PDA

View Full Version : Clothes selling too fast: any solutions?

CharliesCity
05-24-11, 10:30 AM
I know that others are having this issue but I want to know if anyone has found a SOLUTION to the ?clothes selling too fast? issue. It seems like there?s something that I should be able to do to fix it because ion the past, my boutique was open for weeks and clothes were selling at the normal slow rate. Then, in order to stock my inventory, I closed my boutique for like a week and now no matter how many clothes I accumulate they are all gone in the blink of an eye as soon as I close and reopen Fashion Story. So, as you see, I have not always had this problem. Are there others who have had this problem but have fixed it?

CharliesCity
05-24-11, 10:36 AM
I don't know why there are questions marks where my punctuation should be. Sorry!

CharliesCity
05-24-11, 10:40 AM
I don't know why there are questions marks where my punctuation should be. Sorry!

**question

xokay
05-24-11, 11:25 AM
That's really weird. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? My clothes sell at a pretty reasonable rate. Your clothes should definitely not be gone if you close the app and reopen it!

CharliesCity
05-24-11, 11:34 AM
Yes, I tried that. I don't know why it's happening.

xokay
05-24-11, 11:44 AM
It pains me to suggest it, but you'll probably have to contact support@teamlava.com

Rachael98
05-24-11, 11:46 AM
It pains me to suggest it, but you'll probably have to contact support@teamlava.com

It is a known bug actually. I think so anyway:confused: Now I'm making myself uncertain...:p

CharliesCity
05-24-11, 12:05 PM

I've been contacting Teamlava with the simple question of why I can't I update my password, email address, avatar and signature on these forums and they won't answer. Somehow we've been emailing back and forth for weeks and they have not answered my question. It's like they only read my first sentence and then respond to me. So I have to keep responding to them saying, "But what about..." and "But you didn't answer..." They even sent an email only asking me for my storm ID after I had already given it to them. So if I can't get a straight answer about those issues, I'm afraid to take this issue to email. I give up.

driftboutique
05-24-11, 12:28 PM
I have a sort of workaround I use. No promises, but it's worth a try I suppose.

When you open your shop, stay in it for a good while, 15 minutes or so. Don't visit other shops, don't minimize the app, just let it run. if during that time all goes well, try exiting the app. Give it about one minute and come back. If you have a lot of things gone already, close up and try again. If all is going well, go ahead and leave. You should be able to sustain a normal selling rate.

Hope it works for you! I've had some luck doing it.

Rachael98
05-24-11, 01:56 PM
I've been contacting Teamlava with the simple question of why I can't I update my password, email address, avatar and signature on these forums and they won't answer. Somehow we've been emailing back and forth for weeks and they have not answered my question. It's like they only read my first sentence and then respond to me. So I have to keep responding to them saying, "But what about..." and "But you didn't answer..." They even sent an email only asking me for my storm ID after I had already given it to them. So if I can't get a straight answer about those issues, I'm afraid to take this issue to email. I give up.

That's because there is, I think, a glitch (new accounts don't have an edit either!). Support mainly give canned messages to save time. Also, that sort of thing should be mentioned in the Community Manager thread (although it's not necessary anymore as I've answered it!).

casadolce
05-24-11, 07:07 PM
Did you get paid for the clothes, or did they simply disappear? If you just want to accumulate clothes without selling them, the simplest thing to do is to block the way to the cash register. Or you can reduce the number of fitting rooms and mirrors. You can also making some of your clothes inaccessible to customers (block them behind other racks, etc.)
so they cannot buy those.

Mogwai4111
05-24-11, 07:29 PM
Feels like I've said this 15 times on here, lol.

If you block your door, your clothes will disappear as soon as you open the door back up. I don't know this for sure, but I feel pretty confident that is the way it works, judging by the posts I have read on here and my own experience. I blocked my RS door one time while I was in design mode, fell asleep while in design mode, woke up and unblocked the door, and pow, sold a large amount of food, made a large amount of coins in the blink of an eye. Otherwise I have never blocked my door, and subsequently, never had this mass sale of food, clothes, etc.

I feel like I should change my signature to say "If you block your door, you will sell all your product as soon as you open it back up" just to help spread awareness. ;)

badger8
05-24-11, 07:33 PM
Hey Mogwai-
Go ahead and also add to your signature the link for "how to transfer your account to a new device", ok?
 HA!

CharliesCity
05-26-11, 03:29 AM
I have a sort of workaround I use. No promises, but it's worth a try I suppose.

When you open your shop, stay in it for a good while, 15 minutes or so. Don't visit other shops, don't minimize the app, just let it run. if during that time all goes well, try exiting the app. Give it about one minute and come back. If you have a lot of things gone already, close up and try again. If all is going well, go ahead and leave. You should be able to sustain a normal selling rate.

Hope it works for you! I've had some luck doing it.

Thank you so much for your solution. I will try it!

CharliesCity
05-26-11, 03:29 AM
Did you get paid for the clothes, or did they simply disappear? If you just want to accumulate clothes without selling them, the simplest thing to do is to block the way to the cash register. Or you can reduce the number of fitting rooms and mirrors. You can also making some of your clothes inaccessible to customers (block them behind other racks, etc.)
so they cannot buy those.

Thank you so much! I hope that works for me.

CharliesCity
05-26-11, 03:32 AM
Feels like I've said this 15 times on here, lol.

If you block your door, your clothes will disappear as soon as you open the door back up. I don't know this for sure, but I feel pretty confident that is the way it works, judging by the posts I have read on here and my own experience. I blocked my RS door one time while I was in design mode, fell asleep while in design mode, woke up and unblocked the door, and pow, sold a large amount of food, made a large amount of coins in the blink of an eye. Otherwise I have never blocked my door, and subsequently, never had this mass sale of food, clothes, etc.

I feel like I should change my signature to say "If you block your door, you will sell all your product as soon as you open it back up" just to help spread awareness. ;)

Well, since I'm fairly new to the boards (not to the games) I did not see that you posted this fifteen times before. I apologize for making you post it again and thank you for your response.

CharliesCity
05-26-11, 03:34 AM
That's because there is, I think, a glitch (new accounts don't have an edit either!). Support mainly give canned messages to save time. Also, that sort of thing should be mentioned in the Community Manager thread (although it's not necessary anymore as I've answered it!).

I don't want to mention it in the Community Manager thread. I sorry I digressed into talking about my support issues. I was trying to explain why contacting support about the clothes issue probably wouldn't work in my case since I can't seem to get an answer from support about more simple issues.