PDA

View Full Version : May 2011 Event Preview

GroupMagma
05-01-11, 11:43 AM
Here are the events in May for the TeamLava community!

Suggest Our Next Item
Date: All month long
Description: Help us select new content in four different TeamLava games!
Prize: 50 Gems each week

Follow Friday
Date: Every Friday this month
Description: This month, we kick off our weekly Twitter contest!
Prize: 10 Gems to five different users every week!

gears88
05-01-11, 02:16 PM
where do i leave messages for new ideas for content?

ahshan
05-01-11, 02:23 PM
Follow Friday better be for current and new followers! Or else i gotta unfollow....

GroupMagma
05-01-11, 02:29 PM
Follow Friday better be for current and new followers! Or else i gotta unfollow....

It's for both. :)

ahshan
05-01-11, 02:32 PM
It's for both. :)

Yaaayyy! :D

GroupMagma
05-02-11, 03:30 PM
The Farm Story Suggest and Item event is open! Make sure to participate by commenting on our Facebook thread! :)

lindsayy19
05-03-11, 10:42 PM
How do we participate in the Twitter Contest??

GroupMagma
05-04-11, 09:04 AM
How do we participate in the Twitter Contest??

Those will be run on Fridays. I'll post more about it then. :)

Rachael98
05-04-11, 03:17 PM
The Farm Story Suggest and Item event is open! Make sure to participate by commenting on our Facebook thread! :)

These games are 4+. With parental consent, an under (?) years old person can use these forums. However, you must be over 13, parental consent or not, to use Facebook. What do under 13s do? This is also a problem with the missions: an under 13 would have to spend a gem (that, as someone who doesn't earn anything, they might not have) or break the law. Not great.

Mogwai4111
05-04-11, 05:12 PM
Can't make everybody happy... this promotion is geared at getting TL's name spread across Facebook. Since under 13s don't spend money on gems anyway, it doesn't make sense to focus advertising on them when you can go after gem buyers. Am I wrong?

deonnae1
05-05-11, 04:27 PM
how do I join the thingg where I get 50 gems each week

deonnae1
05-05-11, 04:31 PM
I have a suggestion for bakery story i think bakery story need more items in the design section maybe some new tiles for the floor or some colorful lights that could go in the bakery maybe we should be able to design our avatar clothing like what should she wear what colr her out fit should b and different hair stlyes and facial expressions for the avatar

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:34 PM
Can't make everybody happy... this promotion is geared at getting TL's name spread across Facebook. Since under 13s don't spend money on gems anyway, it doesn't make sense to focus advertising on them when you can go after gem buyers. Am I wrong?

Under 13s can't buy gems? Whyever not?

NB: I know that you must be over 13 to have an account, but under 13s may do it through an account.

It's also probably a good idea to get the under 13s, the people who will buy gems for the longest from now on, interested in gems! Another point would be that, if they can't buy gems as you say, then this would be one of the only wats to get them!

deonnae1
05-05-11, 04:34 PM
For restaraunt story i think that it needs more items too for farm story we should b able to get horses and cows to mike the cows for for all the content it should b more items that we could buy and mayb some free items also

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:35 PM
I have a suggestion for bakery story i think bakery story need more items in the design section maybe some new tiles for the floor or some colorful lights that could go in the bakery maybe we should be able to design our avatar clothing like what should she wear what colr her out fit should b and different hair stlyes and facial expressions for the avatar

What has that got to do with an Event Preview. I understand that you want to get your point viewed, but if you start a thread it will be anyway. It also means that you don't get criticised for spamming/irrelevant posting.

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:36 PM
how do I join the thingg where I get 50 gems each week

Where you have the chance to win 50 gems a week. I think it should be in it's own relavent game contest section.

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:37 PM
Those will be run on Fridays. I'll post more about it then. :)

OK, technically, it's been Friday for hours.

GroupMagma
05-05-11, 04:38 PM
OK, technically, it's been Friday for hours.

TeamLava runs on Pacific Daylight Time. It's still very much Thursday here.

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:41 PM
TeamLava runs on Pacific Daylight Time. It's still very much Thursday here.

Oops...so what time is it there? GMT would be much easier for me, but I suppose not for you even though it's the internationally recognised time...

