PDA

View Full Version : Spin to Win is back!

Athabasca55
09-29-22, 01:55 PM
Well, sorta. You spin to accumulate 100 tix for Airborne dragon. I used videos to spin and I have enough tix to craft, only my craft shop is busy right now.

Anyone know what Airborne dragon looks like?

Congrats, S8 for this new feature. Hope it comes back.

Athabasca55
09-30-22, 06:27 AM
It takes 99 HOURS to hatch??!? WTF

Yeah, I just found that out. And today is Leaderboard, no doubt.

Athabasca55
09-30-22, 06:58 AM
S8, can you either zero out the timer on the egg, or adjust to something a little more reasonable, like 15 hrs?

pod5124cra
09-30-22, 10:53 AM
S8, can you either zero out the timer on the egg, or adjust to something a little more reasonable, like 15 hrs?

Nothing should be more than 12 hours IMO.

Athabasca55
09-30-22, 11:00 AM
To make things worse, the cost for completing the egg hatch is 999 gold.

Not 99. It’s 999.

Unless this dragon excretes gold, it hardly seems worth the task.

Athabasca55
09-30-22, 12:29 PM
Thanks for fixing this! My timer is at 12 hrs now.

kirsty05050
09-30-22, 04:45 PM
I think I had 18 hours total on mine when I put it on the nest

Mikep101
09-30-22, 09:21 PM
This dragon I assume is not a GPD dragon (wrong type), for someone who has obtained it? never know with all the odd stuff these days.

elmarco11
10-01-22, 01:43 PM
@Athabasca55, you mention videos. Is that only available on iOS ?
I use an Android phone and haven"t seen any add videos in this game for ages.

Athabasca55
10-01-22, 04:33 PM

Yes, I’m on iOS so I get vids for arena cooldowns and spin to win. About 10 per day, give or take.

Athabasca55
10-01-22, 04:34 PM
This dragon I assume is not a GPD dragon (wrong type), for someone who has obtained it? never know with all the odd stuff these days.

It’s Fey/red/black

orson32
10-02-22, 07:06 AM
You don’t get the videos to do on Android, which I think is unfair. I have to play on my android phone because I have been locked out on my ios devices for months now.

elmarco11
10-05-22, 08:44 AM
Wow, lucky iOS players 🥲
I was, so naive to think nowadays only the the Arctic Isles was the difference...

That make a big difference.
Actually this way the chance to get a dragon from wheel spinning in Android is close to Zero.

Makes the effort to win the Arena tournaments also a vast difference, BTW.

Rfs0404
10-05-22, 09:40 AM
Wow, lucky iOS players 🥲
I was, so naive to think nowadays only the the Arctic Isles was the difference...

That make a big difference.
Actually this way the chance to get a dragon from wheel spinning in Android is close to Zero.

Makes the effort to win the Arena tournaments also a vast difference, BTW.

That is really true....and those bingo boxes to win 6,7 10 battles for big points i don't do on android.

I think for android players they could have required less than 100 tickets or made spins every 10 hrs to make up for no videos. I have 2 isles and with i think 1 spin left need 15 and 25 tix. Yet another prize i think i lose.

But look at the ticket distributions on the wheel. 1 30, 1 40 and too many 10s. With 7 spins, Odds in S8 favor you do not win or use gold for extra spins.

squigglish
10-05-22, 11:54 AM
That is really true....and those bingo boxes to win 6,7 10 battles for big poIints i don't do on android.

I think for android players they could have required less than 100 tickets or made spins every 10 hrs to make up for no videos. I have 2 isles and with i think 1 spin left need 15 and 25 tix. Yet another prize i think i lose.

But look at the ticket distributions on the wheel. 1 30, 1 40 and too many 10s. With 7 spins, Odds in S8 favor you do not win or use gold for extra spins.

