PDA

View Full Version : Update has arrived & what a surprise.

iSonicFarm
05-14-11, 01:33 AM
I woke up this morning turned on my phone & farm story to find a notice about a new update

so we have a wind turbine, a black bull & apricot trees & what a surprise one costs 6 gems & one cost 21 gems, so more thing for TeamLava to make more money.

what about add thing that we dont have to buy with gems, this is a game not a shopping trip.

what about a item that grows in 2 hours, 5 hours, 10 hours or let us convert game money in to gems.

i will never buy gems to get a item in a game it just not worth it.

hectorloch
05-14-11, 04:46 AM
Well, that's peanuts - done and "gnome" that is. The Apricot Trees will take a little longer - about 15 days with my current orchard number of about 85 trees. No gems payable for them, in fairness. But this is the first crop update since artichokes and chrysants - how long ago was that ? Weekly updates ? I think not !

lesleypsg1
05-14-11, 06:01 AM
I for one like the update. Playing devils advocate, they should release one or two things a week, rather than many things at once then nothing for weeks or months. Space it out so they can meet the weekly update ad and quell the squealing.

I think it fair if they added one or two free items, then some for gems. They have to make a living too. If everything was free the game couldn't operate for long. At least not with any amount of quality and lavas graphic ability exceeds anything I've seen thus far.

Good job Lava, thanks, and keep up the good work

flowless
05-14-11, 07:01 AM
I for one like the update. Playing devils advocate, they should release one or two things a week, rather than many things at once then nothing for weeks or months. Space it out so they can meet the weekly update ad and quell the squealing.

I think it fair if they added one or two free items, then some for gems. They have to make a living too. If everything was free the game couldn't operate for long. At least not with any amount of quality and lavas graphic ability exceeds anything I've seen thus far.

as if u can read my mind
could not agree more

chvchv
05-14-11, 07:23 AM

I don't agree totally. Yes, TL needs to make money, but it is not absolutely necessary to divide the offered items into coin-only items and gem-only items. All "gem" items of "We Rule" are also offered for coins.... and take a look where they are: Above TL's games. "We Rule" is right now in the Top Grossing list at rank #17. The "best" of all TL's games is in the Top Grossing list at rank #39 (Fashion Story). Even "Tiny Zoo" (Rank #29) is above all of TL's games.

Obviously "We Rule's" concept works much better... and they have free update all the fri****g time. In fact, they have more updates for We Rule in a week, than TL has for all of their games combined in a month.

Rachael98
05-14-11, 07:29 AM

You have read my mind. It would be so logical! Although (I don't play FmS, but I assume the same thing happened as on RS), it said 'The weekly update is here!'. Does that mean that they are changing their ways and are now going to launch weekly updates properly now?

Rachael98
05-14-11, 07:32 AM
I don't agree totally. Yes, TL needs to make money, but it is not absolutely necessary to divide the offered items into coin-only items and gem-only items. All "gem" items of "We Rule" are also offered for coins.... and take a look where they are: Above TL's games. "We Rule" is right now in the Top Grossing list at rank #17. The "best" of all TL's games is in the Top Grossing list at rank #39 (Fashion Story). Even "Tiny Zoo" (Rank #29) is above all of TL's games.

Obviously "We Rule's" concept works much better... and they have free update all the fri****g time. In fact, they have more updates for We Rule in a week, than TL has for all of their games combined in a month.

Sometimes, in a month, TL games get no update at all, so that would make sense. I hope that they do start releasing weekly updates though...I expect I'll now get a load of comments saying things like "you wish". Prove them wrong TeamLava!

lesleypsg1
05-14-11, 07:44 AM

Well chvchv, I disagree with you completely. I've played both We series and tap. About We, I find the graphics terrible, and the bugs so annoying I stopped playing. The crashing is constant. I never paid ngmoco a dime because when I could save to buy an item I did that rather than fork over real money. Yes, some people are impatient and bought, but willing to bet there are many like me who waited and saved. It's probably why they have terrible graphics and servers that crash.

As for tap....graphics suck. Nuff said. Guess I'm just a graphics snob.

lesleypsg1
05-14-11, 07:49 AM
Sometimes, in a month, TL games get no update at all, so that would make sense. I hope that they do start releasing weekly updates though...I expect I'll now get a load of comments saying things like "you wish". Prove them wrong TeamLava!

Personally I think it's their intent all along, they've just struggled organizing their business process. All things considered, it's still a fairly new genre....under two years. It takes time to pull it together. But in a world where people are demanding instant gratification on just about everything, guess we have to put up with the demanding ego types with a heavy sigh and roll of the eyes. I've been playing for a year, think I'll hang in there with them because I enjoy the games and thus far no alternatives I like.

lesleypsg1
05-14-11, 07:54 AM
I don't agree totally. Yes, TL needs to make money, but it is not absolutely necessary to divide the offered items into coin-only items and gem-only items. All "gem" items of "We Rule" are also offered for coins.... and take a look where they are: Above TL's games. "We Rule" is right now....
(edit to save space...read his/her post)

So begs the question as it really seems to bother you....why are you even bothering with lava games?
Their ad ticks off
Lack of updates tick you off
Gem item costing ticks you off
does anything about these games or the company NOT tick you off?
Must be as you're still around and playing...love to hear what it is.

crystalrayn3
05-14-11, 09:45 AM
So begs the question as it really seems to bother you....why are you even bothering with lava games?
Their ad ticks off

Lesley nailed it on the head. If a person is so disappointed with TL games there's a simple solution. Don't play them!

