PDA

View Full Version : Food sellout--beat this!!!

cakeandpie
05-26-11, 08:12 PM
So I was hit by the fast food sellout bug again. For weeks and weeks I had my bakery closed and was building up my food stocks so that I could one day have my bakery open 24/7 and never run out. I have a counter for every food in the cookbook so I could have every one out on display.

Well, I decided to "re-open" this evening. I'd only been "open" about 90 minutes before I went back. EVERYTHING was gone. Guess how much I made in 90 minutes? 2,200,000 coins. Do you have any idea how much work was lost in 90 minutes? How am I EVER supposed to play this game as intended when my food disappears every time I reopen!! (It happened last time I reopened too--I hadn't been storing up food for as long but I made 300,000 coins in about 5 minutes.)

I think I will never re-open my bakery again. :mad:

Mogwai4111
05-26-11, 08:43 PM
Try not blocking your door in the future. I believe that is what's causing this. In your case, there was a LOT of lost time for the server to catch up on, hence the large profit you experienced.

cakeandpie
05-26-11, 09:38 PM
But I can't build up the food if I don't block the door. They always eat it faster than I can make it.

Mogwai4111
05-26-11, 09:53 PM
Yea, same for me until I got to a higher level with more appliances. Just letting you know how the game works, why your food was quick sold, and what you can do to prevent it.

casadolce
05-26-11, 09:56 PM
What about instead of blocking the door you block the cashier? Will that make a difference?

bocado
05-27-11, 12:05 PM
What about instead of blocking the door you block the cashier? Will that make a difference?
I actually think this might work for you, since blocking your cashier will also lower your customers satifaction, hence creating a slower flow of them. Then once your all caught up on the baking you can unblock your cashier and watch your customer satifaction go up :D

Mogwai4111
05-27-11, 12:17 PM
I actually think this might work for you, since blocking your cashier will also lower your customers satifaction, hence creating a slower flow of them. Then once your all caught up on the baking you can unblock your cashier and watch your customer satifaction go up :D

I think I've read om here that this would work. If you can stand the lowering heart level, try it, hearts should go up pretty quickly once you start selling again.

cakeandpie
05-27-11, 09:41 PM
I decided to store all my tables and chairs but one to slow the consumption rate considerably. That means I have a heart level of 10, but since that doesn't really have any bearing on the game play, I don't care too much. After a few weeks I'll put them all back and hope I've made enough food that I never run out of anything.

saintlover
05-27-11, 09:44 PM
You need tables to get tips and can't advance levels with out tips.. Put out all your tables but only one chair. They won't go to a table with out a chair.

MinkyBoodle
05-28-11, 09:45 PM
you certainly can advance levels without tips. I didn't even use the social aspect of the game until I was well above level 40. No tips for me, no tipping others, no neighbors. Never even visited another bakery.