PDA

View Full Version : Whattaya Watchin'?

GroupMagma
05-17-11, 12:13 PM
Other than being an app fiend and an avid vidja game player, I'm also a big fan of movies and TV. Soooooo, I thought I'd make a thread to see what everyone else watches. :)

Haven't been to the theatre in over a month, but the last new movie I saw was Source Code. Pretty awesome movie with an interesting plot, quick pacing and some fine acting by -Bubble Boy- Jake G.

Haven't seen Thor yet, but I hear it's pretty good.

How about you guys? Anything in theatres or on TV you've seen lately?

trenae
05-17-11, 01:04 PM
Why yes, if you're going to ask, I'm going to have to answer. Apps and games first of course, but when I need a bit of down time I enjoy movies and TV. :D

Last movie I saw at the theater was Fast Five. All I'm going to say is RIO BABY! Ok I'll tell a bit more, I love that series (eh, Tokyo drift could have been left out but whatever). Some didn't like Fast Five, but I loved it. If you're into the series, then you'd probably like it.

Thor is on my list to see, it's a must see at the theater.

For DVD:
Just watched No Strings attached (girly movie quota filled until next month)
Black Swan - very odd and dark movie. Well done, but wow, it's something else alright.
The Green Hornet - I like this movie
Resident Evil Afterlife - because the series is <3

GroupMagma
05-17-11, 01:07 PM
Ah yes, and I'm also hoping to rush through Avatar: The Last Airbender again before it gets taken down from Netflix. I love that show. :D

Phthon
05-17-11, 01:28 PM
I am an animation fiend...so much that I studied it in college and got my first job as an animator for a computer game company...soooo...I watched How To Train Your Dragon this weekend. I loved it!

I also enjoyed Public Enemy. We don't go to the theater because I am not paying those prices for my hubby to take a nap. :D

I watch the Harry Potter movies as well as the Pirates of the Caribbean over and over.

On TV I LOVE NCIS and Bones. I aslo like the Big Bang Theory.

mattdiner
05-17-11, 02:06 PM
TV:
The Simpsons
The Office
Community
Chuck
The Voice
Supernatural
Smallville (Great series finale, btw!)
Bob's Burgers

Mogwai4111
05-17-11, 02:31 PM
Atlas Shrugged part 1 was pretty good if you like Ayn Rand. Horrible freshness rating from rotten tomatos though, think it was 9%

I'm a sucker for the reality competition shows like Survivor, Big Brother, and Apprentice (not the singing or dancing competitions).

lesleypsg1
05-17-11, 04:48 PM
Last tv series I enjoyed was Stargatesg1 and Atlantis
Fav movies are Stargate of course, and prophecy series with Christopher walken.

Last movie I saw in theatre? Can't remember but it was last month. For the past several years theyve been kid focused, for my kid....and I don't pay much attention during them as they're not my preferred genre of sci fi, horror. Tv now is also kid focused, ergo why I'm playing story games on my iPad in the evenings.

And ya, I'd like to see Thor too, but as there are no princess fairies, doubt I'll be allowed to see it..lol

Donnahh
05-20-11, 03:20 AM
We have Austar so ...

Dirty Jobs (Mike Rowe is sexy. I love his voice)
America's Hardest Prisons (eye opening)
Mythbusters (I love berets and mustaches, and nerds riding Segways ...)
Toddlers and Tiaras (Don't ask .. I find it hard not to watch when it's on)
Antiques Roadshow (I love the ITS WORTH WHAT??)
Meerkat Manor
Ghost Adventures / Ghost Hunters / Most Haunted
Spirited (Aussie made drama for Austar)
Deadliest Catch (Poor Capt Phil :( )
and

.... iCarly. And I blame my kids for that, but i find it funny.

Mogwai4111
05-20-11, 04:12 AM
haha Meerkat Manor is GREAT!!

Rachael98
05-20-11, 09:23 AM
haha Meerkat Manor is GREAT!!

I LOVE MM! The little things are soooooo cute!

Donnahh
05-21-11, 02:21 AM
I LOVE MM! The little things are soooooo cute!

I actually cried in the first season when Shakespeare was bitten by a snake and later died ...

