PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading?

Donnahh
05-28-11, 04:05 AM
I just got a tablet from my husband for our first wedding anniversary (he argues it's "electronic paper" and counts as a viable gift. I love it!!) and I'm so happy I am not spending heaps on paper books anymore.

So far I have read:

Water for elephants - Sara Gruen
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - Aimee Bender
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

I've read an additional 17 books but these are the three I loved the most, that I stayed up late into the night reading. My dad sent me a disc with 10,000 epub books on it and I'm wading through titles and authors, trying to find the best next read ...

What's the best book you have read lately?

(I recommend all of Sara Douglass' books to anyone that loves fantasy ... she is my favorite author!!)

Mogwai4111
05-28-11, 11:31 AM
I recently read Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell. There's no real 'story' persay, just a guy talking about his life as a tramp in Paris, and then moving on and traveling to London. If you like to read authors simply because they have an advanced command of language, you might like this.

I usually prefer to read the classics. Pride and Prejudice is another that comes to mind, I just started Crime and Punishment, and of course I have to mention Ayn Rand, one of the most influential authors of all time.

And then I mix in the occassional Dr. Seuss book from time to time ;)

sissy8
05-28-11, 03:30 PM
the newspapers

aaralyynnoel
04-04-12, 11:54 PM
Absoulutely nothing! I'm on spring break!B)

oxford37
04-04-12, 11:57 PM
I read newspapers....

aaralyynnoel
04-05-12, 12:04 AM
Newspapers? Yuck!!!!! Lol. Jkkk

jumphigh128
04-06-12, 07:29 AM
I'm reading inheritance by Christopher paolini. It's the last book in the eragon series. Here, eragon will finally defeat galbatorix and everybody will live happily ever after! But then, according to Angela, the fortune teller, he'll one day leave alegaisia and NEVER return.....

kattybell
04-06-12, 07:35 AM
I'm reading inheritance by Christopher paolini. It's the last book in the eragon series. Here, eragon will finally defeat galbatorix and everybody will live happily ever after! But then, according to Angela, the fortune teller, he'll one day leave alegaisia and NEVER return.....

I love this book!

jumphigh128
04-06-12, 11:59 AM
I know ! It's rocks!

AnnasCoffee
04-06-12, 12:15 PM
the Bible (Deuteronomy)

RealFarmer1222
04-06-12, 12:16 PM
the Bible (Deuteronomy)

uggghhh...probably the most boring book off The Bible (along with Numbers)

AnnasCoffee
04-06-12, 12:43 PM
It is very repetitive! Some times I check to see if I'm on the right page because it seems like I already read this! ... Because I DID... The two books are very similar. But I love them anyway :)

pinksugar800
04-06-12, 11:09 PM
I read a lot..i last read a magazine called Thats Life, look it up if you like! Ladies will love it:)

RealFarmer1222
04-07-12, 06:21 AM
Job and Daniel are my favorite OT books.

atlantisonearth
04-08-12, 06:36 PM
I like to read... books.

In particular, The Inheritance of Loss.

pops1972
04-08-12, 07:19 PM
I am reading the scarlet pimpernel and Anne of green gables.

cupcakes4cece
04-08-12, 08:49 PM
I am reading the scarlet pimpernel and Anne of green gables.

If you like the Anne series, try the prequel, "Before Green Gables". I read it recently and it was quite good.

I'm currently reading the sequel to A Little Princess, which I only just recently found out about. It's called "Wishing for Tomorrow". I wish I could have read it when I was younger, because I would have been much more impressed with it. I'm finding it hard to enjoy middle grade books these days, even when the subject really interests me, or it's by my favorite author, or it's related to an old favorite book like in this case. :-(

pops1972
04-08-12, 10:13 PM
If you like the Anne series, try the prequel, "Before Green Gables". I read it recently and it was quite good.

I'm currently reading the sequel to A Little Princess, which I only just recently found out about. It's called "Wishing for Tomorrow". I wish I could have read it when I was younger, because I would have been much more impressed with it. I'm finding it hard to enjoy middle grade books these days, even when the subject really interests me, or it's by my favorite author, or it's related to an old favorite book like in this case. :-(
Thank you. I haven't read the prequel. I read the Anne series 20 years ago. I still love Anne.

dalula
04-10-12, 03:04 PM
Desperation...
(I havent watched the movie yet, and i dont think i will. the book is grossing me out.)