PDA

View Full Version : You've GOT to add neighbor list functionality

Gunregistard
05-29-10, 12:02 PM
When you water a neighbor, they should go to the bottom of your neighbor list with a check by the name, for the day or until you're able to water them again. The way it stands now, your neighbors whose names start deeper in the alphabet will never get watered. Please change this. I know you can add a lot more functionality to this game and how it runs -- why, for instance is there a huge lag time when you click on accept for pending neighbor, and why like S8's can't you add them all at once -- so I'm hoping this is just a result of this game being in extremely early beta stages.

Keep up the work, it's a great premise and lots of peaceful time-wasting fun.

Unregistered
05-29-10, 06:21 PM
Being able to check off the farmers that have been watered would really help. I know that I would be able to keep track of the farms I've visited and I would love to be able to see which farms I still have to visit.

Please add this feature!!

Unregistered
05-29-10, 10:05 PM
The thing I find frustrating is that it is a lot of clicks to get to the neighbor list.

I find my self clicking on the first neighbor and then instead of going back to my neighbor list to find the next guy ... I just go to the current guy I am on and click their Wall and pick a name from the wall to water.

It would be nice if there was an icon in the pull out list .. which said "N" or something for Next Neighbor. I could click the N and it would reward people who took the time to get Neighbors added to their list.

Until then I will be just getting people to add me to their neighbor list with out watering them on a regular basis. :-(

Unregistered
05-30-10, 11:46 AM
I have too many neighbors and want to be able to remove some. I can't believe this functionality wasn't added to the game.

Gunregisturd
05-30-10, 01:42 PM
I mean, if they admitted the extreme beta nature of the product, I'd feel much better.

Ellie
05-30-10, 04:59 PM
Agree with above comments and would like to see a flag that tells you if a neighbours farm is fully watered. It's really frustrating visiting a farm and having to search for any spaces especially if they have a large farm that's only got crops.

Unregistered
05-31-10, 11:25 PM
Agree that a flag on the neighbor list when fully watered would be great or better yet a count of unwatered plots and how many waters I have left. On the other hand I have made it a game within a game of hunting out the imbedded unwatered plots or those hidden under trees. I can't understand why people randomly water instead of keeping to a straight row or square. One thing I have found helps is to zoom out until most/all of the farm is visible then you notice the water drop pattern and the missing plots. You also get to see the work some people put into their farm design. I've seen 4 or 5 with words spelled out in the plants and even a side view of a dog and of course many geometric patterns.

Unregistered
06-01-10, 06:23 AM
If this isn't fixed where once you water someone for the day, they drop to bottom of neighbor list, then a lot of people will be renaming themselves things like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAfarmer" just to stay high on a list.

Please, I know it can be done.

Also, off-topic for here, but they should change the watered notification so that it doesn't look like a comment from someone but rather a different-colored, official game message or something.

kindhearted10
12-29-11, 06:26 PM
It is working! When you visit a neighbor he or she goes to the bottom of the list. GREAT!

dalula
12-29-11, 06:32 PM
OMG!!!! no wonder!!!!! i couldnt find my nbr anywhere, thought i had deleted her... shes probable at the bottom!!! Yay!!! next step is to make the list not keep popping back up when you visit nbrs, that would be soooo awesome!!!!

sehana
12-29-11, 07:03 PM
Did TL really implement this feature?!

Super Excited!! I just tested it out!!! YEEEEAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Is this also in the other games as well?

Good job TL on making some progress with the neighbor lists!!!

cupcakes4cece
12-29-11, 07:23 PM
Yes!!! It is working in Bakery, Restaurant, and Farm! Or at least according to other people. I've only played Restaurant since this happened! It is great!

cupcakes4cece
12-29-11, 07:32 PM
Working in Fashion too! I just checked! Awesome! :-)

cupcakes4cece
12-29-11, 07:44 PM
It just started working on Treasure Story, too. I checked only a half hour ago and it was not working then, but now it is.

I hope this means it is going to be a feature in every game! So exciting!

DoubleZ
12-29-11, 10:38 PM
Ok, but what about those you can only partially water? Do they go to the bottom of the list as having been watered??

For instance, I know for fact that I haven't watered 3 of my neighbors but they're at the bottom of the list. I visited them, there was ntw so had planned to return later. Apparently, just visiting them puts them at the bottom even though I couldn't water?? How is that any help??

cupcakes4cece
12-29-11, 11:02 PM
They go to the bottom just for visiting. Doesn't matter if you do anything or not.

How is that a help? I would rather not fully water/tip a couple of neighbors than to deal with the darn-awful scrolling down a long list of neighbors.

sourlicorice2
12-29-11, 11:07 PM
They go to the bottom just for visiting. Doesn't matter if you do anything or not.

How is that a help? I would rather not fully water/tip a couple of neighbors than to deal with the darn-awful scrolling down a long list of neighbors.

I agree besides I always leave a message on my nbrs wall if full that way they can let me know when clear if they want to. With many of the story games I can't always remember who was full and who wasn't. If they don't let me know then they just have to wait till the next day for me to try again unless they r lucky and I remember. I'm loving the new nbr list cycling :-)

pinkster73
12-29-11, 11:20 PM
I agree besides I always leave a message on my nbrs wall if full that way they can let me know when clear if they want to. With many of the story games I can't always remember who was full and who wasn't. If they don't let me know then they just have to wait till the next day for me to try again unless they r lucky and I remember. I'm loving the new nbr list cycling :-)

That's how I do it too. I make one big round every day watering everyone and if they were full then that's still it for the day, unless they let me know they replanted.

GarBear56
12-30-11, 01:49 PM
That's how I do it too. I make one big round every day watering everyone and if they were full then that's still it for the day, unless they let me know they replanted.

I do the same thing. I also will let my neighbors, who visited when I was full, know I replanted (if they leave a note on my wall).

TimeForACuppaTea
12-30-11, 02:59 PM
I like this new feature too. But would love it if the name dropped down ONLY if you actually were able to water (or tip, like, pet, etc). Or have the "visit" button change color similar to how it does when you've already gifted someone. If the "visit" button changed color than I'd know for certain who I'd watered already and who I could go back to. But I'd still want the "visit' button to allow me to visit them again if I want to just chat or something.