you suggest it on the rest of the stories like RS or BS then. You do play TS but maybe you aren't active at all, just login once in a while or you're still new with the game, for ES, you don't even play it, how do you know the feeling of this game players? As I mentioned, you have the slightest consideration on players that's why you don't see the relevant!
I still don't understand why playing both games would be relevant. I play Treasure but not Empire, so I guess my opinion is worthless, eh?

driftboutique
06-05-11, 08:40 AM
Cause you actually agree that TL should have 2 weeks contests seem to be fair to you. Why don't you suggest it on the rest of the stories like RS or BS then. You do play TS but maybe you aren't active at all, just login once in a while or you're still new with the game, for ES, you don't even play it, how do you know the feeling of this game players? As I mentioned, you have the slightest consideration on players that's why you don't see the relevant!

Or maybe I'm level 75 and play daily? What's that do to your theory?

Maybe I just have a different opinion from you, and it's not because I'm faulty in some way, but just because there are different sides to all situations and some people are not going to see eye to eye with you. I don't know why you can't just accept that without trying to silence dissent.

sophiacml
06-06-11, 12:42 AM
You know what, since you able to state silence dissent, I'm just wondering, why even you start to voice out. I tell you what, the way I see it, is not anyone's fault but absolutely TL's fault. So, I'll zip it here. For me, if you think TL is doing a great job for not updating both ES & TS or even is fair enough to have 2 weeks contests for these mentioned stories, congratulation to you cause this is exactly what they're doing now. You win, happy? Voila...
Or maybe I'm level 75 and play daily? What's that do to your theory?

Maybe I just have a different opinion from you, and it's not because I'm faulty in some way, but just because there are different sides to all situations and some people are not going to see eye to eye with you. I don't know why you can't just accept that without trying to silence dissent.

driftboutique
06-06-11, 04:55 AM
You know what, since you able to state silence dissent, I'm just wondering, why even you start to voice out. I tell you what, the way I see it, is not anyone's fault but absolutely TL's fault. So, I'll zip it here. For me, if you think TL is doing a great job for not updating both ES & TS or even is fair enough to have 2 weeks contests for these mentioned stories, congratulation to you cause this is exactly what they're doing now. You win, happy? Voila...

Wow.

So since I know you're going to tell me that my opinion isn't as valuable as yours, I should just censor myself so as to not waste your time? It's early for me, maybe I'm misunderstanding. I have to be.

I didn't win anything. I'm not trying to get them to take anything away from you. I didn't write them and ask them to please give away fewer gems just to vex you. But I think it's pretty arrogant to come in here and essentially yell "the free things you give me aren't enough! It's unfair that you don't give me more free things!" I mean, that's bold. What else can I say?