PDA

View Full Version : Restore Old Version

dragunlady
05-23-11, 07:42 PM
So I finally decided to do the update...bad idea. It's slow and sticky.

If I haven't synced with iTunes yet, that means I still have the old version on iTunes and the new version on my iTouch.

If I deleted the new version off my iTouch and synced with iTunes, would I get the old version back?

Or is there another step I need to take? Thanks for any help!

Seriously, I love all my wonderful nbrs and visitors, but I was already getting bored with the game and now with this update, forget about it. And I want my blue rice paddies back! ^_^

Thanks!

hectorloch
05-24-11, 10:24 AM
Yes, you would. Ensure the FS on your iTouch is truly gone. Then Sync. Assumes of course this is all very recent and you sync'd not that long ago. Do check what else you might NOT want to sync at this time - if in doubt, just sync your Apps i.e. uncheck all the other sections. I understand why you're wanting to do this. The update is overall a better version but the iTouch - particularly if it's a year or two old - seems challenged by it e.g. as you say, slow, lagging behind your tapping etc. As with all syncs, however, approach thoughtfully.

dragunlady
05-24-11, 09:16 PM
Yes, you would. Ensure the FS on your iTouch is truly gone. Then Sync. Assumes of course this is all very recent and you sync'd not that long ago. Do check what else you might NOT want to sync at this time - if in doubt, just sync your Apps i.e. uncheck all the other sections. I understand why you're wanting to do this. The update is overall a better version but the iTouch - particularly if it's a year or two old - seems challenged by it e.g. as you say, slow, lagging behind your tapping etc. As with all syncs, however, approach thoughtfully.

Well, I went for it. I deleted Farm Story off my iTouch and synced. But alas, the Farm Story on iTunes did not reappear on my iTouch. I don't know how else to get it there.

I've read others that said they copied it over, but I'm not sure how to do that either. I mean I see the FS in my Mobile Apps folder on my computer. but I don't know how to copy it over to my iTouch.

Perhaps it would run better if I updated my iTouch, but every time I try that, it just lags and doesn't do anything, so I can't update my iTouch version either. Oy...

Thanks for trying, hectorloch, I appreciate it.

hectorloch
05-24-11, 10:19 PM
Strange. Alas, you can't just copy it as such - not so that it would work anyway - and you have to do these movements from within iTunes. I'm sorry it hasn't worked. If this is on a PC, I'd rather you checked first with a PC user before doing this but there remains one further approach which is to "Restore" but please approach this carefully. What you are doing is deleting your iTouch back to "factory settings" and then restoring to it everything that was last backed up on to your Mac/PC. Important thing not to do is say yes to "Do you want to back up?" after you hit Restore otherwise you're losing your old backup on your machine. But do think carefully - you are deleting everything that's on your iTouch. But if it is still on your machine, then if you bring everything back on your machine to the iTouch AFTER you restore, it must come over if it's there. From what you say, it sounds like your iTouch could do with a good old Restore anyway which will as part of the process update the iOS to the latest version. Do check again there is nothing you'll lose but if you've already done a sync then it all ought to be safely on your machine already - and if not it's gone anyway. Happy days :)

hectorloch
05-24-11, 10:56 PM
... and I should have said that if your iTouch software gets updated, you might well find the updated FS operating better as well. Sorry to confuse your strategies - but you could try both; just make sure you keep the old version intact on your main machine so as to keep your options open.