I usually play on an Ios device and yes, I agree 100% with everything you have said. Fortunarely for me though I do have an android device that I can use. I have. O idea why, but when I battle higher level dragons in tournaments, I win much more often with my android. When I lose a battle I can take advantage if Ios and use a video . That all changed with the new spin to win game. I am one of many Ios players who has had difficulty accessing the game. I have sold many upper level habitats and dragons and have at least been able to play some on Ios. That has changed since the new Spin to Win. I have nit been able to play at all on Ios since then. I have used android exclusively since then and won the Airborne dragon and have it in the nest for 18 hours. I will then ra8se it to level 4 and disenchant it, and that bothers me. I would love to keep it but I do actually want to play with My Ios device some day

Rfs0404
10-06-22, 11:00 AM
Well, yet another S8 give players something new that really gives us nothing.
And i just checked the spell shop and the dragon is gone so if those lucky players that had enough tix had something crafting and couldn't craft airborne before the end....oh well for them. Why couldn't they leave it to craft a while like the monthly dragon or post an end time?
I don't know if S8 gave enough thought to the practicalities. i really wish the developers understood the frustrations we face. Maybe, just maybe they'd be a teeny tiny bit kinder with the obstacles. Like clean out the 10 and 15 common dragon results to breed through for the current 4hr we need each and every week.

There's a thread in bugs and issues where i asked about the limit on raw marbles. In that, Elsa asked for suggestions on how to perhaps use excess things we have in storage. While there, i replied since she was asking, here's a different idea..bring back spin wheel during tales and have that ultra rare common chapter 6 dragon on it...if you won't let us craft it. At least that would give a possibility of getting something. I wonder if the current wheel for airborne was their answer to my suggestion?

mymonta
10-06-22, 11:21 AM
I used the IOS videos and was able to get 2 Airborne dragons. I could have gotten more, but I decided to use my videos to get more battles so I could win an Apparition Dragon in the tournament.

tempestb
10-14-22, 08:33 AM

Typically, yes ... only iPhone (there was a point looooooooooooong in the past where us Android users had something like that, but long enough ago that I forget the details. lol

iPhone users are the only ones who get "Artic Isles" as well. :/

(Still not enough reason for me to "i-Anything! ROFL)

squigglish
10-16-22, 01:21 PM
I usually play on an Ios device and yes, I agree 100% with everything you have said. Fortunarely for me though I do have an android device that I can use. I have. O idea why, but when I battle higher level dragons in tournaments, I win much more often with my android. When I lose a battle I can take advantage if Ios and use a video . That all changed with the new spin to win game. I am one of many Ios players who has had difficulty accessing the game. I have sold many upper level habitats and dragons and have at least been able to play some on Ios. That has changed since the new Spin to Win. I have nit been able to play at all on Ios since then. I have used android exclusively since then and won the Airborne dragon and have it in the nest for 18 hours. I will then ra8se it to level 4 and disenchant it, and that bothers me. I would love to keep it but I do actually want to play with My Ios device some day

This is the second of the new Spin to Win events. After the last one ended, I was able to go back to playing on my IOS device until Thursday evening before the new Spin to Win event. Once again,I have zero access using my IOS device, but can play on my android. Am I the only IOS player that is having this problem or are there others, maybe many others? I understand that S8 is understaffed and it trying hard to fix their IOS problem. I alxo understand that many players have been calling for new events to make the game better. I also understand that the Spin to Win can be a fun way for players, espescially neeer players to win a njce dragon and I am in favor of thst. However, I do have to wonder if as good as the Spin to Win is, if it might have made the problem of IOS access worse for many patient and loyal players

mymonta
10-16-22, 05:36 PM
OMG! This reminds me! I'm about to get a very expensive new Android phone. Will I be able to download Dragon Story on it? I know that I can't get Fantasy Forest Story on it.

Yes, all of a sudden I'm having great difficulty accessing one of my DS accounts from iPhone, one of the reasons I was going to get the new Android.

