PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard to find good neighbors?

xpsycho
05-20-11, 07:14 AM
Seriously, i play Restaurant story and Bakery story and spend time every morning tipping my neighbors and sending great gifts like cappuccino and stew yet it is so hard to find good reliable neighbors in these games. They may add you and gift you one day or two days then BOOM they stop. If there are any GOOD people out there that is looking for a great neighbor to gift and tip on a daily basis and you do the same then please add xpsycho. If you are not 3/4 star then don't add, i want reliable people please!

Storm8 ID: xpsycho

Thanks

Rachael98
05-20-11, 09:08 AM
I tip/gift daily. I think because it's very time consuming. Please explain who you are though or I won't accept. I'm struggling with 117 (?). How do people manage 2000?!:confused:

xpsycho
05-20-11, 09:23 AM
I am lucky to find 20 good neighbors, most of the time they are good only for a few days then stop playing and they drop to 1 star and never tip or gift. Either way, My restaurant is "Little Italy" and the bakery is "Tastes O Heaven"

EDIT: I added your ID and it says you are only a 1* but you said you tip daily... :confused:

chvchv
05-20-11, 09:32 AM
The problem is that TL's games are not interesting enough for one to play them on a consistent basis. All of the games become pretty quickly boring for a lot of people because there is no new content coming and you run out of creative space very quickly (no expansions whatsoever). I see this for example with the CS neighbors. I have several hundreds of neighbors, which were really good in cleaning (3 or 4 stars). Now there are just some left with 3 stars and only 4 with 4 stars. The rest (about 95%) dropped to zero stars!

Sorry to sound negative again, but if there would be something to cheer about I would cheer about it.

xpsycho
05-20-11, 10:48 AM
I agree with you. I too feel like just quitting and going back to zynga games because they constantly update their stuff. The only nice thing about these are the fact they are on my phone which never leaves my side.

saintlover
05-20-11, 04:34 PM
I agree with you. I have had pretty good luck building a dedicated daily group in bakery story but zoo (getting a little better) and fashion leave much to be desired. Most of my neighbors have jumped ship or don't return favors. I maintain 4 stars in each of the three stories and seem to get request from mostly 0-1 star people who never tip again. Sigh.

anemos
05-20-11, 04:50 PM
feel free to add me , as long as you tip me first everyday I will return the favor 300% guaranteed ;) im very high level and still going strong at it so yea , just leave a msg after your tips and you will definitely get tipped back!

My ID: aflyb0y

P.s. Its a zero for those that dont know, and please mention you're from the forum too while youre at it =]

Donnahh
05-21-11, 02:28 AM
I gift every day, but I rarely tip.

Donnahh

xpsycho
05-21-11, 08:27 PM
I agree with you. I have had pretty good luck building a dedicated daily group in bakery story but zoo (getting a little better) and fashion leave much to be desired. Most of my neighbors have jumped ship or don't return favors. I maintain 4 stars in each of the three stories and seem to get request from mostly 0-1 star people who never tip again. Sigh.

That seems to be popular. The low levels want someone that tips and gifts to help them but dont return the favor. Then you get the 0 & 1 star people that only use you for your help and not even courtesy enough to send back.

Garfieldville
05-21-11, 08:54 PM
It really depends on how much time you have at your disposal and how many stories you are following...
you cannot possibly have 4 stars everywhere if you have 5 stories... or you have to spend the whole day tipping, watering, touring, cleaning!
As for RS and BS the problem is also that the tips you can give are 6 at max and the tables are few... Sometimes I do the tour of my neighbors to increase the star rating, but still it's difficult because most of them are constantly full. If you get upset for people not returning the favor, just tip, or water, clean etc only those who leave a message on your wall or those you find in the news. If you really get annoyed and you don't want to send them gifts either, just delete them from your neighbors' list! I personally do not delete anyone, because it happened to me as well that I had very busy days at work and absolutely no time to follow the games, apart from keeping my food from getting spoiled... and it'really not a big effort to send them gifts! The only game in which I always put a lot of effort even if I have NO time, is the farm... and I have 2 of them... All in all, I guess that they introduced the feature of getting money or energy or xps when you visit a neighbor, to make it worth anyway...!

xpsycho
05-21-11, 09:13 PM
For some of us, i guess we have it easy. I only play RS and BS and run through my list daily tipping and gifting everyone on there. I work from home so i have all the time in the world to do it and yes, it is frustrating at times but i understand when people cant do it, they just cant. I dont like the people that tip you every day for a week then once you add them, they are never heard from again. Hey it's life, can't be perfect.. :)

