melz78
05-25-11, 03:20 AM
:eek:Why can I buy GEM's for:
24 Gems - $5.99
50 Gems - $12.99 on sale 8% off $11.99
105 Gems - $23.99 on sale 8% off $21.99
275 Gems - $59.99 on sale 10% off $53.99
580 Gems - $119.99 on sale 8% off $109.99
and my daughter has higher sale %'s than me.....I'm level 16 the same as her????
24 Gems - $5.99 on sale 17% off $4.99
50 Gems - $12.99 on sale 38% off $7.99
105 Gems - $23.99 on sale 38% off $14.99
275 Gems - $59.99 on sale 38% off $36.99
580 Gems - $119.99 on sale 38% off $74.99
Big difference :confused::confused::confused:

driftboutique
05-25-11, 08:35 AM
I get no discount at all >:|

talyon
05-25-11, 08:46 AM
This is common and designed that way. Move along.

driftboutique
05-25-11, 08:49 AM
This is common and designed that way. Move along.

I don't think this has been adequately addressed by TL at all. Just because it's intentional doesn't mean it's nothing to be bothered by.

talyon
05-25-11, 08:54 AM
Their not going to address it any further then they already have. The answer they did give was final. It's an executive Decesion. An External function designed to be. It works. Just like real life one day I walk into a store get 10% off, next day 50 or nothing the next day. Stories work same way. Not a concern.

driftboutique
05-25-11, 09:03 AM
Their not going to address it any further then they already have. The answer they did give was final. It's an executive Decesion. An External function designed to be. It works. Just like real life one day I walk into a store get 10% off, next day 50 or nothing the next day. Stories work same way. Not a concern.

Your analogy is flawed. No one is complaining that gems are not the same price daily. They are displeased because worse prices are available to better customers, and while you may be satisfied with the status quo, others (including me) are not and we have every right to be heard on this issue. It's not your place to silence dissent.

kooky panda
05-25-11, 09:43 AM
I think it is random. I do buy gems and I have been getting the 10%off or no discount when alot of my nbrs have gotten the 40% off.
Finally today I got the 40% off Fashion, Zoo and club.
Nothing on the other games.

Team Lava may be testing sending out random discounts to see if people buy more when gems price are lower...

paisleysnana47
05-25-11, 07:47 PM
I have 2 accounts...1has gems on sale, the other doesn't! I don't get it! Why does this happen? It sometimes happens on other story games, but not always!

talyon
05-25-11, 08:50 PM
Your analogy is flawed. No one is complaining that gems are not the same price daily. They are displeased because worse prices are available to better customers, and while you may be satisfied with the status quo, others (including me) are not and we have every right to be heard on this issue. It's not your place to silence dissent.

No it's not. As in real life this is the way that it is period. Most are great at complaining and not accepting what is. I'm trying to raise you all to adults in life. Now get on with it. Lol. There are very few who over the last 2 years have spent more real money on these games then I have. Over 6 grand and counting. if I don't like something I don't play it or eat it or buy it etc etc etc. Be happy LT has created something for you to do!!

driftboutique
05-25-11, 08:58 PM
No it's not. As in real life this is the way that it is period. Most are great at complaining and not accepting what is. I'm trying to raise you all to adults in life. Now get on with it. Lol. There are very few who over the last 2 years have spent more real money on these games then I have. Over 6 grand and counting. if I don't like something I don't play it or eat it or buy it etc etc etc. Be happy LT has created something for you to do!!

That's not an analogy, that just blustering. Do you even know what a false analogy is?

I guarantee I'm older than you are, kiddo, and while you might have outspent me it doesn't mean you know one whit more about business practices than I do, and I daresay as a moderate consumer of gems I'm far more representative of their user base than you are.

And hey, did I mention that I'm an app designer who has worked on some pretty major apps? So I kind of know what I'm talking about.

My point? You can keep saying "period" but it's not going to get me to change my stance or prevent me from expressing my feelings to TL, so I don't really know what else you plan to achieve here.

CharliesCity
05-26-11, 03:46 AM

$6000.00?! Hey, I have a bridge for sale. Interested? :)

saintlover
05-26-11, 06:58 AM

Bwahahaha! Bridge for sale, that's priceless

shannonlaforme
05-31-11, 08:24 PM
Here! Here! I'm with you all the way on every issue, it's not fair that certain players get better discounts and that's not the way it is in real life. If I go into a store and there is a 20% off sale and you come right behind me it's still a 20% off sale. The sale doesn't change depending on the customer. And we all have the right to voice our concerns, that's what this forum is for isn't it. If we all just kept silent because "it is what it is" then we wouldn't need a Team Lava forum would we? I think that TL is interested in what we have to say, we are the ones after all that download their apps and buy their gems, and they started this forum, not us, because they obviously want to hear what we think.

Ditzy17
06-04-11, 10:17 AM
In the game today you have listed 105 gems at 11.99 - 40%= 6.99. Yet I bought 105 gems at 6.99 two weeks ago when there was no amazing discount sale? Is someone in teamlava taking the piss or what, loved this game up until today, now seriously contemplating deleting it from both phone and iPad.

talyon
06-04-11, 10:26 AM

Actually if u have some swampy land in Florida I would yes. Btw I know of a few people who have spent over 30 grand on storm8 WW game. No kidding.

talyon
06-04-11, 10:28 AM
Here! Here! I'm with you all the way on every issue, it's not fair that certain players get better discounts and that's not the way it is in real life. If I go into a store and there is a 20% off sale and you come right behind me it's still a 20% off sale. The sale doesn't change depending on the customer. And we all have the right to voice our concerns, that's what this forum is for isn't it. If we all just kept silent because "it is what it is" then we wouldn't need a Team Lava forum would we? I think that TL is interested in what we have to say, we are the ones after all that download their apps and buy their gems, and they started this forum, not us, because they obviously want to hear what we think.

Yes yes for sure. Be happy. My bad. Won't happen again?? Lol. Complain away. It works. Try it.