PDA

View Full Version : Compensation for maintenance?

Superyalda
05-23-11, 04:20 AM
Dear Team Lava

I think I speak for all the Restaurant Story lovers who got totally stressed out today when the servers crashed.

1. I really hope our food hasn't spoiled. Will you begin from a restore point to ensure that?

2. We all probably lost lots of gifts and tips since many of us have limited windows of time which allow us to visit our guests.

3. You have our email addresses, send us a notification please (I know this might be hard if the servers are down but maybe you can use a backup server or something?)

4. And I'm pushing the envelope on this one. I think it would be a very nice gesture on TeamLava's part if they were to compensate for the stress with a gift of 5 gems or something like that. Gems are hard to come by and expensive to buy. Think about it please? It would create a very caring image :)

Yours truly,
Superyalda

Superyalda
05-23-11, 04:24 AM
And you might want to consider taking the HOORAY! off the notification window. Maybe OOPS! or SORRY! would be more appropriate?

sophiacml
05-23-11, 04:34 AM
Compensation? You wish! Not in a gazillion years! All my factories & markets & foods & drinks were SPOILED!

talyon
05-23-11, 04:48 AM
I've seen compensation given in the past. Btw down again. Sheesh. Lol

Superyalda
05-23-11, 04:51 AM
By my count, it's down for over four hours already. That's a pretty big crash.

sophiacml
05-23-11, 04:55 AM
In the past, there were compensations because the games were still new & not as many players as they have now. Of course, they can afford to compensate. Not now... Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm hoping for it too!

saintlover
05-23-11, 05:02 AM
And they are down again.... I sure hope all the likes I just did in fashion story aren't gone with the wind. How do I know? Does it reset my counts?

sophiacml
05-23-11, 05:05 AM
I suggest that we do the gifting & tipping the next day till the server is stable.
And they are down again.... I sure hope all the likes I just did in fashion story aren't gone with the wind. How do I know? Does it reset my counts?

Superyalda
05-23-11, 05:09 AM
OK, the system's back and one of my dishes went bad AND a few of the dishes I started cooking before the crash never got started so now I have to wait for them to cook again. If there had been no damage, so it would be TeamLava's option to compensate, but since there is, please consider at least a 5 Gem compensation. That's what it costs to bring back a dish!

andrei_2211
05-23-11, 05:10 AM
and down.....again

Superyalda
05-23-11, 05:11 AM
Down again! It's been like this for over four hours!

sophiacml
05-23-11, 05:35 AM
Not all the games are down. My Empire for instant is able to login but the experience indicator isn't moving anymore. Does anyone face the same thing?

FireBoltI
05-23-11, 05:48 AM
Why not provide an actual downloadable update instead of these annoying ones

sophiacml
05-23-11, 05:54 AM
The most positive idea I can think of from the maintenance is finally my iDevices' batteries can rest finally!

muffy69
05-23-11, 05:58 AM
Come on!!!! This is ridiculous!!!! When are you guys going to get your system fixed??? We should be given 100 gems for this one.

Superyalda
05-23-11, 06:17 AM
Jeesh, I wanted to make the 2nd Poll option: 5 gems for every 15 minutes, but I couldn't go back and add it!

Superyalda
05-23-11, 06:18 AM
5 gems for every 15 minutes, right?

Come on!!!! This is ridiculous!!!! When are you guys going to get your system fixed??? We should be given 100 gems for this one.

ninafleur
05-23-11, 06:39 AM
Offline since this morning. Wow that must be some update. Cant wait to see and clear all my lost food.

Superyalda
05-23-11, 06:52 AM
Anyone happen to notice this "announcement" from TeamLava warning us about the maintenance?
http://forums.teamlava.com/announcement.php?f=14

sophiacml
05-23-11, 06:58 AM
Wouldn't it be nice that if TL can agree that they'll have updates & maintenance weekly on same time so that players can plan our time.

