PDA

View Full Version : Missions/Tasks...??

DoubleZ
05-16-11, 08:01 PM
I'm at Level 69 and have over 9.25 million coins and only 10 gems. I can't afford to buy gems, so have to earn them the hard way. I have 3 missions/tasks (not sure what they're called) currently on my screen.
1. Big Country Welcome (buy 2 armchairs and 1 bench)
2. Corn-A-Copia (plant, fertilize and harvest corn 5 times)
3. Treemium Farm (buy 2 apple and 1 plum tree)

I will never complete any of these missions for the following reasons:
1. I have no need for armchairs or benches nor do I want them on my farm.
2. I can plant and harvest corn 5 times, but would cost 5 gems to fertilize 5 times. I have no desire to waste 5 of my 10 precious gems on fertilizer.
3. I have an over abundance of apple and plum trees in my inventory. I'm not going to choose to buy more of something that I already have a surplus of.

The nominal reward for completing these missions isn't worth buying things I don't want, be it via coin or gems. So, my question is, since I have no plans to complete these missions, how to I get them off of my screen? They're cluttering up the screen, making it more cumbersome to work with the left side of my farm.

In hindsight, I wish I'd never downloaded the update...though, I didn't have much of a choice. I'd accidentally deleted the app from my device, and the new version was my only option if I wanted to continue playing.

Mogwai4111
05-17-11, 07:12 AM
Think of it as if your reward for completing the missions is to get the mission icon off your screen. Problem solved :)

RageofMars
05-17-11, 10:10 AM
Think of it as if your reward for completing the missions is to get the mission icon off your screen. Problem solved :)

That's pretty much it. I bit the bullet and spent the gems to fertilize the corn just so I don't have to worry about that mission icon anymore. It was driving me nuts.

aniek1987
05-17-11, 11:23 AM
why not buy them and then sell them again? The only task i have to do -and refuse to do- is the 5 gems corn task. I bought the arm chairs and sold them once the task was done.

DoubleZ
05-17-11, 10:44 PM
why not buy them and then sell them again? The only task i have to do -and refuse to do- is the 5 gems corn task. I bought the arm chairs and sold them once the task was done.

I'll have to do this I suppose, even though it's absurd. Like you, I refuse to waste 5 hard earned gems to buy fertilizer, so I guess I'll have to deal with that one being forever on my farm. Wish Team Lava would just make them go away.

DoubleZ
05-17-11, 10:46 PM

Problem solved? Really?? Are you going to replace the 5 gems I waste on fertilizer? Is Team Lava?? Problem NOT solved!

DoubleZ
05-17-11, 10:55 PM
Bought the bench and armchairs then sold them. It cost me 1800 coins to buy them, earned 20XP for buying them, and they sold for 240 coins. So I guess my "reward" was the loss of 1560 coins and gain of 30XP. Wow...

DoubleZ
05-17-11, 11:06 PM
Is there and end to the missions? In other words, can I do one right after another until there are no more, or will there be an infinite barrage of them? Group Magma, do you know??

Mogwai4111
05-17-11, 11:30 PM
Problem solved? Really??

Yes.

Okay another way to think of it is logically:

waste not = want not

When simplified, the "not"s cancel out from each side, leaving us with:

waste = want

So feel free to "waste" those gems you "want" so bad, it would be completely logical! Again, problem solved :)

DoubleZ
05-17-11, 11:57 PM
Yes.

Okay another way to think of it is logically:

waste not = want not

When simplified, the "not"s cancel out from each side, leaving us with:

waste = want

So feel free to "waste" those gems you "want" so bad, it would be completely logical! Again, problem solved :)

Obviously, you can afford to buy gems.

Mogwai4111
05-18-11, 12:51 AM

That's not my point. Regardless, if I could then I wouldn't be playing the ad filled version of Angry Birds, or free apps like Farm Story.

RageofMars
05-18-11, 07:12 AM

Well, TeamLava does start you off with 10 free gems, so think of it as them decreasing the initial reward by making you spend 5 on getting rid of the mission/task icon.

All sarcasm aside, I haven't bought any gems yet, play all TL games, and have had good experiences playing them for the past year.

sweetie_bug
07-08-11, 06:57 PM
I'm having the same problem on one of my devices. I have no gems. On Level 13 it says Corn-A-Copia, 2nd task is fertilize corn 5 times, except you have to buy fertilizer with gems and I refuse to spend money on a game.

MiniLaura
07-08-11, 08:06 PM
I don't even have tasks or missions. But threads like these make me glad that I don't.

Mogwai4111
07-08-11, 08:35 PM
I don't even have tasks or missions. But threads like these make me glad that I don't.

+1. One of the things most Androiders take for granted.

hectorloch
07-09-11, 12:46 AM
Is there and end to the missions? In other words, can I do one right after another until there are no more, or will there be an infinite barrage of them? Group Magma, do you know??

GM having a rest presumably, so I'll presume and tell you it's not endless and the goal of removing them all is achievable. I agree the mandatory gem corn quest is not the friendliest thing TL have done. However, the only consolation I can offer is there are no more inescapable gem only tasks awaiting you - all the rest have coin / time solutions.