PDA

View Full Version : All animals cost gems?

mandie101f
05-26-11, 10:23 AM
How come all of a sudden all but two of the animals cost gems? They didnt used to, and i cant afford to spend real cash on a picture of a turtle. All i can get now is a bear and a kangaroo

RageofMars
05-26-11, 10:40 AM
You can obtain more by breeding with coins. There currently is a cap on how many of what animals you can have -

7 Gila Monsters
7 Llamas
7 Albino Pythons
5 Monkeys
5 Rhinos
4 Elephants
4 Kangaroos
4 Zebras
4 Bears

with possible slight variations.

JennyWuzHere
05-26-11, 07:54 PM
How come all of a sudden all but two of the animals cost gems? They didnt used to, and i cant afford to spend real cash on a picture of a turtle. All i can get now is a bear and a kangaroo

they cost gems now because you have already bought the maximum number of that animals. I recommend you breed them as of what RageofMars has said

mandie101f
05-26-11, 09:25 PM
Oh on thank you. I didnt know there was a cap for them. Thank you both for your help

foxybrown1g
05-30-11, 04:05 AM
Does anyone know if that cap will be lifted? By possible level increases or example? It's fine that we can breed without using gems but I would like more variety. What about deleting an animal? If we delete 1 or 2 can we then buy replacements with coins?

musicjunkie
06-01-11, 06:06 AM
I have Zoo Story on my phone and just got an Ipad and downloaded it but how come on my iphone I can buy the bear with coins but on my ipad I can only buy my animals with gems?!?

avgirl927
06-27-11, 08:54 PM
I can have 3 more habitats and have reached breeding cap on all but crocs (won't let me breed them), but I can't buy animals I don't yet have despite passing several levels because I can't afford to buy gems.

kaanela
09-17-11, 08:52 PM
I just started this app. It says that I can have 15 exhibits..but every single animal can only be purchased with gems...I will not spend money on this app ...how do I get my animals back to purchase with coins?

ronnielee808
10-30-11, 05:55 PM
how do i obtain gems ????

kooky panda
10-30-11, 06:00 PM
how do i obtain gems ????
currently there is no mastery to earn gems in Zoo Story. The only way is to buy gems .

You can enter contents to win gems. There are two going on right now. The fashion paper doll contest- you do not have to be playing fashion story to enter.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19365-Fashion-Story-Paper-Dolls-Halloween-Contest&p=161838&viewfull=1#post161838

If you play farm, city, nightclub,bakery or restaurant you can enter the current halloween contest for one of the these games.

http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!

smials
11-13-11, 04:42 AM
What is the point of this game if you can't buy new animals? With the other games, as you reach new levels new items become available and you can buy those items with coins. With this game after you install a certain amount of habitats, you're unable to enhance your zoo with new animals even if you have the space and you haven't maxed out the number of habitats your zoo is allowed. I even tried deleting some of the starter animals in an effort to get some of the senior level animals, but that's out of the question as well. You advertise your app as free, but even if I advance in the game I can't get new animals unless I pay. So what's the point?

TobiNano
11-24-11, 12:53 AM
It's really not like that. Those r meant to be cash animals but zoo story's items r really limited

westparkscott
12-01-11, 10:03 AM
I think it is sad too and no real easy way to earn gems...yes you can join imobsters, which I did and still did not get the promised 6 gems....the first 11 types of animals are just coins and now it is all gems to buy everything else.

barleycoon
12-01-11, 10:38 AM
I think it is sad too and no real easy way to earn gems...yes you can join imobsters, which I did and still did not get the promised 6 gems....the first 11 types of animals are just coins and now it is all gems to buy everything else.

Let's hope we might get updates in zoo story, we get the gem sales now. Which device do you use?
Did you actually open up imobsters at all, I know in the past I only recieved gems when I did this.
We could all try lots of suggestions for new items on zoo story, it shows players have an interest then too.

barleycoon
12-01-11, 10:40 AM
This is the thread for new suggestions http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18479-New-Zoo-Winter-Holiday-Suggestions/page2

westparkscott
12-01-11, 01:31 PM
Let's hope we might get updates in zoo story, we get the gem sales now. Which device do you use?
Did you actually open up imobsters at all, I know in the past I only recieved gems when I did this.
We could all try lots of suggestions for new items on zoo story, it shows players have an interest then too.

yes I did try to open it and it will not open...it just says force close or report...I am on a tablet. It is my 9 year old nephew game but he is not here daily so I do the neighbors and all the visiting/gifting for him in Zoo Story.

gondracorn
01-29-12, 11:28 AM
I cant by gems because i use android and android wants credit, and my parents say no to using credit.. to me and to themselves. can we open room for ****** at least?

gondracorn
01-29-12, 11:30 AM
I cant edit??? okay... i really want the dragon and unicorn. I will buy 50 dollars of 500 or so gems to achieve that goal and more!

gondracorn
01-29-12, 11:31 AM
my only option is ******
I cant edit??? okay... i really want the dragon and unicorn. I will buy 50 dollars of 500 or so gems to achieve that goal and more!

sissy8
01-29-12, 11:52 AM
thats the reason i don t play anymore:o

barleycoon
01-29-12, 11:59 AM
yes I did try to open it and it will not open...it just says force close or report...I am on a tablet. It is my 9 year old nephew game but he is not here daily so I do the neighbors and all the visiting/gifting for him in Zoo Story.

I'm so sorry I missed your reply post, are the game issues still continuing? Is it possible to post a screen shot of the message that comes up? Have you tried deleting the app and redownloading, don't worry your game progress is safe on TLs server. Or could try restarting your device, if the issue is continuing please advise of device, device version and game version, thanks.

Kina87
02-23-12, 10:21 AM
I can only breed six of my animals. Why can't I breed them all anymore. We need to be able to earn gems.

nmishii
02-23-12, 10:27 AM
There is a max to how many animals you can have - see post 2. Your ability to breed stops once you have the max number of animals.

I would also have liked to earn gems, but I doubt that will happen.