PDA

View Full Version : Star ratings & deleting neighbors. When do you?

Unregistered
08-26-10, 07:18 PM
We asked for a way to remove our non-participating neighbors & now we have it. So... When do you delete your neighbors? I go by their star rating. If they are at 0 stars, it tells me that even if the person is still planting their farm they aren't watering anyone. Is this a fair assumption or am I wrong?

Unregistered
08-27-10, 07:26 PM
Anyone have an opinion?

Unregistered
08-27-10, 09:57 PM
We asked for a way to remove our non-participating neighbors & now we have it. So... When do you delete your neighbors? I go by their star rating. If they are at 0 stars, it tells me that even if the person is still planting their farm they aren't watering anyone. Is this a fair assumption or am I wrong?
It depends on the neighbor. If they've been a good neighbor in the past I give them a couple weeks. If they've always been just a leech as far as I know, they get kicked after a week tops. I don't expect them all to be four stars, as long as they're over zero. But like I said, it depends on the neighbor.
It deep

Unregistered
08-28-10, 03:21 PM
How long does a player have before the drop fron 1 to 0 stars? And can a person actually water people & still be @ 0 stars?

Unregistered
08-28-10, 04:59 PM
I have two neighbours that are zero but who I know have watered me after i have watered them. Just because I've happened to catch their name on my feed...they don't leave wall messages. So I continue to water and gift as not everybody is a social butterfly, and who knows, they could just be kids.

The only neighbours I've deleted is when they're a zero or a one and the farm has been dead cropped or unplanted for over a week.

I have one neighbour who said he's taking a break on his wall a while back. His farm is vacant and he's a zero rating, but I think he had a sort of breakdown. So wont delete him in case heplays again. I suppose it depends on your own goals and objectives. I'm just more relaxed in my expectations. To each his own, just suggesting don't assume based on rating alone.

Unregistered
08-28-10, 06:18 PM
I understand ur thought process & that's why I'm asking how long it takes to fall from the upper star #s to a 0 & then from a 0 back to 1 & higher stars. Your comment on a neighbor watering u but not posting & still showing as a 0 concers me. Are there some guidelines posted anywhere on stars & what affects your star rating?

Unregistered
08-28-10, 06:25 PM
I'm not a 100 percent sure, but I went away for three days and I dropped to a three. To get back to a four I had to water my entire 92 neighbour list, plus some of community. So if someone has only twenty neighbours and sticking to only them, and some are ntw, then they'll stay at zero if the ratio from three to four stars is the same :)

Unregistered
08-29-10, 03:39 PM
I think I remember moving up from 0 to 1 stars pretty quickly but it seems it took forever to get from 3 to 4 stars so I don't think the ratio is the same for each star level. Wish Team Lava would speak up here.

deadpix
08-30-10, 07:30 AM
I've found that some of my zero rated neighbors are still watering my farm so I don't remove them. For those whose farms are empty, dried and dead, I tend to just keep them on as they help to fill up the numbers for the property expansions.

Unregistered
08-30-10, 10:48 AM
At this point I leave pretty much all the neighbors I have in my list and actually rarely use it. I figure they don't hurt being in the list and my regular "waters" I either catch in the News Feed or they post on the wall and I link back that way.

Occasionally there's a neighbor or two I do keep in touch with rather they water or not so I use the neighbor list to look them up. I do like the one comment that he keeps neighbors on just to fill the quota for expansions.

One thing I wish they had was a favorites like a list of 10 or so to work with. Possibly the neighbors that water the most or last are moved to the top of the neighbor list. So many more ways to manage the list rather than removing them if Team Lava would put the time into making changes.

I am also pretty patient because real life takes priority and maybe someone just doesn't have time with work, traveling, a sick or dying child, parent, sibling. So many reasons someone might be taking a "sabbatical" so I feel unless it's been a LONG, LONG time I am in no hurry to get them out off my list. I go back and play games I haven't played in a year or two and you make that connection again with some people and it's pretty neat.

Anyway I would do what's comfortable for you...

Unregistered
08-30-10, 12:12 PM
It looks like I missed something. I don't find a deleting button for my neighbors. I checked my current version and looked for an update, but there is none. Can you please help me and let me know, where I can find it? I know how it works on City Story.

Unregistered
08-31-10, 05:48 PM
Don't know abt other versions but I'm using the original. In your neighbor list you choose edit at the top & that changes the "gift" & "visit" buttons to "remove".

Unregistered
09-01-10, 02:11 AM
Thanks for your info. I checked the help page from the forum and there was the link to a "new" Farm app. It said on my IPad, that it was not installed. So I installed it and I had all new functions. Wow, I really like it. It gives me now all the great functions as in City Story.