Mogwai4111
05-05-11, 04:42 PM
Under 13s can't buy gems? Whyever not?

NB: I know that you must be over 13 to have an account, but under 13s may do it through an account.

It's also probably a good idea to get the under 13s, the people who will buy gems for the longest from now on, interested in gems! Another point would be that, if they can't buy gems as you say, then this would be one of the only wats to get them!

I don't know? Maybe U13's can, I could be wrong, but I know when I was 13 spending my precious few dollars on gems on an app game would have been about the last thing on my mind. I think it's mostly adults with incomes and expendable cash are much more likely to buy them. A 16 year old with a part time job is different, but since U13's don't generally have much of an income...

You do make a good point about hooking the U13's early and having them when they do have the income to buy gems.

deonnae1
05-05-11, 04:43 PM
will i get my 50 gems tomorrow if so i would like it for bakery stroyry my stormid is deonnae1

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:47 PM
I don't know? Maybe U13's can, I could be wrong, but I know when I was 13 spending my precious few dollars on gems on an app game would have been about the last thing on my mind. I think it's mostly adults with incomes and expendable cash are much more likely to buy them. A 16 year old with a part time job is different, but since U13's don't generally have much of an income...

You do make a good point about hooking the U13's early and having them when they do have the income to buy gems.

When I've actually got a point, I'm hood at making it. Sadly, I font often have a point. Anyway, back on topic (-ish): I know that U13s don't get a steady cash flow (although, you mention expendable cash---very little of that at the moment), but they might get an iTunes card for eg. their birthday. They can upload this, and then there's no better time than to get the gems. Again, as eg. a birthday present, they may get some money in a card. They can spend this in the sane way.

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:48 PM
When I've actually got a point, I'm hood at making it. Sadly, I font often have a point. Anyway, back on topic (-ish): I know that U13s don't get a steady cash flow (although, you mention expendable cash---very little of that at the moment), but they might get an iTunes card for eg. their birthday. They can upload this, and then there's no better time than to get the gems. Again, as eg. a birthday present, they may get some money in a card. They can spend this in the sane way.

*same, sorry!:/

GroupMagma
05-05-11, 04:48 PM
Right now, it's 4:41 PM. (It's also Cinco de Mayo)

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:49 PM
will i get my 50 gems tomorrow if so i would like it for bakery stroyry my stormid is deonnae1

You don't just get them. You get them if you win the contest. It's not so easy as 50 gems on entrance!

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:52 PM
Right now, it's 4:41 PM. (It's also Cinco de Mayo)

-8 hours BST! Again, being British, sorry: Cinco de Mayo...oh, hang on, what language is that? Anyway, "ca n'est jeudi cinq mai 2011, c'est vendredi le six mai, 2011! Excuse moi, ma fran?ais est nul! Tr?s, tr?s nul!';)

Rachael98
05-05-11, 04:54 PM
-8 hours BST! Again, being British, sorry: Cinco de Mayo...oh, hang on, what language is that? Anyway, "ca n'est jeudi cinq mai 2011, c'est vendredi le six mai, 2011! Excuse moi, ma fran?ais est nul! Tr?s, tr?s nul!';)

Lol. I missed out a 'pas' that should have been in there and all the accents come out as '?'s!

Rachael98
05-05-11, 11:18 PM
Ah...come on! Only 40 minutes! I'm going out soon.

Mogwai4111
05-06-11, 12:28 AM
It's now 12:27 a.m. Seis de Mayo!

Rachael98
05-06-11, 02:32 PM
It's now 12:27 a.m. Seis de Mayo!

What exactly were you doing at half past midnight?

Mogwai4111
05-07-11, 12:20 AM
I don't sleep. At half past I was checkin' out the TL forums

Elagabalus
05-10-11, 07:14 AM
Could you let us knowhow we can participate in item suggestions?

GroupMagma
05-10-11, 11:08 AM
Could you let us knowhow we can participate in item suggestions?

These will be announced in Game-specific forums when they are active. Right now, there is a contest running for Restaurant Story on the Restaurant Story Facebook page. :)

sophiacml
05-11-11, 07:45 PM
Until now, I still have no idea how to participate on these events at all. Can anybody help?