PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions needed for a 'Cold Turkey Story'

StrawDogs
08-26-10, 08:06 AM
Hey, all.

I've been playing these and other Stories somewhat fanatically over the last three months on my iPod Touch but find myself forced to cut down* and in need of suggestions for offline management Apps to supplement my craving, roughly similar to the Story titles only without the social network elements please.

I've had great fun with these games and certainly won't have a bad word said about them in this thread. I just need help to scratch my itch within the limits of my means and would appreciate any comments offering reasonable alternatives.

*I work from home and have enjoyed checking in on my Pokeclone Pets, Farm, and now my City over our WiFi network whenever I got a spare moment.

The Story games are great to relax with but I have found that they are too packet-heavy for me to continue playing wirelessly as much as I have been with limited downloads as without otherwise changing my behaviour drastically I have gone well over my ISP download limit of 10GB a month. Doing the math suggests that I have used an extra 34GB over the three, individual monthly 10GB allowances for this quarter of my plan; which I had kept to successfully now for over a year previous to this bill.

Not all of this extra usage can be attributed to these games (I can account for 9.8GB in downloads over than I would usually make) and I accept that it is in no way TeamLava's Fault but now that I realise I cannot justify further excess fees or greater monthly rental charge to upgrade my download limit just to play online as my business must come first.

Unregistered
08-26-10, 01:55 PM
Hey, all.

I've been playing these and other Stories somewhat fanatically over the last three months on my iPod Touch but find myself forced to cut down* and in need of suggestions for offline management Apps to supplement my craving, roughly similar to the Story titles only without the social network elements please.

I've had great fun with these games and certainly won't have a bad word said about them in this thread. I just need help to scratch my itch within the limits of my means and would appreciate any comments offering reasonable alternatives.

*I work from home and have enjoyed checking in on my Pokeclone Pets, Farm, and now my City over our WiFi network whenever I got a spare moment.

The Story games are great to relax with but I have found that they are too packet-heavy for me to continue playing wirelessly as much as I have been with limited downloads as without otherwise changing my behaviour drastically I have gone well over my ISP download limit of 10GB a month. Doing the math suggests that I have used an extra 34GB over the three, individual monthly 10GB allowances for this quarter of my plan; which I had kept to successfully now for over a year previous to this bill.

Not all of this extra usage can be attributed to these games (I can account for 9.8GB in downloads over than I would usually make) and I accept that it is in no way TeamLava's Fault but now that I realise I cannot justify further excess fees or greater monthly rental charge to upgrade my download limit just to play online as my business must come first.

You might try Zombie Farm.

Unregistered
08-26-10, 11:49 PM
You might try Zombie Farm.

Wonderful, thank you, I will. I'll miss these games and the forums.

StrawDogs
08-27-10, 06:12 AM
Zombie Farm is great, thank you. No replacement for the TeamLava games of course but until I can sort out a contract with my ISP with unlimited downloads its offline mode is perfect for keeping me sane.

Who knows, when I return there might have been an update to allow zombies to run about our farms and cities as I have to say I'm loving that. :)

Anyway, as with the thread over on the Farm Story discussion forum, thank you to all my great neighbours and those who read/posted here. Feel free to delete this thread or let it die.

Peaceout.

Unregistered
09-09-10, 09:16 PM
Any other games like CS or FS that don't need an internet connection?