PDA

View Full Version : FS on iPad

Telynau
08-27-10, 02:34 PM
Is anyone playing FS on an iPad? I'm currently playing on a 2G Touch/4.x.x and wonder how FS is on the iPad. If anyone has positive or negative experience, I'd like to know. Just ordered the iPad, and am considering transferring FS. Thanks for any responses 

Unregistered
08-27-10, 02:37 PM
Is anyone playing FS on an iPad? I'm currently playing on a 2G Touch/4.x.x and wonder how FS is on the iPad. If anyone has positive or negative experience, I'd like to know. Just ordered the iPad, and am considering transferring FS. Thanks for any responses 

I have had Farm Story on the Ipad since the beggining and never had any any trouble as those reported with the Iphone for instance, Besides farm story graphics look fabulous on that huge screen! I love it and would recommend it.

Telynau
08-27-10, 04:50 PM
I have had Farm Story on the Ipad since the beggining and never had any any trouble as those reported with the Iphone for instance, Besides farm story graphics look fabulous on that huge screen! I love it and would recommend it.

I've only recently "discovered" FS  and find it quite entertaining. Good info on FS working well on the iPad screen. Seems as if FS was designed with the iPad in mind, in a way. The iPod Touch screen just doesn't do it justice.

Unregistered
08-27-10, 07:11 PM
Another iPad user here. No issues on either FS or city. I know iPod and phone users have experienced issues and I've only heard of one iPad user with a minor occasional issue, but I've had none. The graphics are excellent on the big screen :)

Lesley

Unregistered
08-27-10, 08:32 PM
I prefer to play on the iPad, but work from home, so I always have it around. If you're on the go a lot, you might be better sticking with iPhone, or iPod.

Telynau
08-28-10, 06:19 AM
Another iPad user here. No issues on either FS or city. I know iPod and phone users have experienced issues and I've only heard of one iPad user with a minor occasional issue, but I've had none. The graphics are excellent on the big screen :)

Lesley

Hearing the graphics are excellent makes me . That's one of the main reasons I'm going to the iPad! 

Unregistered
08-28-10, 01:11 PM
The resolution on the iPhone 4 is better. The iPad is much easier to use.

- I would like to be able to run from my iPad and iPhone concurrently (you can do this with We Farm for instance), not choose one device

- A high resolution version for the iPad

Unregistered
08-29-10, 12:19 AM

Yes i'm playing On ipad, I only canto use icons, can you?

Geneva
08-29-10, 03:58 PM
I play both on my ipad. The only thing I don't like is I can't use icons.

Telynau
08-29-10, 05:39 PM
I play both on my ipad. The only thing I don't like is I can't use icons.

Emoji don't work on iPad? Oh horrors . Joking, honest & for true. We can put our heads together  and come up with something, perhaps?

I'm looking forward to the iPad, especially for playing FS. Pages, GigBaby, Karajan, and work apps aside 

Unregistered
08-29-10, 08:43 PM
Emoji don't work on iPad? Oh horrors . Joking, honest & for true. We can put our heads together  and come up with something, perhaps?

I'm looking forward to the iPad, especially for playing FS. Pages, GigBaby, Karajan, and work apps aside 

Emoji does work on the iPad in a slightly limited sense, you get about 100 icons instead of 400+, sufficient for most day to day stuff.

You don't need to download any emoji packs, just activate the Japanese keyboard and any time you want to bring up the icons, just type "emoji", without the quotes, on the Japanese keyboard and the iPad will bring up a list of emoji icons for you to chose from.

Unregistered
08-29-10, 08:50 PM
Emoji does work on the iPad in a slightly limited sense, you get about 100 icons instead of 400+, sufficient for most day to day stuff.

You don't need to download any emoji packs, just activate the Japanese keyboard and any time you want to bring up the icons, just type "emoji", without the quotes, on the Japanese keyboard and the iPad will bring up a list of emoji icons for you to chose from.

Ok u just became my favorite forum answer person, cause I downloaded the packs then deleted because I couldn't get it to work, then along comes you. I did what you said on my iPad and 

I  you!

deadpix
08-30-10, 01:07 AM
Ok u just became my favorite forum answer person, cause I downloaded the packs then deleted because I couldn't get it to work, then along comes you. I did what you said on my iPad and 

I  you!

You're welcome, glad you found the information useful, actually I gave a similar reply to another player in the CS board yesterday. :-)

Telynau
08-30-10, 05:29 AM
Thank You, DeadPix! Very helpful info on Emoji enable for iPad. I hadn't even thought about it until Geneva(?) mentioned not having them.

Thank You, everyone for comments re FS on iPad. Sounds great!

Unregistered
08-31-10, 06:33 AM
There is an emoji app that works in the iPad, only it isn't as easy to use. It's called either emoji free or free emoji & has a short tutorial

deadpix
08-31-10, 09:57 AM
There is an emoji app that works in the iPad, only it isn't as easy to use. It's called either emoji free or free emoji & has a short tutorial

One version is called "Emoji for iPad" another is "Emoji Board" and they are both so lame that it isn't even funny. They are not embedded in the applications so you'd have to compose your string of Emoji characters in these apps, copy them to the iPad's memory, quit the app, start the app you want, in this case Farm Story, open the Wall and then paste the Emoji string.

And to top it off, they aren't even free, you'd have to fork out $0.99 for each.

Unregistered
08-31-10, 11:31 AM

 Here is the proof, this mail was written on my iPad 
Download the free Emoji app and use the Japanese keyboard.

Unregistered
08-31-10, 03:00 PM
FS on the iPad is awesome. Nice big screen. Luxury of zooming in to see small details. Can't imagine playing this game on a smaller device.