Mogwai4111
05-14-11, 09:54 AM
Their ad ticks off

good posting

xokay
05-14-11, 10:05 AM
Personally I think it's their intent all along, they've just struggled organizing their business process. All things considered, it's still a fairly new genre....under two years. It takes time to pull it together. But in a world where people are demanding instant gratification on just about everything, guess we have to put up with the demanding ego types with a heavy sigh and roll of the eyes. I've been playing for a year, think I'll hang in there with them because I enjoy the games and thus far no alternatives I like.

If they are overwhelmed with the success they've had, that's perfectly understandable. What drives me crazy is that they realize that they cannot live up to their advertisements of "free weekly updates" and yet, keep that there, misleading new players and pissing off the old ones. Personally, I stick around because I love the graphics of the games and enjoy them until I get to the 3rd mastery level. I'm just tired of the false advertisement.

crystalrayn3
05-14-11, 01:06 PM

Agreed

sissy8
05-14-11, 02:33 PM
no peacock, just peanuts ;(

hectorloch
05-14-11, 04:28 PM
Interesting. I'm with xokay. Where I come from TL's boast of weekly updates would be commercial dishonesty. If I didn't like the game, of course I wouldn't play it - or even be here. But the fact the game is good doesn't cure or forgive the blatant misrepresentation of the promise of weekly updates when plainly there is no such thing. So, I'll go on being critical on that score until TL either fulfil their promise or publish the true position.

Rachael98
05-14-11, 04:44 PM
Their ad ticks off

I completely agree with you.

redbites
05-14-11, 04:45 PM
Where I come from TL's boast of weekly updates would be commercial dishonesty.
It obviously doesn't matter to them, it's not like someone is going to sue them for a free ipod game

Rachael98
05-14-11, 04:46 PM
Interesting. I'm with xokay. Where I come from TL's boast of weekly updates would be commercial dishonesty. If I didn't like the game, of course I wouldn't play it - or even be here. But the fact the game is good doesn't cure or forgive the blatant misrepresentation of the promise of weekly updates when plainly there is no such thing. So, I'll go on being critical on that score until TL either fulfil their promise or publish the true position.

Well posted! I couldn't have phrased it better myself.

Bandtx
05-15-11, 10:50 AM
There only source of income from this game is selling gems, they will NEVER EVER allow you to exchange farmstory gold into gems, even I think that is ridiculous

hectorloch
05-20-11, 01:59 PM
Well, let me cautiously issue some forgiveness - 2 weeks, 2 updates ! Hardly have we had time to harvest our apricots - we had our peanuts before lunch the same day - than we have a new fruit, a new gem dec and .... and, yes, a vineyard for cash, albeit 10m ! Well done TeamLava. Shall we tune in, same time, next week ?

GroupMagma
05-20-11, 02:16 PM
It's our hope that we'll be able to release content on a weekly basis, though sometimes schedule conflicts/bugs/etc. may hold up releases a bit. But you'll definitely see an increase in the consistency new content is ready. :D

hawk8
05-20-11, 02:24 PM
Weekly updates! Its time to start playing farm story again. Dont foget about some level increases and some new expansions!

desertfarmer
05-21-11, 03:17 AM
It's our hope that we'll be able to release content on a weekly basis, though sometimes schedule conflicts/bugs/etc. may hold up releases a bit. But you'll definitely see an increase in the consistency new content is ready. :D

For once i will hold on to ur words. Wait and see ...?? 

lauralafarm
05-21-11, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the updates, great to have something to look forward to!

gingerkids
05-21-11, 05:54 PM
I see some of my neighbors got new vineyards and alfalfa... But these new decorations/crops are not available in my store though they are clearly visible on my neighbors farms... Anybody else having this issue with the new updates?

Tried resetting device, redownloading app, and still no dice. Any ideas?

lesleypsg1
05-21-11, 07:00 PM
I see some of my neighbors got new vineyards and alfalfa... But these new decorations/crops are not available in my store though they are clearly visible on my neighbors farms... Anybody else having this issue with the new updates?

Tried resetting device, redownloading app, and still no dice. Any ideas?

Are you playing on original farm, or valentine or flowers? Use original, resdownload if necessary.

Or... Are you playing on an I device or android? Android doesn't seem to get the updates as fast as idevices

gingerkids
05-21-11, 07:28 PM
Are you playing on original farm, or valentine or flowers? Use original, resdownload if necessary.

Or... Are you playing on an I device or android? Android doesn't seem to get the updates as fast as idevices

Original, current version, 1.7.4, on iPad2 iOS 4.3.3
Already redownloaded, but that didn't change anything. I've received many updates before, and noticed that quitting the app then relaunching (especially after midnight) is usually enough to trigger server updates... Not this time though.

Thanks for your help :)

gingerkids
05-21-11, 07:31 PM
Are you playing on original farm, or valentine or flowers?

;) also not playing 'farm story summer' or 'farm story snaps' as long as we're listing outdated versions

lesleypsg1
05-21-11, 07:46 PM
Very odd then...I'm on iPad 1st gen o.s 4.3,3 level 95 and I have the updates just fine.

May I suggest you private message group magma and/or email support. Best of luck

Ps hope you're liking ipad2. A friend recently got and loves it.I thought about, but think I'll hold out for next (3rd) gen. Rumor has it,might have USB capability 

Camillo2
05-22-11, 07:13 AM
I'm having the same problem as gingerkids - no sign of the latest update items (alfalfa, vineyard) either. I also tried all the usual quick fixes. I am on a 1st generation iPad with latest OS & current version of FS...weird...

Rachael98
05-22-11, 07:20 AM

Alleluia!;):):o;):p;);). I'm mad. Madly happy! Thank you!

gingerkids
05-23-11, 08:00 PM
Several hours of server downtime last night, but afterward the missing new items (alfalfa/vineyard) were available. Thanks for fixing the issue teamlava.