PDA

View Full Version : Watering Bonus?

bobbie629
05-03-11, 04:38 PM
Do you get anything besides a star for watering neighbors?

Do WE get anything extra for watered crops (our crops that are watered by neighbors)?

slavila
06-02-11, 04:45 PM
I'm bumping this because I want to know too. I know you get star points for watering others, but does the person getting watered get anything out of it, like the cleaning in city story, the tips in bakery and restaurant and the thumbs up for fashion. What does the watered farmer get in farm story?

hectorloch
06-03-11, 09:23 AM
Your Star rating is a measure of your activity in the Community. It's measured by watering not just neighbours but non-neighbours too. So, technically it would be possible to have a 4 Star rating and no neighbours at all ! The only visible reward of visiting and watering is increasing or maintaining your Star rating. The 5 ranks range from 0 (inactive) to 4 (most active). There are however benefits that flow from a higher rating. For example, when you visit the Community listings you'll notice that the higher ranks get priority and appear first, raising the odds in your favour perhaps of additional visits from non neighbour players and players looking for potential new neighbours. Also, when seeking to attract new neighbours, the higher your Star ranking the more acceptable a prospect as a new neighbour you are likely perhaps to be. Other threads on this forum suggest that some players wouldn't even contemplate accepting anyone as a new neighbour with less than a 3 or 4 Star rating.

Now, at the receiving end of the water, your reward is quite different. It is a reward - the likely result of neighbours and others watering back in response to your visit to them. The water drops are a symbol only - they don't for example lengthen the life of the plant. However, when you crop a watered plant or tree, in addition to your coin reward and your leaf mastery points, you will earn one Experience Point (XP) for each watered plant and one additional XP for each tree. Trees are different because you don't require to replant them. So, if you did get water drops over all your crops in a reasonably sized farm. you stand to gain several hundred additional XP's that the unwatered farm will not. This is significant because it is XP's that are the true currency of the game; it's XP's - not coins or leaf mastery points - that take you to the higher levels, enable expansion and unlock plants and other items not available at lower levels.

talyon
06-03-11, 09:40 AM
You also receive a small coin value for watered, Cleaned, tipped etc spot.

bobbie629
06-03-11, 12:02 PM

The person collecting does, but not the person DOING it.

Alas, they did recently add giving you either XP or Coins for visiting your neighbor, so it is more encouraging, however, you you can visit, get the bonus & leave without watering. I guess I am just curious because I spend the time each day visiting EACH neighbor & watering. Sure I have a 4 star, but my neighbors are yielding more for their watered crops, and not watering mine :(

hectorloch
06-03-11, 12:05 PM

Yes, that's right and I'm sorry I forgot to mention the small coin boost. In FS it's 20 extra coins and that appears to be universal - i.e. whether it's a strawberry that's been in for a few minutes or one of the heavier grains which have been in for several days. So, there we are - watering and being watered is good; makes you attractive, pushes you up the levels and you get pocket money too ! So, that only leaves, say, getting a peacock or a goose on each 10,000th watering and the whole thing would be just perfect :)

hectorloch
06-04-11, 09:26 AM
I'm sorry, I made a most serious omission - the System Failure. No discussion on watering could be complete without including a section on Sytem Failures because these are now a built in factor of the game. No one can be certain when they'll strike, other than that it could be at any moment. Distressingly, they seem to be able to detect when your farm is fully watered and your artichokes are ready to be cropped, because this is just the moment they choose to hit. Nor will you know how long they will last because you will never be told. What happens is you lose all your water and in longer outages your artichokes wither. Often you will in fact get a message. It judges your mood with uncanny accuracy and begins with the word "Hooray".