Rfs0404
10-16-22, 11:17 PM
OMG! This reminds me! I'm about to get a very expensive new Android phone. Will I be able to download Dragon Story on it? I know that I can't get Fantasy Forest Story on it.

Yes, all of a sudden I'm having great difficulty accessing one of my DS accounts from iPhone, one of the reasons I was going to get the new Android.

If you have used an android device in the past and played DS on it and have a google account with a gmail address you would be able to load DS on to a new android phone if you use that old account info.

If you never used android i don't think there's a way to load the game on a new phone. Google keeps track of the games installed on an account and will let you reload previously loaded games even if not listed in play store anymore.

If you know someone who has DS on their android phone....you may be able to do a wi fi copy...but i am jot sure about that, i vaguely recall hubby doing that with yis tablet but how he did it is beyond me but someone else may be able to say yea or nay on this possibility.

I use android and have a pixel 6 android 13 with 8 gig ram and my big isle, level 200 with mostly 5 drgn habitats will not load on that. It takes only 30 secs or so for it to kick me out...seems it doesn't load much at all before it fails. Very discouraging.

Mikep101
10-17-22, 07:44 PM
My Pixel 7 won't allow the install. Says not compatible. Seems that the 7 only works with 64 bit apps. Even loading sideways DS won't run on it. I can play on my pad when at home in evenings mostly, but otherwise my playing time is ending. Spin to Win is nice, but have no desire to collect eggs to store. DS is costing more effort that it provides enjoyment.

Rfs0404
10-18-22, 10:29 AM
My Pixel 7 won't allow the install. Says not compatible. Seems that the 7 only works with 64 bit apps. Even loading sideways DS won't run on it. I can play on my pad when at home in evenings mostly, but otherwise my playing time is ending. Spin to Win is nice, but have no desire to collect eggs to store. DS is costing more effort that it provides enjoyment.

Very true about enjoyment but i hang in there for my good neighbors...the few that can still visit me.

I have to clarify my last note...on pixel 6 i can load the game and play on my smaller isles but the lvl 200 kicks out almost immediately even trying to just visit it.

I wonder if a dragon or habitat has some not so good code in it that is doung bad things with that island.. oh well. Maybe they will get time to fix it...someday....

LyannaTargaryn
11-06-22, 12:28 AM
Spin to win is just USELESS!! I can only spin once per day without buying spins with gold and amost EVERY TIME except for the first dragon, I have been unable to craft the spin to win dragons...and now you need 200 to craft?? UGH!! I never make it past 50-60 for each one! UGH!!

orson32
11-14-22, 02:50 PM
Spin to win is just USELESS!! I can only spin once per day without buying spins with gold and amost EVERY TIME except for the first dragon, I have been unable to craft the spin to win dragons...and now you need 200 to craft?? UGH!! I never make it past 50-60 for each one! UGH!!

I couldn't agree more with you.With 4 days left to spin and I have a meigre 25 points..I get awhoping 5 almost each time..I will never get 100 let alone 200..I will not be using gold to buy more spins..thats basically what S8 wants with raising the amount to 200 tickets.I can't get videos because I am playing on Android because I am locked out of my game on my ios ipad..we get something new but still unattainable almost like the common for events.

Toastycats
11-18-22, 08:26 AM
I have collected enough tickets to trade for the new dragon but I am in the middle of another trade that ends in four hours and the spin to win ends in three. Will I still be able to craft it for a short time after the spin has ended?

pod5124cra
11-27-22, 07:47 PM
How do we tell how many tickets we have.

kanajunroses
11-29-22, 08:53 AM
My spin was lost to a hiccup and it told me to come back later. Did and now have to wait for another day. Some videos do not go back to game and just freeze after 30 seconds and do not respond to X.

mymonta
11-29-22, 02:44 PM
How do we tell how many tickets we have.

On the right side of your screen, tap the picture of the ticket. It will tell you what percentage of tickets you have toward the prize.

