PDA

View Full Version : Where did my water go?

connormc
05-10-11, 10:57 PM
I logged into FS a few hours ago to harvest my crops & trees, which were fully watered only to discover that very few of the crops and none of the trees now had water. What happened? Can Team Lava restore my water?

mizXx
05-11-11, 06:00 AM
I have the same problem.. found out this morning most of my water had gone! it was there last night.....please advise! thx

cakeandpie
05-12-11, 08:13 PM
Happened to me too. All water gone. Also all tips gone from Bakery Story and Restaurant Story.

SusanVette
05-15-11, 04:08 PM
My entire farm of FOUR DAY OLD FULLY WATERED Red Quinoa was lost as well. Support said they did maintenance and it was all lost. Nothing they could do. ;-(

GroupMagma
05-15-11, 04:27 PM
Sorry, but all Gifts and watering was lost when we performed maintenance a few days ago.

rockpile
05-16-11, 09:58 AM
I know it happened a few days ago. I had almost recovered from that... But, it has happened AGAIN. Lost all my water in FS, gifts are still there. However in BS and RS, all on android, I lost my gifts, for the second time in a week.

With the large amt of space these games take up on my phone I will quit playing if this continues to be a problem.

rockpile
05-16-11, 09:59 AM
I know it happened a few days ago. I had almost recovered from that... But, it has happened AGAIN. Lost all my water in FS, gifts are still there. However in BS and RS, all on android, I lost my gifts, for the second time in a week.

With the large amt of space these games take up on my phone I will quit playing if this continues to be a problem.

SugarSnow
05-16-11, 02:11 PM
Me too. Second time in two days. Some maintenance!!

GroupMagma
05-16-11, 02:22 PM
Sorry, this last maintenance was not planned. We try to announce any maintenance here and on Facebook/Twitter ahead of time as soon as we can with as much notice as possible.

sissy8
05-16-11, 03:02 PM
to the sea:(

sissy8
05-16-11, 03:09 PM
200 XP gone :(

sissy8
05-16-11, 03:09 PM
or more i don t know

sparkyduke
05-16-11, 03:46 PM
Just got home from work, turned on FS and everything is watered & ready to be harvested. I start to harvest my first 5 chili peppers & blink ALL WATER IS GONE! This is getting ridiculous twice in the span of 3 days is not acceptable! It is becoming a very UNFUN game. Never been on forum and don't know how to get this to a moderator or someone @ Team Lava. Please help

FarmerPKB
05-16-11, 03:57 PM
Every day we lose our water and/or crops due to "maintenance"!! This is getting very aggravating!! It takes hours to water our neighbors and then we have to go back and re-water!!! I have started planting flowers only because I keep losing my crops!!
This issue needs fixed!!!

Might I suggest you at Team Lava fix the problem and compensate us for the last week or so of losing our water, crops, and having to water over and over!!

Another suggestion is to let us sell our coins for gems as almost everything new costs gems!!!

I have enjoyed farming and have made it to level 71 and spent alot of money buying gems and would hate to leave due to these issues!

Please fix the problems!!

Thanks,
A Loyal Farmer

Mogwai4111
05-16-11, 04:25 PM
Come on guys, droughts happen all the time, especially as we get into the summer months. Do what good, hard working farmers do and deal with it. No use crying over spilt milk.

Mogwai4111
05-16-11, 04:44 PM
Speaking of summer droughts, I've come up with a list of preventative measures to help all us farmers deal with these frequent water shortages as they begin to become more and more frequent as the temperature rises.

1) Cut back on the purchase of luxury items until fall. We're going to need to save every coin we can in order to keep our farm producing when water is sparse. Instead of buying that BBQ grill or patio set for your front yard, save the coins (or gems) for something more necessary, like a wind turbine, which will help with energy costs and actually save you money in the long run.

2) Buy a silo. Unlike the luxury items, this is a MUST HAVE. A steady supply of stored up crops will help account for the decline in production we can expect from our farm in the coming months. Think of us as sitting on a lush island which is slowly sinking. Across the water is another lush island which is not only stable, but getting greener every day. A silo is our spaceship to get from the sinking island to the thriving one. Buy a silo, get on board your spaceship, and I will meet you at the thriving island in a couple months.

3) Buy a water pump. In times like these we must rely on ourselves to provide an adequate water supply. We can no longer count on the rain for water, but tapping in to an underground well will provide enough naturally cooled water to keep our crops happy. I'd suggest watering in the evening so as to not have the water heat up and burn the crops before immedietly evaporating.

4) Don't panic. Remember, life goes on, and stressing or complaining about the droughts helps nobody. They're a necessary evil in this cycle of life, but through the support of eachother, we can all pull through in these trying times. If you have a suggestion or two on how to compensate for the impending water shortages, please feel free to share. And remember to always ask not what your farm can do for you, but what you can do for your farm.

Happy farming! :)

Phthon
05-16-11, 04:59 PM
Three cheers for Mogwai4111! Please, also remember that this is a game! Relax, enjoy and just let it go. Enjoy the fact that you can go and say "hi!" to your neighbors for a second time, gift them all over again! Think of it as an opportunity rather than a disappointment.