Telynau
08-31-10, 04:30 PM
Just transferred over from the iPod Touch. WOW, what a difference. Being able to see the farm layout is incredible. OK, OK, I can't see well? cataracts, old age, decrepitude, etc? and that's beside the point. :p~

Thank You, TeamLava for making FS a universal game. The iPad version is stunning. Happy Gnomes. Happy Telynau. Happy Farming!

p.s. The transfer was seamless and painless. I used Storm8's "Racing Live" game to initiate the transfer and followed the on-screen prompts. FS came over to the iPad perfectly and reset to a new farm on the Touch. Nice "touch" TeamLava. Especially since my Touch will now be sent along to a family member who will enjoy starting her own farm ;-)

p.p.s Now I need to set up the Japanese kb to access Emoji and Pi/ASCII characters. :}.

Unregistered
08-31-10, 04:39 PM
 Here is the proof, this mail was written on my iPad 
Download the free Emoji app and use the Japanese keyboard.

I can do that WITHOUT that silly app. I downloaded the deleted because it didn't work on my iPad, ie the emoji for iPad supposedly free. What u can do without that app, without any app, just by using the Japanese key board is this


plus about fifty others. Don't waste ur time with the app when the iPad has all u already need built into the japnese keyboard. 

JaxsLady
09-05-10, 04:24 PM
I had to buy the App but it works relatively well! You use the Japanese keyboard and the app activates The emoji. I tried a free app but it did not work

deadpix
09-07-10, 03:42 AM
I had to buy the App but it works relatively well! You use the Japanese keyboard and the app activates The emoji. I tried a free app but it did not work

Are you talking about the iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone? Apps are only required on the latter two; on the iPad, all that is required is for one to activate the Japanese keyboard and type the word EMOJI to bring up the Emoji icons for use for free.

Unregistered
09-07-10, 09:35 AM
I have FS on both the iPad and iPod. The iPad is sooooo much better. Because of the bigger screen it is easier to navigate, plant, harvest etc, on the iPod I'm always having to move the screen around.

Jaxslady
09-09-10, 03:36 PM
Are you talking about the iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone? Apps are only required on the latter two; on the iPad, all that is required is for one to activate the Japanese keyboard and type the word EMOJI to bring up the Emoji icons for use for free.

Thanks I am using iPad & I was aware that if you just typed emoji on the Japanese keyboard a good selection come up but I found that you have to type emoji for "every" icon you want. So in a sentence where you use 10 icons, it made a lot of extra typing. For .99 I prefer to select the emoji I want as I type w/out having to type extra. It would take forever otherwise. I don't mind supporting 1 developer who made my life easier! You seem to know many iPad tricks, how to I get the caps key to stay on when I want to type an all caps word! Keep helping out, that's great info you provided! I should have been clearer with my reasoning in the first place. Now if someone could come up with an English keyboard that had Emoji, I'd be in heaven

JaxsLady
09-09-10, 03:47 PM
I have FS on both the iPad and iPod. The iPad is sooooo much better. Because of the bigger screen it is easier to navigate, plant, harvest etc, on the iPod I'm always having to move the screen around.

The writer above is bang on! Not only is it easier to play FS(you can magnify & find missed ) it is also much easier to play City Story as well where the houses can be so minuscule on the iPhone they are humungous in comparison on the iPad. No trouble finding hidden houses that need cleaning!
If you have any difficulty with fine finger mvts. then the iPad makes life much more fun.

Telynau
09-09-10, 06:10 PM
The writer above is bang on! Not only is it easier to play FS(you can magnify & find missed ) it is also much easier to play City Story as well where the houses can be so minuscule on the iPhone they are humungous in comparison on the iPad. No trouble finding hidden houses that need cleaning!
If you have any difficulty with fine finger mvts. then the iPad makes life much more fun.

FS & CS are much more enjoyable on the iPad.  Very glad TL made them a universal code. Some of the games look pitiful on 2x-mag. Quite unplayable from the "fuzzies".

Yes, using Emoji is a bit of a trick. Perhaps with iOS 4.x it will improve. Oh, CapsLock is in Settings. Forgetting exactly where ATM. It turns ON same way as on the phone & touch: double tap the "shift arrow".

Telynau
09-09-10, 06:18 PM
Settings. Keyboard. Enable CapsLock. ON. Double tap "shift arrow" to activate. HTH

deadpix
09-10-10, 09:33 AM
Thanks I am using iPad & I was aware that if you just typed emoji on the Japanese keyboard a good selection come up but I found that you have to type emoji for "every" icon you want. So in a sentence where you use 10 icons, it made a lot of extra typing. For .99 I prefer to select the emoji I want as I type w/out having to type extra. It would take forever otherwise. I don't mind supporting 1 developer who made my life easier! You seem to know many iPad tricks, how to I get the caps key to stay on when I want to type an all caps word! Keep helping out, that's great info you provided! I should have been clearer with my reasoning in the first place. Now if someone could come up with an English keyboard that had Emoji, I'd be in heaven

O I C

Question - did you have to compose the message outside of FS, copy it, start FS then paste it on a wall you wanted to write on or is it fully integrated into the keyboard as in the iPhone and iPod Touch?

When watering, I usually create a generic message, copy it and then paste it on walls; or if I'm feeling up to it, I'd copy a long generic string of emojis, paste it and delete the ones I don't want ... hard work I know.

Unregistered
10-28-10, 03:25 PM
I've read the posts here about turning on your Japanese keyboard in order to enable about 100 emoji's. I've followed it to the tee...turned it on, rebooted my iPad, but when I type in emoji on the Japanese keypad, not a single one comes up. What am I doing wrong??? PLEASE help.

Unregistered
10-30-10, 11:51 AM
I would like to play also on my iPad when I'm at home and on my iPhone when I'm out. Please make it happen!