PDA

View Full Version : Changing requirements

Farm Mom
05-29-10, 01:59 PM
I liked this game for my first grader because there were no social requirements. Now, the day she earns enough to expand, neighbors have been added as necessary. I understand the game will continue to undergo changes, I am just sorry this had to be one of them. In the interest of safety I do not want her to interact with others online. I hope there is a possibility that this latest requirement will be reconsidered.
Thanks!

Unregistered
05-29-10, 05:47 PM
While I understand you might have your reasons, I don't like the neighbor requirement you recencently imposed. Please change it back!
Evar

sinning
05-29-10, 06:20 PM
@ OP While I can certainly understand you not wanting your child to interact with others (for safety reasons) however part of what makes these games interesting is that there are some requirements. That being said it's not absolutely necessary to have neighbors there just will be some things that you/your child won't be able to do. Or you can add the neighbors but not ever have to say/do anything with them.

Farm Mom
05-29-10, 11:52 PM
Thanks for your feedback as well. I understand you saying that the social aspect is what makes it fun. And I agree that in some cases yes, as I play Farmville with my friends and relatives on Facebook. But the draw of this game for me was that this was NOT included at the time I downloaded the game. I don't know anyone in real life playing this game, and I do not wish to add strangers. It was mere hours between when the "feature" was added and when enough coins were earned to expand! We felt a little *****ed.

I am most likely in the minority here, but I thought I would voice my opinion anyway. I am one who will most likely eventually be lost as a user because I will not add neighbors or pay real money to play. But then what value am I as a customer anyway? ;)

Thanks for taking the time to read/respond!

Unregistered
05-30-10, 12:08 AM
why? why? why?
I choose this game because it was not a requirement to be social and haunt your friends and family with invites. I was hours away from upgrading my plot when you without warning change the requirements. Really dissapointed think ill find something else to play if this is a permanent change

StrawberryFieldsForHours
05-30-10, 02:04 AM
The best advice I can give anyone who is concerned by the latest updates would be to look to FarmVille on Facebook and the Storm8 games here on the iPod/Phone as barometers for how this game will develop.

The social element will only grow and, Farm Mom, your daughter will get more and more visitors to her farm and you will likely hear more pleas for you to purchase the gems as more desirable and useful decor becomes available, as this is the revenue stream that funds the game and keeps it free.

If it helps, I am playing without adding anyone whom I don't know outside of cyberspace and am highly unlikely to purchase the gems for actual money (sorry TeamLava) but am still enjoying myself at the moment. Sure, my farm is smaller than that of those who visit and I completely understand the frustration you must feel having saved up for expansion (for many the goal of the game at present) yet I am doing okay; it'll take me a little longer to afford those benches I want for under my trees but I will get there and, anyway, who wants a game that is over in a day?
The way that this game is funded does allow for good e-mail support support@teamlava.com and lots of enhancements to come that will not require hundreds of gems or neighbours (even if many more do) so I hope that she will keep playing and, just maybe, rope you in to joining her. :)

Denobones
05-30-10, 02:28 AM
what have they done with the new update i am kinda lost but i thinking people are not happy of neighbours is that right.?

StrawberryFieldsForHours
05-30-10, 02:40 AM
what have they done with the new update i am kinda lost but i thinking people are not happy of neighbours is that right.?

Not quite, the above posters were disappointed that a certain number of neighbours are now required in order to expand the area of your farm, not simply currency as before.

Unregistered
05-31-10, 05:57 PM
I do not understand all of the uproar about the neighbors. PLEASE someone correct me if I am wrong. This is what I understand about being neighbors. If they are your neighbor when they water your farm or when you water their farm it goes from a limit of 5 to 10 per day. So what is the big deal. They have no extra access to you, you do not have to talk to them. Someone/anyone can post to your wall wither they are a neighbor or not. If you think that as long as you do not have any neighbors than no one can see you well you are wrong. In main menu-social-community a list comes up and even if you have 0 stars (watering neighbors rating) your child may pop up on that list and anyone can visit that farm. But again even if they visit you do not have to respond back. I would think that if you are letting a child play that maybe it would be better if there was something in the settings that you could turn off neighbors/wall. Also at this point you only need neighbors to expand (as far as I know). So they just don't get to expand if you as their parent set the rule "no neighbors". Not that big of a deal.