Garfieldville
05-16-11, 09:30 PM
Yes, true, it is a game, but stil... when you spend HOURS watering in your free time (not much of it) and then you see all water gone, it's really frustrating!!! It'like the hours you spent watering were completely useless... I could have done something else instead! Much more fristrating if you are since ages trying to get to the next possibility to expand, i.e. in my case 60... and from 50 to 60 it really takes AGES. I cherish every drop my dearest neighbours and friends pour on my crops, and I keep since the beginning a bright 4 star rating.... Of course I am very disappointed!

Mogwai4111
05-16-11, 09:48 PM
So stop watering? I don't, and I'm happy with how I'm progressing. I visit and water the neighbors that I connect with socially, but don't feel the need to as you say spend hours of my free time watering other people.

Phthon
05-16-11, 10:14 PM
So stop watering? I don't, and I'm happy with how I'm progressing. I visit and water the neighbors that I connect with socially, but don't feel the need to as you say spend hours of my free time watering other people.

I play the same way. I'm really glad I'm not the only one who plays this way!

...I cherish every drop my dearest neighbours and friends pour on my crops, and I keep since the beginning a bright 4 star rating.... Of course I am very disappointed!

I also keep a bright shiny 4 star rating in the 8 games that I play.

Garfieldville
05-17-11, 12:06 AM
It's not a "need" to water, but it's like doing something putting time in it and somebody is undoing it... I don't know how many people would be happy about that....
If it happens once in a while, who cares, but two days in a raw? I have the feeling that the new update resets water over night... Hopefully not!
The 4 stars you get if you water every day.... so it's not a "way" of playing or a "need" to spend hours... it simply happens that when you look up at the watch and time flew!

Mogwai4111
05-17-11, 12:38 AM
Sure, but in the end your ultimate goal was to leisurely pass free time, escape the hassles of the real world. And I think you accomplished that, whether your water reached your neighbors or not.

I'm not trying to criticize you, or defend TL here, just trying to find a bright side in an all around unfortunate situation. I mean it's not as if TL *wanted* to have these recurring maintenance issues which set us farmers back, right? We're humans, it happens, but the Story games are still a free escape from reality, and that's nice.

Garfieldville
05-18-11, 10:38 PM
OK, it happened AGAIN! If you check the forum, I am not the only one complaining about it....

Mogwai4111
05-18-11, 11:11 PM
OK, it happened AGAIN! If you check the forum, I am not the only one complaining about it....

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to avoid. A little positivity is apparently too much to ask.

Garfieldville
05-18-11, 11:25 PM
Oh you just don't know me.... I am a very positive person, but right now I am annoyed, not negative...

Garfieldville
05-18-11, 11:32 PM
p.s. I forgot.. I have TWO farms, so the disappointment is double! ;-)

Mogwai4111
05-19-11, 01:07 AM
Just try to put things into perspective is all I'm asking. The guys at TL are working to give you the best product they can, for free if you so choose. They certainly don't intend for these maintenance issues to keep occuring, in fact I'm sure they are more annoyed by them than any of us are. And if they get to be too much, it's your right as a consumer to just stop using their product, thats the beauty of a free market.

I apoligize if I'm being harsh, it just bugs me that these guys in California are working their butts off to give us a free game and all we do is complain about it. Not you, but others within this forum. Constructive criticism is one thing, but to complain about human error when you are owed nothing in the first place makes me sad.

Garfieldville
05-19-11, 01:27 AM
On this I totally agree with you! But... Just one example... Why issuing so many new games instead of fixing and improving the old ones?? I fell in love with the farm, then got the city, then came restaurant and bakery, then I added the Empire etc... last the zoo! but some of them I already deleted, too many and no time to spend on them all... I would be VERY happy also only with the farm, if it would work (I get a lot of OH DARN!, out of sync etc) and if updates were effective and nice.
I am playing also Smurf's village.. try it! Absolutely FANTASTIC. I love it! Every update comes with lots of surprises, it's cute, funny, NEVER had a bug or problem.... In winter they sent an update covering the village with snow and adding Christmas trees and snowmen, at Easter we had bunnies scurring around.. simply delicious! It does not have the wall though... But that's an example that it could work! I prefer less but better...

Mogwai4111
05-19-11, 01:35 AM
In the end, TL needs to earn money, otherwise there will be no TL, agreed? Still, they're doing what's best for their fans while doing what they can to stay afloat.

Garfieldville
05-19-11, 01:39 AM
Again, 5 games absolutely fantastic and bug free would earn them a lot of more money than 10 games making users unhappy... especially in the city a lot of 4 stars neighbors just left after the update...

Mogwai4111
05-19-11, 01:49 AM
Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. I do know that they are actively seeking new members for their team, so they are striving for 10 good, bug free games. Let's hope they get there ;)

Garfieldville
05-19-11, 09:41 PM
uhm... so far they did not! Lost all water etc again this morning.... Now I am planting something that I can collect this evening!!!! Before the reset.... There's no other way around it apparently...
Please fix this BUG!

Mogwai4111
05-19-11, 10:22 PM
uhm... so far they did not! Lost all water etc again this morning.... Now I am planting something that I can collect this evening!!!! Before the reset.... There's no other way around it apparently...
Please fix this BUG!

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Donnahh
05-20-11, 03:12 AM
I was falling asleep last night after a long day at work, watering every one on my list so that my newly renovated farm could get water ... you guys reset my hopes and dreams AND my water!!!