PDA

View Full Version : Symbols in chat

KittyCity
08-28-10, 06:03 AM
How can I make those hearts and sparkles and other symbols that my neighbors are posting on my walls. My text is just so plain. :(

deadpix
08-28-10, 10:06 AM
It depends on whether you're using an iPhone/iPod Touch or iPad.

In an iPhone/iPod Touch, you'll need to download the "Emoji Free" app from the app store. Run it and follow the instructions until it tells you it has successfully installed itself. Quit the app and go to Settings, General, Keyboard, International keyboards, Add New Keyboard... Select Japanese and back in the keyboards page, select Japanese followed by Emoji. This activates the Emoji keyboard for selection whenever you have a text box to fill in. When writing on a wall, tap on the text box and select the Emoji keyboard by tapping on the Globe icon next to the space bar.

In an iPad, activate the Japanese keyboard as above without downloading any Emoji apps from iTunes (they don't seem to work on the iPad). Once you have activated the Japanese keyboard for use, select it in any text box by tapping on the Globe icon; you'll see a line of empty boxes above the keyboard. On the keyboard, type the word "emoji", without the quotes; this will bring up a line of emoji icons in the empty boxes for your selection.

Note that there are less Emoji icons in the iPad when you get them through this method then in the iPhone/iPod Touch using the Emoji Free app.

Hope this wasn't too complicated.

Kittycity
09-04-10, 08:13 AM
Thank u so much, now my text is cool. ◉

ting11
09-16-10, 01:14 AM
thank you so much. this really helpful ^_^

Unregistered
10-14-10, 11:38 AM
Thank you too, very helpful!

Unregistered
10-15-10, 11:47 AM
Once you hae the keyboard set up, you can delete the Emoji app.