Rfs0404
12-01-22, 09:16 PM
This new wheel is ridiculous. On Android there is probably a 99 percent chance of having no chance to accumulate 200 tix in 7 days (without spending gold). When it was 100 tix there was a chance to get those tix but 200....

Mikep101
12-02-22, 02:33 PM
When I play on android I get maybe 50 tickets. I am afraid to spend gold and get 30 spins of 5 each to win. Just not worth it imo. The old S2W had habitats, food, etc so made each spin a win. Got a lot of habitats that way.

Rfs0404
12-02-22, 04:47 PM
When I play on android I get maybe 50 tickets. I am afraid to spend gold and get 30 spins of 5 each to win. Just not worth it imo. The old S2W had habitats, food, etc so made each spin a win. Got a lot of habitats that way.

Completely agree, old wheel was much much better and often asked for to return.

So what do they do? Totally mangle it and offer worthless substitute.

squigglish
12-02-22, 05:31 PM
I deleted this post as I felt it did not add to the discussion

Rfs0404
12-13-22, 04:12 PM
5 tix, 10 tix, 5 tix, 10 tix. Would not be able to get dragon even if amount was back at 100. Maybe i would like it more if S8 gave Android players videos back.

northernlight412
12-14-22, 10:26 AM
5 tix, 10 tix, 5 tix, 10 tix. Would not be able to get dragon even if amount was back at 100. Maybe i would like it more if S8 gave Android players videos back.

Agreed 1000 percent. I wish some ideas in the forums would be implemented into the game like Spin To Win being fairer to Android players.

mymonta
12-14-22, 11:24 AM
Agreed 1000 percent. I wish some ideas in the forums would be implemented into the game like Spin To Win being fairer to Android players.

Agreed. Unfortunately, S8 staff don't seem to check the forum much anymore. Let me correct that: they don't seem to check the Dragon Story forum much, and the Fantasy Forest Story forum at all. The Castle Story staff are quite active on that forum.

My two oldest accounts can now only be accessed via Android, so I'm not bothering with the Spin to Win at all on those accounts as there is just no possible way to accumulate enough tickets. I'm also not battling there due to not being able to speed up via videos. I can still (for now) access my other two accounts via iPhone, but it is getting harder and harder. The problem there is deciding between using my videos for the Spin To Win or using them to speed up battles in the arena. It's pretty hard to do both. I finished my battles for this week, so now I'm using whatever spins I can get in the next 2 days to try to get enough for the Spin to Win dragon. I like this one. I didn't care for the Puppeteer dragon that was the last Spin to Win prize.

orson32
12-25-22, 09:27 AM
Well see S8 lowered ticket number to 150..that is still not going to help us Android players, so far all I have received on my spins is 5 tickets each spin..what a joke.
Why not remove the 5 tickets at least and put on more of the higher amounts..then we might stand a chance. Or better yet give us the videos to watch and get free spins like ios players..make it an equal playing experience.

boudinlink
01-07-23, 07:29 PM
Does anyone have an idea of what the Pompous dragon looks like? I had the tickets to craft it, crafted it, and nothing.

mymonta
01-08-23, 09:54 PM
Does anyone have an idea of what the Pompous dragon looks like? I had the tickets to craft it, crafted it, and nothing.

wow, I don't even have the option to craft it. It's nowhere to be seen in my shop. We each need to file support tickets.

Athabasca55
01-09-23, 08:36 AM
wow, I don't even have the option to craft it. It's nowhere to be seen in my shop. We each need to file support tickets.