Rachael98
05-21-11, 02:38 AM
I actually cried in the first season when Shakespeare was bitten by a snake and later died ...

Aww...:( Don't remind me about that:(:(:( Think of the good stuff...

ahshan
05-21-11, 07:04 AM
As a kid, I last watched on TV:
A bunch of Disney shows
The Big Bang Theory
South Park
Conan
Friends

Last Movies I watched:
Pirates of the Carribean (I used to be scared of the tentacle dude, but after watching 1 of them, I'm going to watch the rest cause it was AMAZING)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (can't wait for part 2)
The Green Hornet (was hilarious!)
The King's Speech (Great acting. Although as a kid, it wasn't that inspirational)

trenae
06-02-11, 01:16 PM
Recently watched I Am Number Four. It wasn't a bad movie, there were parts I liked about it. It just didn't have enough of the paranormal element to suit my needs for that kind of movie. ;) Decent enough though.

And yay Hulu - watching the second season of Drop Dead Diva (one of the non crime related shows I watch - there's not many though).

cwmw
06-03-11, 06:15 AM
pirates of the Caribbean was awesome

sterlingempire
06-08-11, 05:01 PM
Glee!! I am a total Gleek!

trenae
06-08-11, 05:09 PM
I have yet to see a full episode of Glee. Time to check it out me thinks. :D

Watched Legion the other day. Was a pretty good movie. Next up will be watching the Drawn Together Movie. ;)

greygull
06-08-11, 07:15 PM
Waiting for the end of the month, all the new seasons are starting again! Watching Haven (of course) and True Blood. Starting new shows, Alphas and Torchwood. We'll see how those go!

Rachael98
06-09-11, 04:27 AM
Last Movies I watched:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (can't wait for part 2)...

Nor can I! My favourite part is Dobby:
...just wished to maim, or seriously injure...

And no one can say that I'm sick-minded for laughing at that along with the rest of the cinema because he was talking to the second-in-command Death Eater.

I loved the books too. I wish that Rowling would write some more, but she said that she doesn't want to:(

goneforevertdg
07-23-11, 11:18 PM
Movies: HP 7-2. of course!; Green Latern- I thought it was ok. Nothing I loved though ; American President- I had an odd urge to watch a Michael Douglas movie [next up- Fatal Attraction], Horrible Bosses- funny, at times.
Shows: Nine Lives of Chloe King- the pilot was free on iTunes, & I'm glad it was, I'll never spend even time on this show ; Tosh.o :) ; Kitchen Nightmares!

I loved the books too. I wish that Rowling would write some more, but she said that she doesn't want to:(
I don't want any more HP [even though I love it] I don't want some spin off about their children getting into some scruffle with old death eater familes. There's always well written fanfiction to fill that void at least

LanokaHarbor
07-24-11, 12:59 AM
Just finished watching:

Movies:
Fools Gold
I Am Number Four
Kick *ss

Television:
Primeval
Warehouse 13
Burn Notice
Royal Pains
Leverage
Drop Dead Diva
Being Human (the BBC version)
White Collar
Suits
Franklin & Bash
The Glades
Memphis Beat

And I just finished watching the entire four seasons of
Battlestar Galactica on Netflix

gobblies
07-24-11, 01:07 AM
Movies:
HP7-2
Transformers 3

TV:
South Park
Family Guy
The Simpsons
Sabrina The T/W
Bewitched ;)

Rachael98
07-24-11, 01:48 AM
Movies:
HP7-2
Transformers 3

TV:
South Park
Family Guy
The Simpsons
Sabrina The T/W
Bewitched ;)

Loved HPatDHp2 (<---long acronym:p); what was your favourite part?

gobblies
07-24-11, 01:53 AM
Hmm.. When all the death eaters were firing the sparks at hogwarts and where minerve mcgonnagal did that knight spell.

Rachael98
07-24-11, 02:43 AM
Hmm.. When all the death eaters were firing the sparks at hogwarts and where minerve mcgonnagal did that knight spell.