Superyalda
05-23-11, 07:42 AM
sophia, I'll add you as soon as the darn game comes back online. I'm a straight 4 since I started. I don't play all the games (only Restaurant Story), but I do take visiting, tipping, gifting daily seriously. My id is Superyalda. Keep on the lookout for me and my delicious daily stew.

greygull
05-23-11, 08:47 AM
I agree. They have compensated before. They can do something small for all of us, even if it is 5 gems or a free expansion, or a free day of cooking food (no coin cost, but still getting xp). Last night, both my restaurants went out about midnight (ipad and android). This morning my ipad worked, but android didn't. I'm not trying to complain too much, since I haven't lost food, but I have lost gifts and tips. The compensation they did before was 15 gems, and the server problems were not as bad as the last couple of weeks have been.

Mogwai4111
05-23-11, 08:52 AM
I thought about asking support for gem compensation, but then I remembered this game is free if I choose it to be so really, it wouldn't be right to complain, I'm owed nothing.

LinkinPark92
05-23-11, 09:01 AM
this problem seems to appear a lot.
I mailed teamlava for an other case, but after one month I still have no reply

Superyalda
05-23-11, 11:19 AM
No kidding!!??

I also wrote them today. I hope they respect their user-base enough to answer emails.

Superyalda
05-23-11, 11:20 AM
The game is free, but I've bought many gems already, and I could say I've invested in the fun. It isn't necessarily a free game.

I thought about asking support for gem compensation, but then I remembered this game is free if I choose it to be so really, it wouldn't be right to complain, I'm owed nothing.

Rachael98
05-23-11, 11:30 AM
Will you lot EVER stop MOANING!!!??? These guys work hard to bring us a free game and because there are problems that need fixing through maintainence which lose you a couple of gold, you try to make money out of it!!!:confused::mad:! What are you trying to do? Bankrupt TL? You don't need compensation! TeamLava have every right to shut down their own games and if you suffer as a consequence, so be it! If you actually stop and think about the stuff they've given us then maybe you'll rethink! But please, consider before you start saying frankly stupid stuff like this. It's obviously a shame that you might lose 1000 gold and a few gifts or so, but they can be regiven. In any case, this won't happen and I think you're being very unfair and short-sighted about this just because you want a few gems! BUY THEM!

TeamLava, I don't personally think that we need compensation. You made these games for us and all these people do is moan:p

GroupMagma
05-23-11, 12:33 PM

I've checked with our Support team, and there don't appear to be any emails in our queue that are a month old. Have you checked your Spam filter?

Edit: Also, let's keep it nice, people. :)

4meats
05-23-11, 02:21 PM
Luckily I am cooking two day apples pies but I am still missing sending gifts and tipping my neighbors. This has been going on for at least 12 hours for me. When will this end.

Rachael98
05-23-11, 03:42 PM
Edit: Also, let's keep it nice, people. :)

:p that's directed at me isn't it? I'm trying to stand up for TeamLava here!;):p

I notice that you haven't replied to the thread topic though. Indecisive?

GroupMagma
05-23-11, 03:55 PM
:p that's directed at me isn't it? I'm trying to stand up for TeamLava here!;):p

I notice that you haven't replied to the thread topic though. Indecisive?

Believe it or not, I'm not personally able to distribute Gems to everyone in our customer base. :p
The concern regarding maintenance has been noted to our development team, as has the suggestion for Gems as compensation.

Rachael98
05-23-11, 04:09 PM
Believe it or not, I'm not personally able to distribute Gems to everyone in our customer base. :p
The concern regarding maintenance has been noted to our development team, as has the suggestion for Gems as compensation.

Oh! Never! I didn't realise you couldn't just take control of the whole gem system!:p

I hope the devs know about the maintainence...they implemented it didn't they:confused:?

Anyway, as I said in my not "keep [ing] it nice" post in which I displayed...a little:p...frustration at these people wanting gems, I don't think we need them. Look at who voted "no". Oh look. Some of the most dedicated forum members and TL Supporters. As I pointed out to one of them, that's strange. The reply: you might be onto something.

:p

chumkia
05-24-11, 05:05 AM
Hi,
They shld compensate as in restaurant story my entire floor tiles has disappeared and I am now left with concrete floor. It's not even in the inventory, that means that I will have to buy a over again.

