PDA

View Full Version : The world cake

LT3J2VR9
08-29-23, 02:28 AM
Does anyone knows when bakery story's new cake will be released?

AnnirasSweets
08-29-23, 04:31 AM

I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to, could you provide more details such as where you saw/heard about the cake, what it looks like, etc.?

LT3J2VR9
08-29-23, 04:51 AM
they did a contest in their official instagram, and the winner was this "world cake", but i haven't seen it available anywhere

AnnirasSweets
08-29-23, 05:15 AM
Oh, that makes sense - I stay away from social media so I was out of the loop on that one, lol.

The last post from the team on the Cake Contest that I could find was from Jun. 07 and said "This cake design will be available in Bakery Story soon - the details are still being determined."

So, it looks like it's a wait and see situation for now.

SyddieSweetShop
08-29-23, 05:40 AM
they did a contest in their official instagram, and the winner was this "world cake", but i haven't seen it available anywhere

Ouuu I remember that contest! Hehe I was really rooting for the carousel cake, but the world cake is wonderful too! It's been quite some time tho. Hope we see it in game soon cause the design really was beautiful. But ig they'll need time to gather other stuff like tables, chairs, wallpaper, counters, and other goal things to make a world kinda theme. Now I'm wondering if they'll make a whole new prize or use a world prize we already own! Wish someone would keep note of the current world prizes and when the goal is out, tell us if they made a new prize for the winner, or used one they already had. This would be encouraging to other players to participate in their contests more. Cause not only will they get their design in game, but also a prize created to suit their design!! Ofc, that is if the developers do it like that.

AnnirasSweets
08-29-23, 05:47 AM
Ouuu I remember that contest! Hehe I was really rooting for the carousel cake, but the world cake is wonderful too! It's been quite some time tho. Hope we see it in game soon cause the design really was beautiful. But ig they'll need time to gather other stuff like tables, chairs, wallpaper, counters, and other goal things to make a world kinda theme. Now I'm wondering if they'll make a whole new prize or use a world prize we already own! Wish someone would keep note of the current world prizes and when the goal is out, tell us if they made a new prize for the winner, or used one they already had. This would be encouraging to other players to participate in their contests more. Cause not only will they get their design in game, but also a prize created to suit their design!! Ofc, that is if the developers do it like that.

I got you! I've got a detailed inventory of every item ever released in the game so I'll know right off if any prizes are repeats, lol.

[S8] HungryGoblin
08-29-23, 09:27 AM

It will be released sometime in the coming months. :)

SyddieSweetShop
08-30-23, 04:48 PM
I got you! I've got a detailed inventory of every item ever released in the game so I'll know right off if any prizes are repeats, lol.

Haha can always count on you Annira!💖

LT3J2VR9
08-31-23, 04:26 PM
thanks for the replies! i did the world cake so i'm really anxious to see it on the game haha

sehana
09-02-23, 11:13 PM
thanks for the replies! i did the world cake so i'm really anxious to see it on the game haha

Congratulations! Would love to see it! I didn't get to see the contest

AnnirasSweets
09-03-23, 06:12 AM

I went to their facebook and saw your cake - excellent job! :) I'm excited to see it in the game and am looking forward to the theme it will inspire.

---
@ Team s8

The next time there is a contest, would it be possible to share it on the forum as well? It sounds like it was a cool contest and I would've loved to see the various entries/participants but as I don't use social media I had no idea it was even happening.

I understand wanting to expand the user base and using social media to do so is a pretty standard business practice these days but I don't understand excluding this forum, aka the original social hub of s8 games. I mean, there's even an entire forum dedicated to events & contests so not posting any info about here is odd to me... :confused:

SyddieSweetShop
09-03-23, 08:04 AM
I went to their facebook and saw your cake - excellent job! :) I'm excited to see it in the game and am looking forward to the theme it will inspire.

---
@ Team s8

The next time there is a contest, would it be possible to share it on the forum as well? It sounds like it was a cool contest and I would've loved to see the various entries/participants but as I don't use social media I had no idea it was even happening.

I understand wanting to expand the user base and using social media to do so is a pretty standard business practice these days but I don't understand excluding this forum, aka the original social hub of s8 games. I mean, there's even an entire forum dedicated to events & contests so not posting any info about here is odd to me... :confused:

Yuh, I agree! It would be nice to see them share their social media contests wins on the forum AND also in game. Like how they do pop ups promoting their Instagram, they can do a "TAKE A LOOK AT OUR LATEST INSTAGRAM CAKE DESIGN WIN" and show us how the cake looks in game. They can either do this as soon as the design is digitally make for BS, or when they release the goal associated with the design. This will not only encourage ppl to be interested in a chance to get their design in game, but also promote the recipe, and if ppl like it, they'll make it!

[S8] HungryGoblin
09-27-23, 12:37 PM
The cake is going to be released on October 4th!

anemos
09-27-23, 03:12 PM

What is the World prize we Already own? Annira will you be able to show us what is the current world prizes if it's possible, thanks buddy.

AnnirasSweets
09-27-23, 05:17 PM
What is the World prize we Already own? Annira will you be able to show us what is the current world prizes if it's possible, thanks buddy.

When I saw the World Cake and thought about what prize it could match up with, my mind immediately went to two different fountains we've had over the years.

The Earth Fountain that was released 2014 Oct. 15 (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74069) as a regular market purchase:

And the Global Fountain was released 2021 Jul. 15 (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?112485) as the final prize for the Rising Sky 15 day goal:

I'll also include the image the team released as a reference:

---

HungryGoblin;1702114']The cake is going to be released on October 10th!
@ HungryGoblin: in this thread you say the cake is releasing 2023 Oct. 10 but in this thread (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?115834) you say 2023 Oct. 04?

SyddieSweetShop
09-27-23, 06:15 PM
Bakery Story just posted on their official Instagram that it'll be released on October 4th ♡

So excited

[S8] HungryGoblin
09-27-23, 07:24 PM
So sorry, it's the 4th. It will be available in the 5-day event.