PDA

View Full Version : Chest purchases.

greenbee1430
05-05-11, 04:41 AM
Can you please prevent duplicate buying. Perhaps allow us to choose from different level purchasing?

Rachael98
05-05-11, 07:32 AM
I doubt it. It would be great, but that's a gem trap.

greenbee1430
05-05-11, 03:04 PM
Even though we are still buying gems to purchase? All I'm saying is give us options not to buy duplicate!

chumkia
05-08-11, 05:07 AM
A request..... Many of my neighbors have beautifarm farm and have items bought for gems from chests. Well, I am sure there are many people who get gems the hard way, not by buying them. Whether you start giving discounts, it still does nt matter coz some of us can't just blow up real money.
Hence for people like us can you come up with some brilliant ideas of earning gems??? Honestly, I love this game n play bakery and restaurant too. But hVe be*** to loose interest recently coz I know most of the thongs that I wAnt are for gems, and that's where it gets restricted.
Can't you come up with this idea of being able to buy w/o gems as you go up the level!!!!
I am on level 47, 50 in two games and I hardly have anything!
Can you look into this matter

FarmerPKB
05-16-11, 06:30 PM
Yes it would be great not to receive duplicates when purchasing from the chests! We should be able to chose what we want as we pay dearly for those gems!! The gems cost way way too much too!!

Mogwai4111
05-16-11, 07:23 PM
An option to block duplicate purchases would be nice, but then the rarer items wouldn't be so rare, you know? Eventually you'd have a 100% chance to get a rare item. Thats no fun.

I went to school for design, so maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I think constraints are good, or as it pertains to the city games, unwanted/duplicate items are good. For me it makes it tougher to incorporate these items to my layout in a way that makes me happy, but when I do so its that much more rewarding.

For example, I bought quite a few chests in RS when I started out because I like the game, spend a lot of time on it, and wanted to support TL, my way of thanking them for the games. Half of my first 8 items were the common flower vases, items that people come on here complaining to have received. Instead of doing that, I figured out how to turn those vases into the focal point of my restaurant, and have gotten a few comments on my wall from strangers who liked the vase set up enough to make the effort to tell me so. To me that is much more rewarding than buying a chest, getting a rare item, uncreatively placing it in the center of my layout, and getting praise simply because I was lucky enough to get a rare item. I enjoy problem solving and the bigger the 'problem' the more rewarding it is when you find a solution.

I realize most don't think the same way I do, but give an effort to see duplicate items as a good thing and you just might enjoy the game a bit more ;)

LadyD420
03-13-14, 05:42 AM
I bought the Lucky Chest in Restaurant Story and only recieved 1 item. I don't buy these at all, so I am a bit confused. I thought I was going to recieve multiple items. :)

kooky panda
03-13-14, 10:11 AM
I bought the Lucky Chest in Restaurant Story and only recieved 1 item. I don't buy these at all, so I am a bit confused. I thought I was going to recieve multiple items. :)
I am sorry but when you purchase a box, you will only receive one random item for the 24 gems.
You also can get duplicate items.

You can read more on the Master box thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48635-Restaurant-Master-Box-List)

Closing this thread since it is a few years old.