In bakery my entire food was spoiled a d I even lost a the tips.

In farm story whatever I had planted did not get planted at all and the money spent on buying those crops simply went down the drain.

They must do something!!! I am upset!

Id. chumkia

Superyalda
05-24-11, 05:25 AM
Hi, Rachael. I'm OK with your not feeling the need for compensation, and anyone else who feels that way. Like I posted earlier however, I do invest time and money in the game and feel that if a bug or server crash affects my investments (game or not) then there should be some kind of compensation. I know that people are moaning here, but please try to comment with a kinder tone and try to tolerate the fact that not everyone feels like you do.
GroupMagma. Hi! I sent an email yesterday (I hope you got it). My recommendation was not a global compensation, but rather to offer a "register for compensation" kind of thread here. If a player is serious about the game and feels they should receive compensation, they'll find it and can sign up for it. Players who aren't involved or don't feel they need compensation can forego the request. What do you think? I think that would be a pretty fair and reasonable way to handle it.
Thanks for commenting here. I somehow feel validation :P
Elona aka Superyalda

Rachael98
05-24-11, 02:08 PM
Hi, Rachael. I'm OK with your not feeling the need for compensation, and anyone else who feels that way. Like I posted earlier however, I do invest time and money in the game and feel that if a bug or server crash affects my investments (game or not) then there should be some kind of compensation. I know that people are moaning here, but please try to comment with a kinder tone and try to tolerate the fact that not everyone feels like you do.
GroupMagma. Hi! I sent an email yesterday (I hope you got it). My recommendation was not a global compensation, but rather to offer a "register for compensation" kind of thread here. If a player is serious about the game and feels they should receive compensation, they'll find it and can sign up for it. Players who aren't involved or don't feel they need compensation can forego the request. What do you think? I think that would be a pretty fair and reasonable way to handle it.
Thanks for commenting here. I somehow feel validation :P
Elona aka Superyalda

I have also invested time and money. However, I apologise for any offense/insult it may have caused. I would edit it, but my edit feature doesn't work and I'm not wasting GMs precious time over that.

I think that global compensation would be good actually as only a fraction of the players know about this thread. Either wag though, GM doesn't have the power to do that. :p;)

Sorry again.

desertfarmer
05-25-11, 11:07 PM
This is a forum where people can take out their ideas,emotions,suggestions and complains. So i suggest for those people who doesnt want to read complains, simply ignore it and go to other thread.no need to be sarcastic and insulting.. I noticed some players who are trying to understand TL, but then not people have the same patience as you are.. Besides, people who are upset and frustrated over the bugs are just taking out their emotions wether "this is just a game" or not! If majority doesnt complain their frustration, how would TL fixes the problems? Imagine those majority keep quiet, u think TL will take a look on it?ummm, guess not.. About the gem compensation, i agree on it.. The bugs keep repeating- once is ok, 2 is enough, 3 is too much, and more than that is---- kinda wanna **** someone! Loool, jk! This a game where we passed our time,trying to have fun, but where is the fun if the problem keeps repeating sumthing over and over and someone is telling u to stop complaining!? Loool.. So if me, i will keep them annoyed also by complaining and asking for compensation, again and again, till they get their dose of their own medicine! But oh well, that is just me....

seastripes
05-26-11, 12:49 AM
i also play ngmoco games like we farm and we rule, whenever they're going to have maintenance they have a warning pop up few hours, even a day before whenever we open the game. they warned us about a maintenance at which time and advise us to pick crop that will not spoiled during the maintenance hours.
i think TL have to do that too next time so players know and they can cook wisely.

desertfarmer
05-27-11, 03:00 AM
i also play ngmoco games like we farm and we rule, whenever they're going to have maintenance they have a warning pop up few hours, even a day before whenever we open the game. they warned us about a maintenance at which time and advise us to pick crop that will not spoiled during the maintenance hours.
i think TL have to do that too next time so players know and they can cook wisely.