Kris

Id: xpsycho
Bakery story & Restaurant story

wander1ust
05-22-11, 10:51 PM
Gifiting is easy. But tipping takes a lot of time! These stories are a labor of love. It's a slow paced game (you don't level up very quickly), so I think many people lose interest.

moratorro
05-25-11, 02:06 AM
I read all this thread and I agree with most of people. I play only with RS and I have only 50 neighbors.
Yet I just manage to tip daily only my 3 and 4 stars neighbors, because it's a big waste of time (Open social, click neighbors, tip x 6, re-open neighbors, go down list, choose next, and so on...).
I don't mind if someone doesn't tip me, but sure it's not nice if they doesn' gift me.
But anyway I daily gift ALL of them, because it's a lot quicker...

Supervolcano
05-25-11, 02:20 AM
Re: Thread Title

This is why:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?12093-The-Art-of-Free-Weekly-Updates

xpsycho
05-26-11, 08:10 PM
That's not the main reason. Not everyone wants to play for free. I don't mind helping out a company. Would you like it if your boss told you this week you are working for free? These people make these games, yes they do it out of their home, using their time and effort. How could you ask them to create AND maintain these games for free? People need to eat and cloth their families just as much as everyone else. I am proud to support the developers even if they don't update each week. I enjoy the people that do play and the creativity that is in the community. Remember no matter how much time you invest, it's still a game. Games are for enjoyment purposes, not as a escape from reality.

xokay
05-26-11, 08:54 PM
It's just not possible to keep 3-4 Star rating if you own all of the games, have work or school, and hundreds of neighbours. I gift every day, but I barely ever tip, for several reasons. 1) Time 2) My neighbours' stories always seem to be fully tipped already, and I'm not about to check back constantly to see if they've cleaned their stories. 3) Tipping is only really beneficial at the very beginning of the game. After you've leveled up to a certain point, there's a very insignificant increase in coins and xp for it to be worth the time. 4) There's a glitch in my games where I go to a neighbours restaurant, tip them, return a few moments later to see that my tips didn't take. It's a frustrating process. I don't mind if people want to delete me as a neighbour for it. Personally, I don't bother deleting neighbours at all because I really don't care all that much!

Supervolcano
05-26-11, 09:47 PM
That's not the main reason. Not everyone wants to play for free. I don't mind helping out a company. Would you like it if your boss told you this week you are working for free? These people make these games, yes they do it out of their home, using their time and effort. How could you ask them to create AND maintain these games for free? People need to eat and cloth their families just as much as everyone else. I am proud to support the developers even if they don't update each week. I enjoy the people that do play and the creativity that is in the community. Remember no matter how much time you invest, it's still a game. Games are for enjoyment purposes, not as a escape from reality.
If you knew anything about the Storm8/TeamLava company, you'd know how rich their customers made them long long ago.

Take a look at the top grossing apps for apple someday, and do some backround checking on news about the company to educate yourself before embarrasing yourself like that again.

At this point, you're paying for their ferraris and mansions, as they are only getting richer while they keep trying to pump your wallet.

This isn't about wanting to play for free.
I've donated a significant amount to the company.
I don't mind donating to worthy causes.

But when the greed takes over, they'll just keep pushing and pushing your limits instead of being satisfied with the generosity they've received.
And that, my friend, is what this company does, and has been doing for 2.5 years now.

xpsycho
05-28-11, 06:58 PM
My wife wanted me to ask people to add her as well. She had a lot of good people but then they ended up being 2 stars or worse as well. Her id is psychochik27546 and her restaurant name is Bella Villa, bakery name is Taste O Sugar. Gift cappuccino and stew and tip daily! Thanks!

sehana
05-28-11, 08:29 PM
I have a neighbor add form and list and incorporated how often they played and stuff...
You can find the forms & lists in the forum or simply click the "Neighbor Finder" link in my sig :)
Fashion, Zoo, Restaurant & Bakery now include star rating. But I have to update the rest of the forms when time permits :)

Hope this is what you are looking for :)

geniaaL2
05-31-11, 06:48 AM
yea... 80% of my neighbours have 0 stars now and are either inactive with full tables or just lazy asses never tipping....
and btw they should be a tick all friends button... cause its hard to tick every single friend to send the gift to... takes time