I had to check under the All tab to find it but there are other glitches.

northernlight412
01-09-23, 09:08 AM
Spin For No Chance To Get The Dragon should be the title of this instead of Spin To Win. What a joke. Every spin is 5 or 10 tickets. The most tickets an Android player gets seems to be 35 -70 and the goal is 150 tickets - still too much. Just throw this way of spinning in the trash and bring back the old way with the prize dragon, 3 previously released dragons, food and coins.

silverpandabear
01-09-23, 08:54 PM
Even if you do manage enough tickets to craft, it will either disappear (not show up on nest), or it will show up on the nest with a zero counter and never hatch. Pompous is sitting on one of my nests and blocking it permanently I guess. Pompous indeed! Maybe this is by design:
pompous
adjective
affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important.

Paul__
01-09-23, 11:50 PM
Even if you do manage enough tickets to craft, it will either disappear (not show up on nest), or it will show up on the nest with a zero counter and never hatch. Pompous is sitting on one of my nests and blocking it permanently I guess. Pompous indeed! Maybe this is by design:
pompous
adjective
affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important.

Ive reported this over. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

orson32
01-10-23, 11:20 AM
Thank you Paul..the issue is now fixed

orson32
01-29-23, 11:06 AM
What I don’t think is fair is…I collected enough tickets to craft on the last day, but my Craft shop was busy and would not be available until after spin to win was over
When I went to craft shop to see if I could craft it, it was all gone,I don’t think they should remove the ability to craft it if you can until you actually do craft it..so unfair the whole event..was upset I went through the trouble to collect it all and then pouff..all gone.

northernlight412
02-10-23, 11:36 AM
While it was nice to drop the ticket requirement for this, 150 is still too many tickets for Android when there's no option to watch ads to get extra spins. The requirement should either drop to 100 or change the wheel to look like Fantasy Forest Story. This Spin To Not Get Enough Tickets is grossly unfair to Android players.

Rfs0404
03-03-23, 01:53 PM
While it was nice to drop the ticket requirement for this, 150 is still too many tickets for Android when there's no option to watch ads to get extra spins. The requirement should either drop to 100 or change the wheel to look like Fantasy Forest Story. This Spin To Not Get Enough Tickets is grossly unfair to Android players.

I agree it is not fair that Android players do not have videos to earn more tickets. I have posted that because of that difference, S8 could make Android version different by requiring less tickets, say 100...or shortening the spin wait time to say 10 hours. But they have not posted their thoughts on that.

Not having those videos for battle wait time reduction is a severe handicap for other things too, like bingo goals. But that does not seem important . Oh well, we play as best we can and at least can still play some on android.

squigglish
03-04-23, 07:20 AM
I agree it is not fair that Android players do not have videos to earn more tickets. I have posted that because of that difference, S8 could make Android version different by requiring less tickets, say 100...or shortening the spin wait time to say 10 hours. But they have not posted their thoughts on that.

Not having those videos for battle wait time reduction is a severe handicap for other things too, like bingo goals. But that does not seem important . Oh well, we play as best we can and at least can still play some on android.

I remember when they first did this Spin To Win. It did indeed require 100 tickets and yes, it was possible to win a dragon on android without videos. Then it was changed to 200 tickets and the only way for an android player to win was to use gold. Apple players could use videos...if they could actually get into the game at all that is, andthere was a cry from players to lower the number of tickets. That happened when they lowered it to 150. Still too high for android and they are still working to ome up with an update to fix the problems with Apple users. It seems to me that newer Apple users who have not gitten too big and can still play the game, are the ones who can actually play the event as intended. I do agree with rfs0404 about returning to 100 tickets and shortening the wait time. We'll see

Rfs0404
03-05-23, 09:28 AM
In another post in this thread a player suggested removing the 5 ticket slots and replacing with higher amounts. If that was done, i suspect S8 would use just 10 and that does nothing to help getting to 150 for videoless androids.

Even if 5 and 10 are replaced by 15s.... with 7, possibly 8 spins you would still need a few 20 or 30 to get 150. I don't know what S8 was thinking when they put this wheel together. It's like carrot on stick you never get.

The old spin to win was sooo much nicer and better. Why do our pleas for its return fall on deaf ears?