That was funny. "I've always wanted to do that spell". Like nothing McGonagoll would ever say! I liked Dobby's words tp Bellatrix in p1. This one I think that the Death Eater effects were spectacular.

gobblies
07-24-11, 02:44 AM
That was hilarious! my mother loves that part too... Mcgonagoll is a cool character.

greygull
07-24-11, 09:37 AM
Just saw it yesterday. I loved that they kept the line from Molly Weasley : "Not my daughter you *****!" Great movie all around!

jovenal
07-24-11, 10:40 AM
Since it's summertime: TV shiow : Eureka, Warehouse13, Alpha, Haven, White Collar and Suits
Movies I've seen: Midnight in Paris, HP7 part2, Transformer 3, Super8

xokay
07-24-11, 10:50 AM
Just watched "The Messenger" last night. I was pretty disappointed in romance aspect of it. I really didn't want it to be that kind of a movie.

As for HP, I'm one of the biggest fans of the books you'll find, but the movie made me angry. They changed some of the most important elements to the story, had characters die who Rowling didn't say died in the books, etc. Made me furious. I need to watch it again but my first reaction wasn't the happiest.

Also watched "Horrible Bosses" last week and it was hysterical. I absolutely can't get enough of that movie.

bawpotter
07-24-11, 12:12 PM
Also from HP7P2 I liked Neville and the Snatchers.

Snatchers: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(Snatchers evaporate at the boundary of the spell)
Neville: Yeah! You and who's army!

bawpotter
07-24-11, 12:14 PM
Also, just thought of this.

McGonagoll: Longbottom, you might want to bring allong your friend Mr. Finnigan. He is an expert at Pyromatics.

Remember when stuff always blows up in Seamus' face in the early movies?

LanokaHarbor
07-24-11, 01:07 PM
Since it's summertime: TV shiow : Eureka, Warehouse13, Alpha, Haven, White Collar and Suits
Movies I've seen: Midnight in Paris, HP7 part2, Transformer 3, Super8

Great minds think alike (almost)

greygull
07-24-11, 03:00 PM
Great minds think alike (almost)

Same here! (almost)

greygull
07-24-11, 11:10 PM
Did anyone watch True Blood tonight? ARG!

LanokaHarbor
07-25-11, 12:01 AM
No I was watching Leverage, then Falling Skies, then The Glades, then Drop Dead Diva, lol

cakesJordanEz
07-25-11, 08:37 PM
TV:
The Simpsons
The Office
Community
Chuck
The Voice
Supernatural
Smallville (Great series finale, btw!)
Bob's Burgers

I watch Bob's Burgers too! I used too watch Smallville with my crush, but when I moved I no longer watch it!
Um, I also watch:
The Big Bang Theory
Doctor Who ( I'm American)
Infomania ( Its no longer on anymore)
Leverage
And more

I haven't seen any new movies in a while!

cakesJordanEz
07-25-11, 08:45 PM
I watch Bob's Burgers too! I used too watch Smallville with my crush, but when I moved I no longer watch it!
Um, I also watch:
The Big Bang Theory
Doctor Who ( I'm American)
Infomania ( Its no longer on anymore)
Leverage
And more

I haven't seen any new movies in a while!

I also watch:
Warehouse 13 (very good show)
Eureka
Haven (really, really good show!)
White Collar
Torchwood (had to get rid of Showtime to get Starz! :P)
Being Human BBC (like I said before, I'm an American)

GroupMagma
07-25-11, 11:44 PM
And I just finished watching the entire four seasons of
Battlestar Galactica on Netflix

A wise decision. :D

I saw HP7-2 on the first night... pretty good, though I thought the ending could have better. (And yes, I read the books :) ).

Saw Capt. America a couple days back, and thought that was alright, but preeeeeety corny.

Super8 was awesome. Probably my favorite movie of the summer, though that ending could have been a bit better executed as well.

gobblies
07-25-11, 11:55 PM

I saw HP7-2 on the first night... pretty good, though I thought the ending could have better. (And yes, I read the books :) ).

Totally agree GM!

cast1532
07-26-11, 12:03 AM
Harry Potter wasnt what I expected. I thought it was going to be more sadder. I wanted to cry in the movie but I didn't. IMO it sucked. Last movie I saw was Captain American and I thought it was pretty good. Who stayed after the credits and saw the preview for the next movie? Can't wait for next year and I don't evel like Iron Man. I prefer Superman. Also, I saw Horrible Bosses. It was hilarious.

