PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Customers don't know new mirrors are mirrors!

driftboutique
05-13-11, 09:31 PM
First of all, today's Fashion Story updates are AMAZING. So amazing in fact that I replaced all my full length mirrors with the new square ones... Only to get a message saying "customers cannot find their way to any mirrors."

The mirrors are definitely NOT blocked, they are in exactly the same place as the old mirrors and the customers can find those just fine. It just seems like the new mirrors have not been properly designated as mirrors on the backend. Please fix this ASAP! I just spent all my gold on those mirrors and would like to use them :(

GroupMagma
05-14-11, 10:59 AM
OK, thanks for letting us know. I'll communicate this with the development team.

kooky panda
05-14-11, 02:24 PM
First of all, today's Fashion Story updates are AMAZING. So amazing in fact that I replaced all my full length mirrors with the new square ones... Only to get a message saying "customers cannot find their way to any mirrors."

The mirrors are definitely NOT blocked, they are in exactly the same place as the old mirrors and the customers can find those just fine. It just seems like the new mirrors have not been properly designated as mirrors on the backend. Please fix this ASAP! I just spent all my gold on those mirrors and would like to use them :(

I have two of the new gold oval floor mirrors and my customers are using them. I am on iPhone 4

driftboutique
05-14-11, 02:47 PM
It's actually even more complicated. I can place some out, but not a whole row. Unfortunately, if I place the number it allows me to without giving me the error, I only have 3 mirrors out. So for now I am sticking with the old ones. If anybody needs to take a look at what I'm talking about my storm8 ID is driftboutique (you might have guessed :p ) and it's over in the far left of my boutique. If I replace all those with square mirrors, that's when I get the error.

Oh, and I did try clearing a 2 block wide path instead of a one block wide path to see if that helped, but it made no difference.

donnapetersen
05-14-11, 02:49 PM
Can we get new wall mirrors? Those gold oval ones are ugly

bakery1sj
05-16-11, 10:19 AM
I second the new wall mirrors please.

anouk80
05-17-11, 01:39 PM
Same here with the mirrors. It's not about where they are placed. The costumers don't recognize the square mirrors as being mirrors. They DO recognize THE oval ones. I'm sure cause I got both. Please fix this...

GroupMagma
05-17-11, 03:32 PM
Same here with the mirrors. It's not about where they are placed. The costumers don't recognize the square mirrors as being mirrors. They DO recognize THE oval ones. I'm sure cause I got both. Please fix this...

It seems that they do recognize them as mirrors -- just not in the correct place. We'll push a server-side update to correct this issue soon. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

driftboutique
05-17-11, 03:40 PM
Yayyy! Thank you so much! Since it will be a server-side update, can you please post to this thread to let us know when it has occurred?

GroupMagma
05-17-11, 03:52 PM
Yayyy! Thank you so much! Since it will be a server-side update, can you please post to this thread to let us know when it has occurred?

According to the engineering team, the update has just been pushed. The mirrors should work now. :)

driftboutique
05-17-11, 06:59 PM
According to the engineering team, the update has just been pushed. The mirrors should work now. :)

They do! Hooray! :D

anouk80
05-18-11, 11:08 AM
I put the square mirrors back but they can only be recognized on the side and not the front...I Placed them on different spots horizontal and vertical but doesn't work. :(

GroupMagma
05-18-11, 11:10 AM
I put the square mirrors back but they can only be recognized on the side and not the front...I Placed them on different spots horizontal and vertical but doesn't work. :(

That was how the mirrors were working before the update; have you restarted your device since then?

anouk80
05-18-11, 03:49 PM
Yes I have. I just checked but still thesame..

Rachael98
05-18-11, 03:50 PM
Yes I have. I just checked but still thesame..

Try reinstalling the app.

driftboutique
05-18-11, 04:22 PM
Actually, mine have stopped working as well. Back to the old mirrors again :(

Rachael98
05-18-11, 04:23 PM
Actually, mine have stopped working as well. Back to the old mirrors again :(

:rolleyes: Oh dear. Hold on a second.

GroupMagma
05-18-11, 04:38 PM
Oh, fiddlesticks. OK -- I'll chat with the devs again regarding this issue.

Rachael98
05-18-11, 04:41 PM
Oh, fiddlesticks. OK -- I'll chat with the devs again regarding this issue.

Indeed. I wonder what it is going wrong...

GroupMagma
05-18-11, 04:57 PM
Devs have been notified and we've reproduced the issue on our end. We'll get that sorted out as soon as we can. Thanks for letting us know.

anouk80
05-19-11, 01:37 AM
Yeay! For now my mirrors are working!  Thanks!