What's the game name? Is it in the apps? I need to change games now and lazy to surf. Might as well use the search if u can give the game title. Im bored with farm, reached the limit in cs, tired or collecting red stars in rs and reached the max expansion in bs ( bought all the items by coins). Im playing vam live but camping. So i need some FUN during my lazy hours. Thnx 

seastripes
05-28-11, 02:44 AM
^ it's called "we farm" and "we rule" i downloaded from the apps store,the developer is ngmoco

Superyalda
05-31-11, 12:49 AM
So to those of you who have voted and quoted, I just sent another message to GroupMagma in hopes of hearing some good news.

Superyalda
06-04-11, 07:29 AM
Let's continue the poll seeing that the problem isn't being resolved ... TL, please fix these bugs and consider the users in the form of compensation.

sophiacml
06-04-11, 07:34 AM
I'd have figured this thread will reappear soon. It's quite difficult & is almost impossible they'll do that since they just set a promotion.

aromakiss
06-04-11, 08:32 AM
I am put off trying to purchase gems for my games if the servers are still as unstable. What's the point spending $ when I can't see them as and when I like?

evanb84
06-04-11, 12:28 PM
You want compensation for a -free- game?
It's not like you pay $15 a month like in a subscription game, this is free.

How about a thread thanking them for putting a game out that's free, as for people who whine they click & spend gems accidentally? It happens, shut up and deal, or buy some & actually help pay wages of the people who fix your problems.
You can earn gems in game for levels of mastery.
No one -owes- you any thing, quit being ungrateful, and thank them once in awhile.

trenae
06-04-11, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately there are times when players are not able to access their games, however I do not feel that that means a company needs to compensate players with in game money/gems/etc. It's part of the process, keeping the games running and it's not always possible to give players advance warning of maintenance/downtime.

I'm not sure I agree with the wording on the poll so I'm not going to place a vote, but did want to post.

cristiej2
06-04-11, 02:38 PM
Bugs are part of the software development life cycle, and this is a free game. Purchasing gems is optional so we aren't owed anything unless you lose purchased items.
All I ask is that TL please update all the story apps so that during maintenance items being made/baked/grown won't expire.

coacs
06-04-11, 02:46 PM
After hours of the game being down, I finally got into Club Story and found all my drinks soiled. Despite electing to start new orders, my cash balance dropped by 5 and one of my spoiled orders was restored (yes, because I would ever waste 5 cash on a one-hour drink - as if) so I just deleted the game.

Gem traps are an annoying part of these games but one I can live with. But being charged 5 cash to restore an order that spoiled because of TeamLava's server problems is a step too far.

Being without Club Story actually makes me feel strangely liberated. It's the second game I've culled (Empire went about two months ago) and I am thinking of slashing Restaurant, too.

Superyalda
06-04-11, 04:15 PM
You want compensation for a -free- game?
It's not like you pay $15 a month like in a subscription game, this is free.

How about a thread thanking them for putting a game out that's free, as for people who whine they click & spend gems accidentally? It happens, shut up and deal, or buy some & actually help pay wages of the people who fix your problems.
You can earn gems in game for levels of mastery.
No one -owes- you any thing, quit being ungrateful, and thank them once in awhile.

Unfortunately, I choose to play the game with real USD every time I purchase gems. I know it's possible to play without the purchases but its a choice I make and expect that, since I DO pay real money, that the basic service won't crash. If the servers do crash, I think it would be a considerate move on TL's part to offer compensation for the inconvenience. I don't want real USD back, but virtual non-existent gems. I also pointed out that I don't think it should be global, but something you need to sign up for, with a one-week time limit This way only the users who feel they deserve compensation will get it. Do you agree that this would be fair?

evanb84
06-04-11, 04:45 PM
No, not really. I played MMORP's and server downtime happens, no one insisted payment for down-time. They do not have maintenance to ruin your gaming, and signing up for something to get money you feel your owed?
If down-time happens, read a book, go for a walk, I am sure you can find something?

A few minutes or hours of servers going down isn't the end of the world, really, it isn't.

Superyalda
06-05-11, 04:35 AM
Gems are not money, Evan. They're virtual; a few colored pixels on the screen.