Favorite shows:
Lost, Smallville, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Rookie Blue, 1,000 ways to die, Nikita, (love love) Dexter (Best ****er ever), The Challenge: Rivals, etc...

I love watching tv. I can go on but I won't.

gobblies
07-26-11, 12:14 AM

Snatchers: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol.. thats a cool part

LanokaHarbor
07-26-11, 12:34 AM
I also watch:
Being Human BBC (like I said before, I'm an American)

I can't believe they ****ed off Mitchell. He was hot!

gobblies
07-26-11, 02:01 AM
I can't believe they ****ed off Mitchell. He was hot!

Yeah, that wasnt cool :(

Rachael98
07-26-11, 05:56 AM

...(Switches back to other scene)
[/I](Death Eaters destroy boundary, then go charging on...Neville just manages to get to the other side)[/I]
Neville: That went well...

I saw HP7-2 on the first night... pretty good, though I thought the ending could have better. (And yes, I read the books :) ).[QUOTE]

The thing about the HP movies is that the books were outstanding; it's a pretty difficult task to even start trying to get a film to that standard. Then when it's not...the audience might be disappointed:(. But what would you have (realistically) have wanted the ending to be...it wasn't perhaps the very best ending of any film ever, but I can't really think of anything that would be at all better. Except if they'd let Peeves sing his song; I'm not sure that (c) allows me to post it here, so people, buy the book:D!

[QUOTE=cast1532;96241]Harry Potter wasnt what I expected. I thought it was going to be more sadder. I wanted to cry in the movie but I didn't. IMO it sucked. Last movie I saw was Captain American and I thought it was pretty good. Who stayed after the credits and saw the preview for the next movie? Can't wait for next year and I don't evel like Iron Man. I prefer Superman. Also, I saw Horrible Bosses. It was hilarious.

Favorite shows:
Lost, Smallville, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds, Rookie Blue, 1,000 ways to die, Nikita, (love love) Dexter (Best ****er ever), The Challenge: Rivals, etc...

I love watching tv. I can go on but I won't.

Aww...you didn't cry? But there was so much sadness. Perhaps it was completely overshadowed by all the action?

Rachael98
07-26-11, 05:58 AM
(Death Eaters destroy boundary, then go charging on...Neville just manages to get to the other side)[/I]
D'oh...two [/I]s...Oh well:o

Rachael98
07-26-11, 05:59 AM
D'oh...two [/I]s...Oh well:o

Ah, come on...I give up on this BB Code:p!

copycats
04-21-12, 10:11 PM
The kids are all right, felicity an american girl adventure and spirited away:)

lylahmae
04-25-12, 07:21 PM
Revenge....

freshfoods
04-25-12, 07:23 PM
last movie i saw was the hunger games. the book was better....

jellybelly2001
04-25-12, 07:28 PM

Good to know
In the middle of the book. Soo good

sparks229
04-25-12, 08:20 PM

Me too. Except I hadn't even read the books when I saw it. I'm in like chapter 9.

sourlicorice2
04-25-12, 09:01 PM
Last 2 movies I saw in theatre:
127 hours (I may have the number wrong but where the guy was stuck in the canyon, his arm was pinned) Good movie but sad it happened for real.
Hunger games - it was ok.

TV shows:

Survivor
American Idol (though I tend to miss episodes here or there if there's something better on)
Glee
The Amazing Race
Wipeout
The Dog Whisperer
Any Animal documentary
Supernatural

That's about it. There's other shows I watch occasionally if there's nothing else on I want to watch.

KindleFire083
06-03-13, 11:28 PM
don't know whether to bump this old thread or start a fresh Whattaya Watchin' since this is in Off-Topics

I've watched 4 Meryl Streep films in 30 days: Sophie's Choice, The Bridges of Madison County is on right now, Doubt a few days ago, and The Devil Wears Prada once a week.

Before Bridges came on, I watched a 90s classic Dirty Dancing...nobody puts Baby in the corner

kooky panda
06-04-13, 10:10 AM
Here is a more current thread

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?38322-Favorite-tv-show&p=639475&viewfull=1#post639475