I agree with you that players shouldn't receive USD as compensation, but a few gems would be a nice way to apologize for the inconvenience.

evanb84
06-05-11, 06:34 AM
So, you want a handout because you -chose- to spend money?
Pixels or not, expecting a company to -give- you something because you were traumatized by down-time is pitiful.

evanb84
06-05-11, 06:44 AM
Pixels or not, expecting a company to -give- you something because you were traumatized by down-time is pitiful.

By the way, take it up with them, I actually have other things to do, than spend time arguing with you.
I'm over it.

saintlover
06-05-11, 09:57 AM
While i get frustrated by down times and server resets too, but jeez... Everyone wants new content and when you change code there is always bugs to work out. Nothing is seamless when patching games together. Be patient and it will work itself out. Honestly there are only two options - Play the game and be thankful that its free and you can play or dont play. But demanding gems for down time is really out of line.

desertfarmer
06-06-11, 11:44 AM
TL should have a regular day for maintenance not random or just by announcement.

I play other mmorpg games, and usually they have regular day and time for it. Example- every tuesday 10 am gmt ( or whAtever time zone). So players will know when and what to do with their crops/food/factories items... People wont be ranting here and there if there is an EXACT time weekly... Except ofc "emergency maintenance". With the repeated crashing of games and loosing items expectations- a compensation is some way to ease the rants. IMO only.

Superyalda
06-08-11, 01:25 AM

If it were so pitiful, why is the group in agreement with me. Just look at the poll.

killermiller
06-09-11, 07:44 PM
My resteraunt has been out of sync for 5 days now and they have done nothing. I can't cook anything because everytime I try to buy stoves I get that message saying out of sync pop up then poof my stoves are all gone. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling rebooting my phone and nothing works.compensation I think so.

bobbyrae
06-09-11, 07:53 PM

My stance exactly. Besides, it really IS just a game. Don't take it so seriously folks.

Rockinkitten
06-10-11, 12:06 AM
And you might want to consider taking the HOORAY! off the notification window. Maybe OOPS! or SORRY! would be more appropriate?

Yes this is my biggest annoyance when servers are down. %#$^&% would be more appropriate!

nminer
06-10-11, 01:43 PM
I don't think we should be compensated in gems. A couple hours is not a big deal. What I think TL should do is restart their servers from the stop point when the game went down. In other words, pause everyones cook clocks and then restart them after bringing the system back up. If that is not possible I think restoring the food that was lost is fair. Gems I think would be nice but unnecessary as you are not losing gems when the server goes down for a few hours. Days at a time are different but losing a few coins, tips, or gifts is not a big deal. It will not make or break you to lose those.

nminer
06-10-11, 01:44 PM
Although a regular maintenance time is a good idea. Just an after thought.

Superyalda
06-13-11, 02:10 AM
OK, so TL got back to me about compensation. There is no gem compensation planned for the losses due to maintenance. I've asked that they brainstorm to find a nice way to compensate in some other way.

sophiacml
06-13-11, 02:36 AM
They actually communicated & responded to you? That's good enough! Of course no gems for everyone but did they say is there even any compensations?

Superyalda
06-13-11, 03:27 AM
I asked them nicely if they can think of something nice ... I recommended a day of double gifts! They responded in a private msg.

xSnowyOwlx
06-13-11, 10:30 AM
I asked them nicely if they can think of something nice ... I recommended a day of double gifts! They responded in a private msg.

What did that private message say?
I don't care about getting gems for something I cooked with coins but I want the food or clothes or factory orders back because it was not my fault they spoiled.

GroupMagma
06-13-11, 10:32 AM
What did that private message say?
I don't care about getting gems for something I cooked with coins but I want the food or clothes or factory orders back because it was not my fault they spoiled.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a private message?

At this point, I don't believe any compensation is being planned for the maintenance.

Superyalda
06-14-11, 03:16 AM
GM, please keep it open for discussion since it's a real stick in the mud.

And BIG THANK YOU for posting publicly to let the users here know what's going on.